View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 327 of 343
« First < 227277317323324325326327 328329330331337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:59 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
People haven't given an answer of your liking perhaps. Most calls for him to be replaced are to do so by moving up in the 1st and drafting a new LT. If you don't think that a "good answer," then you're entitled to that opinion. The problem with expecting some other answer than that or re-signing him is the other two options are more unsettling; trading for and paying top dollar to a better one or signing one in free agency that's at least no better than Brown.

At the end of the day, I feel like it comes down to re-signing OBj or drafting his replacement. The Chiefs probably do sign OBj long-term. It's a passable idea so long as they upgrade at RT. I'm not delusional enough to think Wylie's performance tonight dismisses everything he did up to this point. I equivocally have reservations about signing OBj to a big contract. I would tag him and not sign him until I could see how the draft does shake out. If a good LT falls, I think I'd pounce on it. It saves KC a lot of money for the next 5 years and they could see an uptick in pass blocking at the position. If a LT doesn't fall, go ahead and sign him and live with his flaws but do try to get much better at RT.
Who are you suggesting trading with and who are you targeting in such a trade?
[Reply]
Bump 12:00 AM 02-13-2023
great superbowl performance, 0 sacks against a 70 sack team says a lot about the whole line. Even the RT.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:00 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gotta keep Orlando, extend Jones and see if you can fit Frank and Snead onboard while hoping we can get Hardman or Juju back, as well.

Lots of work to do.
Is there anything Hardman or Juju provide that cant be replaced by a rookie WR? We've already kind of replaced Hardman with Toney and even Moore started running those sweeps.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:00 AM 02-13-2023
Dude earned his bread tonight.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:05 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Is there anything Hardman or Juju provide that cant be replaced by a rookie WR?
Hardmans speed element is a part of what takes this offense to another level. I’m pretty sure his offers in FA will be very limited and he will return for a cheapish 1 year deal with a chip on his shoulder.

Mahomes completely trusts Juju and that’s not easy to do.

This offseason is going to be tough because realistically it’s another scenario where trading a star ends up the best decision. If I’m making the decisions, I extend Jones for 3 years and Orlando a 5 year deal.

And I hope to draft a DE to compliment Karlaftis in the first or second round.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:06 AM 02-13-2023
Mahomes completely trusts Juju and that’s not easy to do.
He also completely trusted Hill. If Hill is replaceable, not spending money on Juju to spend it elsewhere is more than doable.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:12 AM 02-13-2023
It's a weak WR market and this is probably Juju's best shot at a multi year deal. His knees and general health did seem to take a turn in the second half of the season, and if I'm him -- I'm going to try to get as much as I can while I can.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:15 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who are you suggesting trading with and who are you targeting in such a trade?
I'm not suggesting we trade for a guy in the league currently. I think it's bad business to trade high picks and then have to pay a guy on top of it. If you're going to do something like that then you better be getting a stud and the only one I see that even fits the criteria is Tunsil. That would be a costly endeavor, if even possible.

Anyhow, we'll have to see how the draft shakes out. I fully expect Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski, and Broderick Jones to be off the board in the top 15 with the Bears, Titans, and Patriots all really needing LTs. If Anton Harrison gets by Pittsburgh to 18, I'd probably talk to Detroit to get in front of Tampa Bay (solid chance they might need to cut Donovan Smith for cap space). Maybe you talk to Washington at 16 too but we're starting to get into future 1st territory. Detroit at 18 is already pushing it and you're probably giving up this year's 2nd. I'd hope for this year's 3rd and next year's 2nd though.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:16 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It's a weak WR market and this is probably Juju's best shot at a multi year deal. His knees and general health did seem to take a turn in the second half of the season, and if I'm him -- I'm going to try to get as much as I can while I can.
And if I'm the Chiefs I let him go get that money. We are talking about a sub 1k receiver who had 89 yards in the playoffs.

Thanks, and all the best in the future.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:18 AM 02-13-2023
We’re only going to be able to keep 2-3 of the following

Sneed
Thornhill
Saunders
Juju
Orlando
Hardman

Then you have the next tier of guys with expiring deals/deals that won’t stay as is
Clark
Dunlap
Wiley
Williams
McKinnon
Watson
Harris

Lots of work to do.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:18 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
And if I'm the Chiefs I let him go get that money. We are talking about a sub 1k receiver who had 89 yards in the playoffs.

Thanks, and all the best in the future.
Yeah, I'm not sure he's a priority.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:00 PM 02-13-2023
As much as I love OBJ and want him back with the Chiefs, we do have a boatload of picks that will likely make this team. OL will likely be addressed with at least one/some of them. Will certainly make things interesting.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:02 PM 02-13-2023
We’re only going to be able to keep 2-3 of the following

Sneed
Thornhill
Saunders
Juju
Orlando
Hardman

Then you have the next tier of guys with expiring deals/deals that won’t stay as is
Clark
Dunlap
Wiley
Williams
McKinnon
Watson
Harris

Lots of work to do.
Sneed isn't a FA dude.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:02 PM 02-13-2023
I don't know what they'll do, but I think Burt has earned our trust.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:04 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Really no reason to be wrong in the first place on this one; OBJ has been solid most of the season. Zero idea why he gets so much hate on here.
Probably because of the fact that he’s been solid he wants to be paid like he’s elite. I am torn honestly and will have to defer to whatever Veach decides is best.
[Reply]
Page 327 of 343
« First < 227277317323324325326327 328329330331337 > Last »
Up