ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 324 of 352
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328334 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BWillie 09:48 PM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why? He’s not NBA athletic. His shot is not ready.
Athleticism isn't his problem. He isn't Ochai but for a 6'7" wing hes plenty athletic. The problem is he can't score in the half court. I'd say hes actually raw if anything. Slow release on his shot too. If he had Wilson's ball handling and footwork he would be a lottery pick.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:57 PM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Brauns going in the second round
Not going to happen!
[Reply]
Lzen 07:19 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I didn’t write the column you ****ing pillowbiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But you did post it here, jackhole. GTFO, MUron!
[Reply]
Lzen 07:20 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Oh man. That Missouri board is hilarious.

A lot of talk about how teams should boycott the tournament next year if we aren’t stripped….from Missouri fans.

Sure…if by some miracle Missouri made the tourney next year, apparently Missouri fans will want the team to decline the invite out of protest.
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Lzen 07:23 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Boat_Racer:
Hope not. I want him to come back for another year.

Dude is by far my favorite player on this team with Wilson second.
For me, it's hard to pick a favorite player on this team. But if I had to, I'd pick Braun as my favorite followed by Ochai as a close 2nd - sort of 1a & 1b.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:24 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
For me, it's hard to pick a favorite player on this team. But if I had to, I'd pick Braun as my favorite followed by Ochai as a close 2nd - sort of 1a & 1b.
Remy
[Reply]
Lzen 07:25 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by :
Come celebrate the Kansas Basketball National Championship with the rest of Jayhawk Nation. The parade will feature the Kansas Spirit Squads, Band and basketball team on Mass Street from 6th to 19th. Mass Street will be unavailable to vehicle north and south traffic starting at 3 a.m. on Sunday morning until roughly 2 hours after the end of the parade. Starting at 11 a.m. on Sunday, fans can park on campus in Lot 90, Burge Union and the Computer Center to catch shuttles downtown for the parade. Shuttles will run up to an hour post parade. For a full schedule of Wave the Wheat Weekend events, see below.
https://kuathletics.com/kansas-baske...&elq_cid=61967
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:46 AM 04-07-2022
Jalen Wilson was my favorite player. I honestly think he was the most important piece on the team.

Having a stretch 4 who can do so many things well was really valuable this year.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:50 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
https://kuathletics.com/kansas-baske...&elq_cid=61967
That is going to be a zoo.
There are still rooms available at The Eldridge (surprisingly). May be an option...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:10 AM 04-07-2022
I’ve posted this before, but early on in the season I thought Remy was the X-factor who could take this team’s offense over the top. He seemed like such an atypical Self guy when he was brought on board, with his reportedly explosive offense, lackadaisical defense and propensity to play hero ball over setting up the offense - but it felt like Self bringing him on was an acknowledgement that he had the gear this team needed. Add in his regular season injury, rumored tension with Self, disappearance and then ascension as a passer, defender, and delivering as an explosive offensive spark plug in March and his redemptive arc this year will always be legendary.

In the title game he was just electrifying. Remy picked us up when our offense and defense hit an understandable lull after that 31-10 run and Dave was pulled to catch a breath. Remy then single-handedly willed our offense under the 8 minute mark til the game’s end, There are some crazy things to look back on with Remy’s performance, namely that he hit three tiebreaking second half threes each time North Carolina had chipped into our lead - it was like every time we needed an answer, Remy was there, inventing shots on his own and nailing them each time. On defense, the side of the court he had been heavily scrutinized on as a transfer and benched for this season, he came at Carolina’s players with ferocity, culminating in what may have been a championship swinging block at the very end. He was present all the way to the end, when he passed it off to Big Dave down-low to finish off the Tarheels.

Ochai was the heart of this team, but I will always remember Remy ascending this team above classic March KU losses against the red hot 3 point shooting Creighton, when the rest of our offense couldn’t buy a shot against Providence and of course, how clutch Remy was in the title game. I always dreamed KU would get a player who could take over a game like that when the lights were brightest and Remy absolutely delivered.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:35 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I’ve posted this before, but early on in the season I thought Remy was the x-factor who could take this team’s offense over the top. Add in his regular season injury, rumored tension with Self, disappearance and then ascension as a passer, defender, and delivering as an explosive offensive spark plug in March and his redemptive arc this year will always be legendary to me.

In the title game he was just legendary. Remy picked us up when our offense and defense hit an understandable lull after that 31-10 run and Dave was pulled to catch a breath. Remy then single-handedly willed our offense under the minute mark til the game’s end, There are some crazy things to look back on with Remy’s performance, namely that he hit three tiebreaking second half threes each time North Carolina had chipped into our lead - it was like every time we needed an answer, Remy was there, inventing shots on his own and nailing them each time. On defense, the side of the court he had been heavily scrutinized on as a transfer and benched for this season, he came at Carolina’s with a ferocity on D, culminating in what may have been a championship swinging block at the very end. His contribution led us to the end, when he passed it off to Big Dave down-low to finish off the Tarheels.

Ochai was the heart of this team, but I will always remember Remy ascending this team above classic March KU losses against Creighton and Providence and how clutch he was in the title game. I always dreamed KU would get a player who could take over a game like that when the lights were brightest and Remy absolutely delivered.
It took a lot longer than I had hoped, but Remy turned into the player I thought he would be for this team when he came to KU.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:42 AM 04-07-2022
Man, lots of good comments on the various players. Like I said, it's hard to choose because they all contributed important minutes and plays. And yes, Remy was the guy we needed to help get us over the top.

It's just amazing that this all came together like this. I am so happy with this team.

I just finished another order at Fanatics.com. I'm getting just about as bad as I was 2 years ago with the Chiefs in buying championship stuff. :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:47 AM 04-07-2022
Seth Greenberg goes all over the map:

I don’t think he separates himself. Obviously, the second championship separates him. Alright, that’s rare air.

But I look at college basketball today, Bill Self is probably in that conversation, Jay Wright is in that conversation. Don’t forget about John Calipari. He’s not going anywhere, he’s still in Kentucky. Kentucky will always be in that conversation. And then a guy like Hubert Davis, I think he’s going to emerge as a voice of college basketball.

But right now in this moment in time, Bill Self has separated himself as a coach.”

[Reply]
Pablo 08:48 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Seth Greenberg goes all over the map:

I don’t think he separates himself. Obviously, the second championship separates him. Alright, that’s rare air.

But I look at college basketball today, Bill Self is probably in that conversation, Jay Wright is in that conversation. Don’t forget about John Calipari. He’s not going anywhere, he’s still in Kentucky. Kentucky will always be in that conversation. And then a guy like Hubert Davis, I think he’s going to emerge as a voice of college basketball.

But right now in this moment in time, Bill Self has separated himself as a coach.”
Don’t forget about a guy that had a 9 win team last year and just lost to a 15. Lolololol
[Reply]
Lzen 08:58 AM 04-07-2022
This is very interesting. And very relevant to the recent "blue bloods" discussion, IMO.

Tournament Wins In The Modern Era
https://johngasaway.com/2022/04/05/y...he-modern-era/
[Reply]
Page 324 of 352
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328334 > Last »
Up