View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 321 of 343
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:07 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
JJSS plays WR. There's a plethora of Wr's coming out and taken every season in the draft. Rounds 1-5 each year.

There's only so many guys on this earth that can play LT.
You don't wanna keep cycling WRs every year and Juju is young and fits this team. Our WR room already is very thin. Plus I actually believe he'll give us a hometown discount.

There's no way OBJ is signing for anything other than the very max of what he can make. He's gonna get his $$$$ from us, or from someone else
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:19 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
You don't wanna keep cycling WRs every year and Juju is young and fits this team. Our WR room already is very thin. Plus I actually believe he'll give us a hometown discount.

There's no way OBJ is signing for anything other than the very max of what he can make. He's gonna get his $$$$ from us, or from someone else
Before the playoffs I was of the mindset of cutting MVS and bringing back Juju. I've flipped now. Juju has shown practically zero in the last two games. I think MVS struggled early because him and Mahomes were off on their connection. They showed last night what it can look like when it's on.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:29 AM 01-30-2023
If you had told me Hendrickson would have zero sacks in this game, I'd have called you a madman.

OBJ did his job.
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 01-30-2023

What does JJSS do from a skillset wise standpoint, that you can't find or that you dont' already have on the roster?

I mean, he's been nonexistent in the playoffs.

Yeah, I don't like cycling WR's, but I just don't see the issue with replacing JJSS with what's already here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:34 AM 01-30-2023
Yeah, Juju can go piss up a rope. He's completely disappeared
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:39 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If you had told me Hendrickson would have zero sacks in this game, I'd have called you a madman.

OBJ did his job.
RB chipped all night
[Reply]
RunKC 11:38 AM 01-30-2023
Give the man props. He was good last night and this was a money play that he absolutely dominated Hendrickson. And it wasn’t holding :-)

This is not a hold… Get over yourself if you think it was because this gets called only in high school, but it’s not within the bounds of what is considered holding in the NFL because Browns’ hands were inside the framework of the DE’s cylinder, and the feet were not beat https://t.co/0MECBqEdzJ

— Joe Thomas (@joethomas73) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
mkp785 11:57 AM 01-30-2023
What does JJSS do from a skillset wise standpoint, that you can't find or that you dont' already have on the roster?

I mean, he's been nonexistent in the playoffs.

Yeah, I don't like cycling WR's, but I just don't see the issue with replacing JJSS with what's already here.
We have nothing here. Don't let 1 good game from MVS and 1 non-muff punt return from Skyy convince you otherwise.

We need vets in the locker room for WRs. Juju has been fine all year and as I said will give us a discount I think. We do that if we can AND draft another WR...and TE while we're at it as Kelce is getting older and we seem to like multi TE sets.

My point is that we need to increase what's in the WR room, not decrease it. Juju is a young WR (26) who picked up Andy's notoriously difficult scheme well and will do even better next year with more time in it. Some random rookie isn't gonna do any better as we won't be getting Quetin Johnson or Smith-Njigba in the draft. Trading for a vet like Hopkins is dumb and will waste money. Juju is fine for what he will likely cost.

Edit: I do like Toney, and think that might've been 1 of Veach's best moves honestly. Kid has a ton of potential, but he still isn't enough.
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 01-30-2023
We have nothing here. Don't let 1 good game from MVS and 1 non-muff punt return from Skyy convince you otherwise.

We need vets in the locker room for WRs. Juju has been fine all year and as I said will give us a discount I think. We do that if we can AND draft another WR...and TE while we're at it as Kelce is getting older and we seem to like multi TE sets.

My point is that we need to increase what's in the WR room, not decrease it. Juju is a young WR (26) who picked up Andy's notoriously difficult scheme well and will do even better next year with more time in it. Some random rookie isn't gonna do any better as we won't be getting Quetin Johnson or Smith-Njigba in the draft. Trading for a vet like Hopkins is dumb and will waste money. Juju is fine for what he will likely cost.
You took Skyy Moore in the 2nd round. It's time to shit or get off the pot there, he needs to step in and do what JJSS does.

I'm not paying JJSS 20 mil a year. No thanks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 01-30-2023
"We have nothing here"

JJSS doesn't change that. He's completely fungible.

The guy didn't keep taking one-year deals to reposition himself in the market so he could take a discount at 26 years old. He's going to require as much from us as he would anyone else.

And we shouldn't be the ones to pay it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:07 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
RB chipped all night
From what I can see the RBs chipped 8-10 times last night. We had, what, 50 pass rush snaps last night?

And as I've said in the Clark wars going back 4 years now - who cares about a damn chip? They're a matter of course for decent pass-rushers. Us chipping Hendrickson isn't any sort of indictment on Brown, it's just smart football. Nor is a chip something so devastating that it takes the OL off the hook; he still has to do a good job, even with a chip.

A guy getting chipped isn't an excuse for him to get taken out of a play any more than giving a guy a chip is some justification for writing off his effort in actually completing his blocks.

OBJ played a strong game under tough circumstances against high end competition when his team needed him most.

I'm not sure what's so damn difficult to accept about that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:09 PM 01-30-2023
It's pretty much a lock now that OBJ is going to get paid this offseason....and it'll be by the Chiefs. Whether it's the money he's looking for...that's up for debate.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:12 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Before the playoffs I was of the mindset of cutting MVS and bringing back Juju. I've flipped now. Juju has shown practically zero in the last two games. I think MVS struggled early because him and Mahomes were off on their connection. They showed last night what it can look like when it's on.
yep
[Reply]
Mecca 12:13 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It's pretty much a lock now that OBJ is going to get paid this offseason....and it'll be by the Chiefs. Whether it's the money he's looking for...that's up for debate.
I think they've wanted to keep him all along, it's always been an issue because having to replace a starting DE LT and add things like a WR in the same year is very very hard to do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:15 PM 01-30-2023
You took Skyy Moore in the 2nd round. It's time to shit or get off the pot there, he needs to step in and do what JJSS does.

I'm not paying JJSS 20 mil a year. No thanks.
89 offensive snaps in the post-season and he has 3 catches for 36 yards. Going back to the Seattle game where we needed every win to gain/hold that 1 seed, the guy's had 10 receptions for 120 yards over 5 games.

So down the stretch he's been good for 2 catches and 25 yards/gm. And sure, maybe he's been dinged up in that span, but that's ALSO been a hallmark of his career.

He just doesn't bring much to the table. We've got folks wanting to cut MVS to save $7 million on the cap while simultaneously arguing in favor of bringing back JJSS at probably 250% of that figure.

Just...why? I don't get it at all.
[Reply]
Page 321 of 343
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331 > Last »
Up