View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 322 of 343
« First < 222272312318319320321322 323324325326332 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 01-30-2023
merely OK

[Reply]
mkp785 12:17 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
You took Skyy Moore in the 2nd round. It's time to shit or get off the pot there, he needs to step in and do what JJSS does.

I'm not paying JJSS 20 mil a year. No thanks.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"We have nothing here"

JJSS doesn't change that. He's completely fungible.

The guy didn't keep taking one-year deals to reposition himself in the market so he could take a discount at 26 years old. He's going to require as much from us as he would anyone else.

And we shouldn't be the ones to pay it.
We'll see what he signs for but I don't think he'll be breaking the bank anywhere. He had an good year followed by a sub optimal playoffs (so far) he's not gonna be getting DK Metcalf money. He also has to find a better situation then this with a team that'll give him a long term deal.

IMO he won't find that and his less than optimal playoffs has hurt his value. I could see him saying "I just won a superbowl and I play with Mahomes. I'll stay"

I don't buy into the whole "players will take discounts" cause Mahomes thing that get said a lot around here but in this case it's kinda of the perfect storm.

He won't get 20M, I think he tops out at a Christian Kirk like deal.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:17 PM 01-30-2023
89 offensive snaps in the post-season and he has 3 catches for 36 yards. Going back to the Seattle game where we needed every win to gain/hold that 1 seed, the guy's had 10 receptions for 120 yards over 5 games.

So down the stretch he's been good for 2 catches and 25 yards/gm. And sure, maybe he's been dinged up in that span, but that's ALSO been a hallmark of his career.

He just doesn't bring much to the table. We've got folks wanting to cut MVS to save $7 million on the cap while simultaneously arguing in favor of bringing back JJSS at probably 250% of that figure.

Just...why? I don't get it at all.
I mean you can make the argument that Skyy Moore should be able to do what JJSS does.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:18 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Before the playoffs I was of the mindset of cutting MVS and bringing back Juju. I've flipped now. Juju has shown practically zero in the last two games. I think MVS struggled early because him and Mahomes were off on their connection. They showed last night what it can look like when it's on.
And this is why we should focus on tools when building a roster.

MVS has had the tools to have this kind of game. It just hadn't quite clicked yet.

JJSS on the other hand, has the tools to be little more than an inefficient target sponge; a poor man's landry.

Had we lost MVS instead of JJSS last night, we lose that game, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:19 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean you can make the argument that Skyy Moore should be able to do what JJSS does.
I have.

A dozen or so times to this point.

It's exactly what we should be asking Moore to do long-term and exactly why we don't need JJSS.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:19 PM 01-30-2023
And this is why we should focus on tools when building a roster.

MVS has had the tools to have this kind of game. It just hadn't quite clicked yet.

JJSS on the other hand, has the tools to be little more than an inefficient target sponge; a poor man's landry.

Had we lost MVS instead of JJSS last night, we lose that game, IMO.
JJSS is like a TE WR he is just a possession guy, guys like that are supposed to be easy to replace not cost a bundle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:20 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
He won't get 20M, I think he tops out at a Christian Kirk like deal.
I'd take Kirk 100 times out of 100 over JJSS.

There's no way I'd give him Kirk's deal.
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM 01-30-2023
Yeah, Kirk would be an ass kicker in this offense.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:21 PM 01-30-2023
89 offensive snaps in the post-season and he has 3 catches for 36 yards. Going back to the Seattle game where we needed every win to gain/hold that 1 seed, the guy's had 10 receptions for 120 yards over 5 games.

So down the stretch he's been good for 2 catches and 25 yards/gm. And sure, maybe he's been dinged up in that span, but that's ALSO been a hallmark of his career.

He just doesn't bring much to the table. We've got folks wanting to cut MVS to save $7 million on the cap while simultaneously arguing in favor of bringing back JJSS at probably 250% of that figure.

Just...why? I don't get it at all.
MVS didn't get alot of catches during the season but the ones he did get were big time and he definitely came up big last night. I was really hoping Skyy would progress significantly but he really hasn't but he is still young so I would give him the opportunities next season and not bring back JJSS.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:21 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It's pretty much a lock now that OBJ is going to get paid this offseason....and it'll be by the Chiefs. Whether it's the money he's looking for...that's up for debate.
Huh?

If it's not the money he's looking for he won't sign. OBJ wants Trent Williams or Bhaktari money. He's not gonna take a pay cut and he's not moving to RT. In fact if we win the super bowl, he's probably gonna want to reset the market.

Does anyone still want him under that condition....?
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 01-30-2023
The CP mantra for YEARS has been "gotta draft well, gotta win with the draft etc".

Well you just took a guy in the 2nd round to play WR who absolutely fits ideally into what you want to pay 20 mil a year for?
Nah.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
We have a top offense and a QB that’s the most valuable asset in the western hemisphere… I can’t see them letting both the tackles go in an offseason, and RT critically needs to be dealt with.

Brown might not be a top 5 tackle but he’s good enough for us to have a mn objectively great offense and the team has bigger fish to fry, like adding pass rushers and pass catchers in the draft.
Well, 2 years ago most of us were convinced they wouldn't replace the entire offensive line and then they basically did exactly that.

Don't underestimate Veach.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:24 PM 01-30-2023
Yeah, Kirk would be an ass kicker in this offense.
If Chark and JJSS cost the same, isn't the answer pretty obviously Chark?

And honestly, there's a pretty good chance he costs much less than JuJu.

I just struggle to come up with a scenario where retaining JuJu outweighs the opportunity cost in a dozen different alternate approaches.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:27 PM 01-30-2023
I'd take Kirk 100 times out of 100 over JJSS.

There's no way I'd give him Kirk's deal.
So would I.

I don't think that Kirk price tag is what it will cost us. That what another team could offer. I'm not breaking the bank for the guy, if he wants to cash out, then Godspeed. I think he'll take a discount, we'll see if I'm right.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:27 PM 01-30-2023
The CP mantra for YEARS has been "gotta draft well, gotta win with the draft etc".

Well you just took a guy in the 2nd round to play WR who absolutely fits ideally into what you want to pay 20 mil a year for?
Nah.
We aren’t paying any receiver $20 million lmao
[Reply]
Page 322 of 343
« First < 222272312318319320321322 323324325326332 > Last »
Up