ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 321 of 333
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:49 PM 12-05-2023
Royals get #6
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:50 PM 12-05-2023
Fucking Cleveland got the first pick
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:51 PM 12-05-2023
Royals just got fucked HARD (as did the A’s)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:54 PM 12-05-2023
So, another bust like Cross or Mitchell coming in the 1st?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:54 PM 12-05-2023
Wow.

I was disappointed to land at 7. But I wasn't "Expected to be at #1 overall and landed at #6" disappointed...

Damn - y'all got ratfucked on that one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:57 PM 12-05-2023
I'll say this, though - I'm glad Oakland got hosed a little.

Cleveland is a deserving #1 (and really, KC would've been). Neither team openly tried to suck. Cleveland just never could get its offense straight and its pitching kept breaking down. Kansas City just didn't have the talent but I don't feel like it was for lack of trying.

Oakland openly tanked. They went full Rachel Phelps. Fuck those guys.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:59 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So, another bust like Cross or Mitchell coming in the 1st?
Likely.

Too far out of range for a ‘can’t miss’ prospect, although I’m not sure there are actually any of those in this draft.

We seem to do pretty well when we draft in the Top 3. Not so much after that.

Still can’t believe neither the A’s or the Royals landed in the Top 3. You realize what the odds were for that NOT to happen?

Just crazy bad fucking luck. Unreal. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:00 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Likely.

Too far out of range for a ‘can’t miss’ prospect, although I’m not sure there are actually any of those in this draft.

We seem to do pretty well when we draft in the Top 3. Not so much after that.

Still can’t believe neither the A’s or the Royals landed in the Top 3. You realize what the odds were for that NOT to happen?

Just crazy bad fucking luck. Unreal. :-)
Yeah, this isn't last year's draft.

The top of the draft isn't as elite and I don't think you have a really steep fall-off after 5 either.

It's a fairly linear draft; the picks don't fall off greatly at any point that I can see. There should be good talent at 6.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:05 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll say this, though - I'm glad Oakland got hosed a little.

Cleveland is a deserving #1 (and really, KC would've been). Neither team openly tried to suck. Cleveland just never could get its offense straight and its pitching kept breaking down. Kansas City just didn't have the talent but I don't feel like it was for lack of trying.

Oakland openly tanked. They went full Rachel Phelps. **** those guys.
Royals went full on young but still had close to a 100 million payroll - granted that is Salvador Perez and Greinke mainly but still it's not like they went to full on Rachel Phelps mode.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:06 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, this isn't last year's draft.

The top of the draft isn't as elite and I don't think you have a really steep fall-off after 5 either.

It's a fairly linear draft; the picks don't fall off greatly at any point that I can see. There should be good talent at 6.
I agree for the most part.

The problem, generally, is the Royals scouting can’t identify it. They have a hard time separating the wheat from the chaff.

But at least I don’t have to worry about them missing on a generational prospect this year, so there’s that . . . . .
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:07 PM 12-05-2023
I believe I saw something about the Royals not being eligible for the lottery picks next year since they picked in the lottery the past 2 years, is that correct?
[Reply]
poolboy 05:10 PM 12-05-2023
no more first round pitching...Lets get some bats and speed out of this mug
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:12 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I believe I saw something about the Royals not being eligible for the lottery picks next year since they picked in the lottery the past 2 years, is that correct?
Not sure, but if that’s the case then we get fucked again.

We get ‘rewarded’ from the lottery with the #8 and #6 pick two years in a row and then have to sit the next lottery out?

Fuck that. What a crock of shit baseball has become. On a mission to take away nearly every advantage small market teams could once exploit.

Wanna make sure we keep things equal for the Dodgers, Mets, Yankees, etc.
[Reply]
poolboy 12-05-2023, 05:13 PM
This message has been deleted by poolboy. Reason: wrong quote
ChiefsCountry 05:16 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Not sure, but if that’s the case then we get ****ed again.

We get ‘rewarded’ from the lottery with the #8 and #6 pick two years in a row and then have to sit the next lottery out?

**** that. What a crock of shit baseball has become. On a mission to take away nearly every advantage small market teams could once exploit.

Wanna make sure we keep things equal for the Dodgers, Mets, Yankees, etc.
No you have to a selection in the top 6 for two straight years. Royals didn't last year. They will be eligible for the lottery in 2025. But if they get that, they won't be in 2026. See Pirates this year.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:19 PM 12-05-2023
This is so dumb the lotteries are always rigged. It doesn't matter anyway we can't draft for shit and we won't spend money
[Reply]
Page 321 of 333
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331 > Last »
Up