ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 327 of 488
« First < 227277317323324325326327 328329330331337377427 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:03 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
A 33 year old disgruntled QB who has publicly stated that he wants out....is not the same thing as a 24 year old WR on a rookie deal.

[Reply]

The Franchise 02:04 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:16 PM 03-29-2022

via GIPHY

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I just don't see them going out and getting a big time #1 guy - McLaurin makes sense because he's kind of under-the-radar because he plays for a shit team.

The other guys like Metcalf and Samuel are absolutely going to make Tyreek money at some point. Hell, Diontae Johnson told the Steelers he wants Stephon Diggs/Cooper Kupp money, which would put him in the top 3-5 highest-paid WR's in the league.
Yeah, there's a 'new normal' on the WR market.

Time to start making chicken salad, Pat. Lots of it.

And Veach needs to start using more 2nd day capital on the position. Maybe treat it like many teams treat CBs. Just take one in the 2nd or 3rd round literally every single year. Take another on the 3rd day some years if the board falls right.

Just start firing bullets while you look for 2nd wave FAs to supplement the WR room.

But there's NOTHING to be gained by tossing mid-level QB contracts at a WR. It's just a disaster waiting to happen. But it will KEEP happening because teams with QBs on rookie deals will have the space and the justification to spend it (gotta give my young QB some weapons!).

Some perfect storm stuff for WRs, really. Which is surprising - the game has gotten easier for them in many many ways.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:20 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And Veach needs to start using more 2nd day capital on the position. Maybe treat it like many teams treat CBs. Just take one in the 2nd or 3rd round literally every single year. Take another on the 3rd day some years if the board falls right.

Just start firing bullets while you look for 2nd wave FAs to supplement the WR room.

But there's NOTHING to be gained by tossing mid-level QB contracts at a WR. It's just a disaster waiting to happen. But it will KEEP happening because teams with QBs on rookie deals will have the space and the justification to spend it (gotta give my young QB some weapons!).

Some perfect storm stuff for WRs, really. Which is surprising - the game has gotten easier for them in many many ways.
So you're out on McLaurin?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 03-29-2022

I said basically the same thing a few minutes ago. I think the approach going forward at WR will be similar to CB. They're going to be looking for rookies and guys like James Bradberry.

Right?

I think we're entering an era where the Chiefs are going to start approaching WR like they do CB.

Notice who they are rumored to be pursuing at CB. They're going to be looking for solid guys in that second tier of money IMO...

[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:28 PM 03-29-2022

Lockett makes the most sense here. Might cost you a 3rd, contract doesn't break the bank, can walk I'm a few years, oh yeah averages 1,000 yards 8 TDs
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:42 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lockett makes the most sense here. Might cost you a 3rd, contract doesn't break the bank, can walk I'm a few years, oh yeah averages 1,000 yards 8 TDs
I simply don't believe the Chiefs are looking to trade for a 30 y/o WR. That has not been their M.O.
[Reply]
O.city 02:47 PM 03-29-2022
Defensive ends make alot. QB's make alot. LT's make alot. Corners, safeties etc.

Everyone is making money. It's going up. New day in the NFL.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 03-29-2022
So you're out on McLaurin?
I'm out on given substantial draft capital for a WR who's a year away from the FA market, yes.

Unless/until that bubble bursts, I don't want any part of it. McLaurin, even if he comes 'cheap', will probably cost $16-18 million.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:36 PM 03-29-2022
McLaurin, even if he comes 'cheap', will probably cost $16-18 million.
16-18 is too much? Damn bro, where you shopping for WR's, the pennysaver?
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:35 PM 03-29-2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:37 PM 03-29-2022
I simply don't believe the Chiefs are looking to trade for a 30 y/o WR. That has not been their M.O.
There's an out in his contract after a few years. This is going to be the cost of business moving forward of a guy like Lockett either pay those guys a pretty penny or gamble on them at a bit of an older age.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:58 PM 03-29-2022
16-18 is too much? Damn bro, where you shopping for WR's, the pennysaver?
Already told you - I’m drafting them. If I find a star I extend him once.

But McLaurin isn’t a star. He’s a really solid X receiver.

I’m not paying market prices for those anymore. Our ‘baller ass GM’ needs to be able to find those in the draft and our all-world quarterback needs to figure out how to make them work.
[Reply]
emaw1979 05:00 PM 03-29-2022
Kirk Cousins and Patrick Mahomes are in different leagues and for right now, Cousins has more guaranteed money. The cap hits are nearly identical over the next two years.

You're underestimating the NFL's propensity to hand out huge contracts just because teams can - see also Miami Dolphins.
Mahomes entire salary is guaranteed. It has the rollover guarantee that basically makes it impossible cap wise to cut him.
[Reply]
Page 327 of 488
« First < 227277317323324325326327 328329330331337377427 > Last »
Up