« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 10:52 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yikes.

3rd sisters ‘dramatic moment’…cringe. And folks - that’s a bad actress. Sorry Disney. I know it chaps your ass but she’s awful.
Funny how they preempt any criticism by social media bombing. Calling the fans "toxic" and "racist" if we don't find her character appealing or interesting yet they are the ones who shrunk Finn on the Chinese version of the poster. Go figure.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:01 AM 06-17-2022
so if the hyperdrive is out on the transport, the star destroyer should easily catch them

i bet we get a big space battle to open episode 6 :-)

in the fracas, perhaps Obi-Wan takes a starfighter and gets the fuck outta dodge with Leia...Vader follows in his ship...tracks Obi-Wan and the Third Sister to Tatooine?

maybe some fun stuff over alderaan in there...maybe Bail shows up in the Tantive...hmm...hmmm...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:38 AM 06-17-2022
so great...it's like obi wan clipped his nuts! layers!

Originally Posted by :
The vengeance Vader has for Kenobi here is helping him tap into the dark side more. Kenobi takes that away in ANH.

My head canon: Vader is peak dark side here due to his rage toward Kenobi and once Obi-Wan takes revenge away in ANH by leaving the material world on his own terms Vader is changed

When Anakin is at his angriest his connection to the dark side is shockingly powerful. It’s almost as if Kenobi recognized this as he aged and decided to remove revenge from Anakin’s heart entirely by robbing him of it.

When he leaves the material world on his own terms in ANH he removes any ability for Vader to embrace vengeance on his own terms while simultaneously reminding him of the power of the light side. Both things put Vader in a better mindset for Luke later on.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:51 AM 06-17-2022

[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:53 AM 06-17-2022
really enjoyed the last episode. Bummer that people cant watch it for fun, rather than having to tear it apart frame-by-frame like a lame film school professor.

for god's sake......no muppets, no midochlorians, no "meza think", no in-your-face wokeness, and.........bad-ass vader.

It's fun......remember what it was like to see it through the eyes of a 13 year old? It's ok to have fun still.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 AM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
really enjoyed the last episode. Bummer that people cant watch it for fun, rather than having to tear it apart frame-by-frame like a lame film school professor.

for god's sake......no muppets, no midochlorians, no "meza think", no in-your-face wokeness, and.........bad-ass vader.

It's fun......remember what it was like to see it through the eyes of a 13 year old? It's ok to have fun still.
it's completely fun

and editing the jedi temple sparring seamlessly with present day events might be the only time we've ever seen that style of filmmaking in the history of star wars
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:20 AM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-) That's pretty good
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:00 AM 06-17-2022
Red Letter Media reviewing this are hilarious, and sums up the problem with fans today.

"It's not good, but I love it."

"It's a pleasure, but it's not super amazing. It's SUPER OK. But it's SUPER OK, not just OK."

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 06-17-2022
I liked the previous ones.

This one just felt cheap. C’mon, those transports and the little speeders arriving on scene looked awful. It’s the most CGI look and of this has had.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 AM 06-17-2022

This one just felt cheap. C’mon, those transports and the little speeders arriving on scene looked awful. It’s the most CGI look and of this has had.
Production value has been shit tier the entire show, though. Didn't notice anything this episode that was egregiously worse than what came before it.

After that laser gate you could just jaunt around I sort of wrote off critiquing the production too much. They obviously aren't putting their best efforts into it so it ain't worth thinking too much about.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:43 AM 06-17-2022

that's what you're bitching about?

if a meaningless speeder has to look a little dated, i'm fine with it

this looks better than the prequels - the real sets are fucking awesome
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:46 AM 06-17-2022
One exception is not de aging Anakin during the flashback sequences when he's dueling Obi Wan. That was a major component of the episode and wouldn't have taken much effort at all to do. Hell, YouTubers have already put out a version that looked great. But whatevs, it's fine
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 AM 06-17-2022
i've read speculation hayden may have demanded they use his real face in his contract
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:56 AM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i've read speculation hayden may have demanded they use his real face in his contract
Huh. Odd, but alright. I actually think not de aging him for the Order 66 scenes was better, anyway. Gives him more of a grizzled appearance.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:59 AM 06-17-2022
Hmm. Did anyone other than me get the feeling that Hayden Christensen is like a Dollar Store version of Keanu Reeves?
[Reply]
Page 33 of 54
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up