ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 320 of 352
« First < 220270310316317318319320 321322323324330 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:24 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's apparently supposed to happen? :-)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-manufacturer

Or maybe the floorboards are just another way the NCAA keeps games close.

There's chatter about how both teams struggled from that end of the court, so now a few Kansas fans are also blaming the missed layups on a fault court.
That’s not causing a missed layup. Many of those the dudes were stopped.

That was just our guys choking.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:26 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don’t know that I’ve seen one do that. The other panels he steps on don’t do that. We can argue that it wasn’t enough to cause the injury, but I don’t think they are “supposed to” do that.

Real question is why didn’t they tape it better than that? I’ve had ankles tape that I couldn’t roll on a push off like that. I know I’m no Bacot, but that seems like a soft tape job. I had a student do it once and she didn’t do it quite as tight and I rolled it but I came down on someone’s foot.

Maybe Bacot wanted it that way so it didn’t limit his mobility as much.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:26 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah they’re on their knees right now. Broken. Knowing that all of the nba ready recruits in the world don’t do you any good if your coach can’t actually coach.

Man this has been a fun tourney
Seeing Calipari's inability to scheme even passable offense against St. Peter's was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in NCAA. Must have been a real awakening for those fans.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:27 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don’t know that I’ve seen one do that. The other panels he steps on don’t do that. We can argue that it wasn’t enough to cause the injury, but I don’t think they are “supposed to” do that.
I wouldn't know. Don't think I've ever stepped foot on a college basketball court's floor other than at AFH.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:28 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's apparently supposed to happen? :-)

Or maybe the floorboards are just another way the NCAA keeps games close.

There's chatter about how both teams struggled from that end of the court, so now a few Kansas fans are also blaming the missed layups on a fault court.

Company that manufactured the court itself says that's normal. Of course, the company that manufactured the court would probably say it was normal regardless of what happened.

I did read Gottlieb saying it was normal too, though, and he'd probably be in a position to know.
Then I really haven't been paying attention because I'm not sure I've ever seen a floor "give" like that. I know a little bit of give is normal, but I guess I haven't really paid attention to it before seeing that video. I guess my question would be then why don't you see the same give when he steps prior to the injury?
[Reply]
kepp 10:28 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Nah, that deflection of the floor wasn't enough to cause what happened.

Bacot had already injured it in the last game, and it just gave out.
I imagine the movement would have been fine on a healthy ankle, but the tiny bit of lateral movement probably tweaked an already weak one. Either way, all floors will flex some.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:29 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Then I really haven't been paying attention because I'm not sure I've ever seen a floor "give" like that. I know a little bit of give is normal, but I guess I haven't really paid attention to it before seeing that video. I guess my question would be then why don't you see the same give when he steps prior to the injury?
Have no answer for that.
[Reply]
ping2000 10:30 AM 04-06-2022
Gottlieb is right. He is a complete dickface, but he is right.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:30 AM 04-06-2022
Seeing Calipari's inability to scheme even passable offense against St. Peter's was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in NCAA. Must have been a real awakening for those fans.
Yeah it was amazing. I always knew he got by on recruiting almost exclusively but it was glaringly obvious that game
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:32 AM 04-06-2022
I wouldn't know. Don't think I've ever stepped foot on a college basketball court's floor other than at AFH.
I’m sure it wasn’t built the same but I’ve even played on an elevated floor in the shitty ass bicentennial center in Salina Kansas and it didn’t move like that.

There is some natural flex with the offset boards, but no floor I’ve ever been on, even a mobile elevated one had behaved like that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:36 AM 04-06-2022
Fuck Puke and Fuck K, but there is a wide ass gulf between the Xs and Os (not to mention execution) between guys like K, Self, Wright and probably Izzo, versus guys like Roy and Cal.

There was some of that going around. I was absolutely appalled when Puke threw a zone at Tech, they had no fucking clue what to do. I’m a hayseed shitheel but I would have at least flashed to the center or short corner. They just fucking STOOD THERE. I was perplexed.
[Reply]
kepp 10:39 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
His foot applied much more force on that last step than the previous. And that force also had a more lateral vector.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:43 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah they’re on their knees right now. Broken. Knowing that all of the nba ready recruits in the world don’t do you any good if your coach can’t actually coach.

Man this has been a fun tourney
Now that they lost the wins lead, they’re on their knees begging the NCAA to vacate the 30 wins DeSousa appeared in. Since he was ineligible.

They seem to be unaware the NCAA cleared DeSousa with the knowledge his uncle was paid by Adidas. Maybe they will say “We have looked into our decision again and we goofed.” :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:43 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by kepp:
His foot applied much more force on that last step than the previous. And that force also had a more lateral vector.
Fair enough.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:49 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Now that they lost the wins lead, they’re on their knees begging the NCAA to vacate the 30 wins DeSousa appeared in. Since he was ineligible.

They seem to be unaware the NCAA cleared DeSousa with the knowledge his uncle was paid by Adidas. Maybe they will say “We have looked into our decision again and we goofed.” :-)
:-)

I saw some of that. Pathetic stuff. They’re ready for another 9 win Cal special and know they’re never getting it back
[Reply]
Page 320 of 352
« First < 220270310316317318319320 321322323324330 > Last »
Up