ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 323 of 378
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327333373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:41 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't need to write a letter to make the claim that they were champions of the 2020 season. I'm doing it here because it happened.

It is a perfectly logical position to take considering the history of college sports and their champions, one that nobody can actually refute.
Well, except for the pesky fact they aren't actually recognized as 2020 Champions and the school doesn't claim it. That actually does completely refute the claim that Kansas was 2020 Champions.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:45 PM 06-01-2023
Think Miami is going to steal a game tonight. Always a bit leery of teams that have sat this long this late into the season, regardless of sport.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:45 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, except for the pesky fact they aren't actually recognized as 2020 Champions and the school doesn't claim it. That actually does completely refute the claim that Kansas was 2020 Champions.
Again, that's only because of program pride. I don't have that problem and I recognize it.

It is the only logical conclusion to make considering the history of NCAA sports.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:48 PM 06-01-2023
Again, that's only because of program pride. I don't have that problem and I recognize it.

It is the only logical conclusion to make considering the history of NCAA sports.
So why doesn't the NCAA recognize them as Champions? That has nothing to do with 'program pride'.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:52 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So why doesn't the NCAA recognize them as Champions? That has nothing to do with 'program pride'.
Because they wrongly chose not to run their tournament. That being said, they should have and probably would do it now having had time to think about it.

In any case, I'm more than happy for KU to be AP and Coaches Poll champions.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:04 PM 06-01-2023
Well they're right about that. Everyone knows there is a distinction there. LeBron's ridiculous longevity is not the only reason why he's the GOAT, but it's certainly the biggest. Nobody has ever come close to being as good as him for as long as him. The guy just averaged a 30 point triple double in the WCFs in year 20 with a torn tendon in his foot.

GOAT stuff.
Great stuff? Yeah. GOAT? Nope. Championships in which you were the most important person on your team trumps playing for a long time. Jordan did it for a long time as well and has the hardware to back it up. It wasn't like he was some sort of role player either. He was the focal point of that team. At this point you have become the Knowmo of Lebron. You believe what you want despite mounting evidence and only answer questions you think you can answer and win. When that fails you default to Twitter to save you.

Is Lebron good? Yup. Is he Top 10 all time? Yup. Is he the GOAT? Nope to anyone besides the most die hard Lebron groupies. I mean literally every argument you had for him has been smashed, so now you have defaulted to "longevity" as your go to. It is a bad look unless you are purposely trolling for the fun of it.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:05 PM 06-01-2023
Man I really really really don't want Denver fans to have anything nice in their life. They need to go from the pain of a Finals loss right into the pain of a terrible season of russet ball.

Heat in 7!!
[Reply]
tredadda 05:07 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Man I really really really don't want Denver fans to have anything nice in their life. They need to go from the pain of a Finals loss right into the pain of a terrible season of russet ball.

Heat in 7!!
I definitely have no dog in the fight on this one. I am torn as I don't dislike the Nuggets, but your point is valid.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:07 PM 06-01-2023

Heat in 7!!
Too late for that. The Avalanche already won and the Nuggets probably will as well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:09 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I definitely have no dog in the fight on this one. I am torn as I don't dislike the Nuggets, but your point is valid.
Yeah. Both teams are in that unspectacularly likable tier.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:09 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Great stuff? Yeah. GOAT? Nope. Championships in which you were the most important person on your team trumps playing for a long time. Jordan did it for a long time as well and has the hardware to back it up. It wasn't like he was some sort of role player either. He was the focal point of that team. At this point you have become the Knowmo of Lebron. You believe what you want despite mounting evidence and only answer questions you think you can answer and win. When that fails you default to Twitter to save you.

Is Lebron good? Yup. Is he Top 10 all time? Yup. Is he the GOAT? Nope to anyone besides the most die hard Lebron groupies. I mean literally every argument you had for him has been smashed, so now you have defaulted to "longevity" as your go to. It is a bad look unless you are purposely trolling for the fun of it.
Bill Russell is the GOAT then, no? We need to be clear about the rules here.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:11 PM 06-01-2023

Heat in 7!!
I'm cheering for the Nuggets. They've been one of my teams since I was a kid.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06-01-2023, 05:27 PM
This message has been deleted by KC_Connection.
Marco Polo 05:33 PM 06-01-2023
Nuggets are a small market team with no expectations as a fan base. Having lived in Denver for seven years, the Nuggets became my adopted team. Go Nuggets!
[Reply]
tredadda 05:40 PM 06-01-2023
Bill Russell is the GOAT then, no? We need to be clear about the rules here.
No. I never used championships as the only basis for being the GOAT, nor will I ever. Jordan has plenty of other stats and accolades that support him being the GOAT. I do see what you are trying as deep down you have to know the longevity argument is silly at best, especially considering the difference between Lebron and Jordan is like two years (as you can't count Lebron's first three years).
[Reply]
Pablo 05:47 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Nuggets are a small market team with no expectations as a fan base. Having lived in Denver for seven years, the Nuggets became my adopted team. Go Nuggets!
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm cheering for the Nuggets. They've been one of my teams since I was a kid.
A Denver team????? No no no no no no no.

What's next, you're both Cardinals fans?
[Reply]
Page 323 of 378
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327333373 > Last »
Up