ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 326 of 488
« First < 226276316322323324325326 327328329330336376426 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:50 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I think the "didn't want to pay him" trope is a little misguided in this specific instance. I think we're willing to pay big money for a top WR, just not THE VERY TOP money.
All of the guys listed, for the most part, are going to make VERY TOP money. See the post I just made.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:50 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He had a big time stud and didn't want to pay him. They're not going to trade for DK.

[Reply]

The Franchise 01:51 PM 03-29-2022
I just don't see them going out and getting a big time #1 guy - McLaurin makes sense because he's kind of under-the-radar because he plays for a shit team.

The other guys like Metcalf and Samuel are absolutely going to make Tyreek money at some point. Hell, Diontae Johnson told the Steelers he wants Stephon Diggs/Cooper Kupp money, which would put him in the top 3-5 highest-paid WR's in the league.
Oh I don't either. Metcalf, Samuel and Brown are way out of our price range. McLaurin is really the only viable option, in my eyes, out of that list.

I think Reid, EB and Nagy could do some good things with Aiyuk and Shenault. Plus Aiyuk has that 5th year option if we wanted to use it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:51 PM 03-29-2022
For sure, but that's what mid-round picks are for. We can't keep trading high picks for players. It's not sustainable.
I wasn't referencing high picks, those are guys you expect to make the team. It was more in reference to having 12 picks and some of those are disposable and should be used to move up or trade if there is an opportunity.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:51 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This.

And Hill wanted to be in Miami.
You're missing my point. I'm not bashing the Hill trade.

I'm just saying if they were in the market for a big time salary, which DK Metcalf WILL command, they would have kept Hill.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:52 PM 03-29-2022
I just don't see them going out and getting a big time #1 guy - McLaurin makes sense because he's kind of under-the-radar because he plays for a shit team.

The other guys like Metcalf and Samuel are absolutely going to make Tyreek money at some point. Hell, Diontae Johnson told the Steelers he wants Stephon Diggs/Cooper Kupp money, which would put him in the top 3-5 highest-paid WR's in the league.
AND :-) at Diontae "Stone Hands" Johnson wanting Cooper Kupp money.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I wasn't referencing high picks, those are guys you expect to make the team.
Oh, gotcha.
[Reply]
SuperChief 01:53 PM 03-29-2022
All of the guys listed, for the most part, are going to make VERY TOP money. See the post I just made.
Agree to disagree. These guys will command CLOSE to the top, which I think the FO will be fine with if it's the right guy/right fit/etc. Just not what Tyreek got.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 03-29-2022
AND :-) at Diontae "Stone Hands" Johnson wanting Cooper Kupp money.
Right?

I think we're entering an era where the Chiefs are going to start approaching WR like they do CB.

Notice who they are rumored to be pursuing at CB. They're going to be looking for solid guys in that second tier of money IMO...
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:54 PM 03-29-2022
Agree to disagree. These guys will command CLOSE to the top, which I think the FO will be fine with if it's the right guy/right fit/etc. Just not what Tyreek got.
Ehhhhh I'm not so sure about that. AJ Brown is going to want top 3 money. Same thing with Metcalf. The only one who will probably get less is Samuel and that's just because he's got injury issues from two years ago.
[Reply]
SuperChief 01:56 PM 03-29-2022
Ehhhhh I'm not so sure about that. AJ Brown is going to want top 3 money. Same thing with Metcalf. The only one who will probably get less is Samuel and that's just because he's got injury issues from two years ago.
I think AJ Brown and DK are in different leagues and will be paid accordingly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 03-29-2022
Exactly.

What they lack in production over time compared to Tyreek they make up for in physical traits and age.

AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are going to get Tyreek money or close to it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:58 PM 03-29-2022
I think AJ Brown and DK are in different leagues and will be paid accordingly.
Kirk Cousins and Patrick Mahomes are in different leagues and for right now, Cousins has more guaranteed money. The cap hits are nearly identical over the next two years.

You're underestimating the NFL's propensity to hand out huge contracts just because teams can - see also Miami Dolphins.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:00 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by :
Speaking Tuesday, Seahawks GM John Schneider said that it is "our intent" to extend contract-year WR DK Metcalf.

The Seahawks notably said the exact same thing about Russell Wilson. Schneider also again complained about the exploding market for wide receivers, as he did last week, saying: "But yeah there is a bit of, whoa, but then you have to figure out, where’s the cap going? What it’s going to look like? How do you build your team?" Pete Carroll used the exact same word, "intend," in speaking about Metcalf earlier on Tuesday. There sure seems to be reason to believe Metcalf could be traded if the Seahawks aren't comfortable paying what the market is now bearing.

[Reply]

The Franchise 02:02 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

A 33 year old disgruntled QB who has publicly stated that he wants out....is not the same thing as a 24 year old WR on a rookie deal.
[Reply]
Page 326 of 488
« First < 226276316322323324325326 327328329330336376426 > Last »
Up