View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 328 of 343
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:23 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
He also completely trusted Hill. If Hill is replaceable, not spending money on Juju to spend it elsewhere is more than doable.
Juju won’t cost anything close to what Hill would have.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:25 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, I'm not sure he's a priority.
I think KC could keep him on a solid deal for the Chiefs. He doesn’t strike me as a guy looking at a huge payday.
[Reply]
O.city 04:31 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We’re only going to be able to keep 2-3 of the following

Sneed
Thornhill
Saunders
Juju
Orlando
Hardman

Then you have the next tier of guys with expiring deals/deals that won’t stay as is
Clark
Dunlap
Wiley
Williams
McKinnon
Watson
Harris

Lots of work to do.
Sneed and OBJ.
Done

All the others are fillers and role type guys anyway.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:31 PM 02-13-2023
Really no reason to be wrong in the first place on this one; OBJ has been solid most of the season. Zero idea why he gets so much hate on here.
Because he's not Willie Roaf. Chiefs fans want Marty's defense, Vermeil's line and running game, and think they can still have Mahomes and everything he does.

Some of us are just permanently stuck in the 90's and early 2000's. I don't get it either but it exists.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:33 PM 02-13-2023
Sign him. He's our LT for the foreseeable future, and damned glad to have him.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:34 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Juju won’t cost anything close to what Hill would have.
And we didn't pay Hill because of the other guys we are going to have to pay now. We went with the short term option in Juju because of what we are looking at right now in terms of who to pay.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:36 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Probably because of the fact that he’s been solid he wants to be paid like he’s elite. I am torn honestly and will have to defer to whatever Veach decides is best.
Nothing wrong with being torn; the idiocy was in the "hate" by the fans, especially those who wanted him benched.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:44 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
And if I'm the Chiefs I let him go get that money. We are talking about a sub 1k receiver who had 89 yards in the playoffs.

Thanks, and all the best in the future.
And all the catches he made in the 2nd half were schemed open.

Glad he enjoyed the ride but he really didn't show me anything this season.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:06 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gotta keep Orlando, extend Jones and see if you can fit Frank and Snead onboard while hoping we can get Hardman or Juju back, as well.

Lots of work to do.
That's not gonna happen. Why don't we trade for Aaron Donald while we're at at it?

OBJ earned a big check yesterday. But it shouldn't be signed here.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:09 PM 02-13-2023
Who are you suggesting trading with and who are you targeting in such a trade?
Anton Harrison has been mentioned numerous times. Over and over. As has has Paris Johnson
[Reply]
BWillie 05:13 PM 02-13-2023
he played well towards end of year but you absolutely do not sign the guy. let someone else give him the bag. hes not worth near as much as he wants, not even 65% of what he wants
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:19 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
he played well towards end of year but you absolutely do not sign the guy. let someone else give him the bag. hes not worth near as much as he wants, not even 65% of what he wants
He's not worth 65% of what he wants? I find that difficult to believe.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:24 PM 02-13-2023
He's not worth 65% of what he wants? I find that difficult to believe.
The problem is, he wants A TON.

He was much better the second half of the season, but he's still a mid-tier LT, and he wants to re-set the market and all of it guaranteed.

If we wouldn't do that for Hill, I doubt we will for Brown, who is a good but not elite player.

But someone might well do that, especially a team that fits his specific skillset, which is a run first offense.

I won't be shocked if we do it, but I think it's a 60% chance Veach tags and trades. If we could get a 2nd back for him, that's incredible value for a two year cost controlled rental.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:28 PM 02-13-2023
You just can't equal the Hill and Brown situations.

The Chiefs were confident they can scheme around not having Tyreek around anymore. Just can't scheme around bad blocking.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:32 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The problem is, he wants A TON.

He was much better the second half of the season, but he's still a mid-tier LT, and he wants to re-set the market and all of it guaranteed.

If we wouldn't do that for Hill, I doubt we will for Brown, who is a good but not elite player.

But someone might well do that, especially a team that fits his specific skillset, which is a run first offense.

I won't be shocked if we do it, but I think it's a 60% chance Veach tags and trades. If we could get a 2nd back for him, that's incredible value for a two year cost controlled rental.
We're talking 65% of whatever it is he wants. If his demands were CRAZY (like $30 million per season), 65% of that is less than $20 million per year. Are you suggesting we shouldn't pay him <$20 million per?
[Reply]
Page 328 of 343
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338 > Last »
Up