ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 324 of 333
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
myselff77 04:55 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just don't know what you've got.

I mean I'm not asking for Mariano Rivera here.

But the Cardinals seem to believe they can push themselves into playoff position this year. So they're looking for some reasonably proficient BP arm. Do you guys even HAVE a reliever on the roster who managed an ERA below 4.5 over more than 30 innings last year?

Because a 4.5 ERA in relief is pretty much the bottom rung of roster worthy.

Jose Cuas looks like he might be something worth having in a middle relief role. Missed some bats, didn't walk the ballpark (though a BB/9 over 4 still sucks). If I had to pick somebody off your roster I guess it'd be Austin Cox but really we need a righty more than a lefty. Alec Marsh has interesting stuff but ZERO command.

Is James McArthur a thing? He doesn't appear to be; looks like a AAAA guy.

I mean the bottom line is that I'd spin the wheel and take my chances on Carlos Hernandez. I've always kinda liked Josh Staumont's stuff but if I'm swapping reclamation projects I'm not swapping a Gold glove power/speed LFer for a setup man. The respective degree of difficulties are identical but the upsides are far apart.

I just don't know what the Royals have to get it done. That big league roster is roooooouuuuuugh.
Wait, you don't buy into the thought process of the Royals should be able to trade a player everyone agrees is garbage for a player that has at least some value? Your analysis is fair and refreshing around these parts.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:04 AM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just don't know what you've got.

I mean I'm not asking for Mariano Rivera here.

But the Cardinals seem to believe they can push themselves into playoff position this year. So they're looking for some reasonably proficient BP arm. Do you guys even HAVE a reliever on the roster who managed an ERA below 4.5 over more than 30 innings last year?

Because a 4.5 ERA in relief is pretty much the bottom rung of roster worthy.

Jose Cuas looks like he might be something worth having in a middle relief role. Missed some bats, didn't walk the ballpark (though a BB/9 over 4 still sucks). If I had to pick somebody off your roster I guess it'd be Austin Cox but really we need a righty more than a lefty. Alec Marsh has interesting stuff but ZERO command.

Is James McArthur a thing? He doesn't appear to be; looks like a AAAA guy.

I mean the bottom line is that I'd spin the wheel and take my chances on Carlos Hernandez. I've always kinda liked Josh Staumont's stuff but if I'm swapping reclamation projects I'm not swapping a Gold glove power/speed LFer for a setup man. The respective degree of difficulties are identical but the upsides are far apart.

I just don't know what the Royals have to get it done. That big league roster is roooooouuuuuugh.
The minor league system isn't much better. It's rough. Bottom 5.

I was reading the Baseball Prospectus top 10 for KC yesterday, and I realized that the current regime has kind of broken me.

The Mozzicato/Kudrna draft started it for me, and I think the Blake Mitchell pick last year finished it.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12-07-2023, 11:13 AM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia.
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:24 PM 12-07-2023
So the George Brett doc airs tonight on the MLB Network. For those of us who don't get the channel, is there anyway to stream the broadcast online anywhere?
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:05 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The minor league system isn't much better. It's rough. Bottom 5.

I was reading the Baseball Prospectus top 10 for KC yesterday, and I realized that the current regime has kind of broken me.

The Mozzicato/Kudrna draft started it for me, and I think the Blake Mitchell pick last year finished it.
Can't wait to go with a slot pick and have absolute an absolute ass draft again.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:12 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Can't wait to go with a slot pick and have absolute an absolute ass draft again.

I mean, I fully expect it to be an undersized HS pitcher from a scold weather state.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:16 PM 12-07-2023
Saw that the Royals were a finalist for Eduardo Rodriguez. That would have been a decent signing I think.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:42 PM 12-07-2023
Good to see the Royals rack up all those minor league signings with that 30 mill.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:22 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by Dayton Moore:
If you make enough good decisions, three-year plans turn into two-year plans and five-year plans turn into three-year plans. If you make bad decisions, 10-year plans turn into no plan.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:52 PM 12-07-2023
If I'm JJ, I think I try to swing a deal with the Reds for Brady Singer. Spencer Steer would be ideal, but they got some options in Jonathan India and Noelvi Marte.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:29 AM 12-08-2023
It's gonna rock when they announce Ohtani to the Royals today!!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:15 AM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
It's gonna rock when they announce Ohtani to the Royals today!!!
Now THAT will be epic
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:27 PM 12-08-2023
From Ken Rosenthal in the Athletic:

Originally Posted by :
The Royals have been surprisingly aggressive in trying to add starting pitching, according to league sources briefed on their pursuits. Ideally, the team would like to add two starters to go with lefty Cole Ragans and righty Brady Singer, as well as a hitter and bullpen help.

At least one significant piece is likely to come through a trade, and the Royals are among the clubs talking to the Marlins and Mariners about their starters. Designated hitter Vinnie Pasquantino and third baseman Maikel Garcia likely will remain part of the Royals’ future along with shortstop Bobby Witt Jr. But outfielder MJ Melendez, second baseman Michael Massey and catcher Freddy Fermin are among the players the Royals could move, and rival clubs also are interested in their minor-league pitching.

As for free agents, the Royals made an offer to Gray, who signed a three-year, $75 million contract with the Cardinals, and they also were in on righty Erick Fedde, who went to the White Sox on a two-year, $15 million deal. They likely will be active on the tier below the front-line starters, exploring pitchers such as Wacha, Lucas Giolito, Marcus Stroman and Seth Lugo. But the two-year, $26 million contract the Reds awarded Martinez elevated the market for those starters, several of whom are more accomplished. Which might require the Royals to make an uncomfortable trade.

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:46 PM 12-08-2023
Damn Gray would have been awesome. Wonder how competitive our offers are? Gotta think we'd have to over pay to get a gone to come here.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:48 PM 12-08-2023
Should have traded Melendez while he was a top 100.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:08 PM 12-08-2023
Saw an unconfirmed report that Ohtani is signing with the blue jays
[Reply]
Page 324 of 333
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328 > Last »
Up