ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 258
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
O.city 09:35 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Absolutely.

They're not gonna win 3 or 4 with him or anything because we've seen in their playoff runs that their path to victory is so narrow that it doesn't take much to take it off the rails.

But Baltimore would be one of maybe 5-6 teams in any given year that I think would have a legitimate shot at a championship? Obviously there's KC. I think Cincy and Buffalo still have open windows, though Buffalo's window is closing. The Eagles and maybe the 49ers out of the NFC?

I mean it's just not a long list of teams who can enter the season with legitimate SB aspirations. And every year 1 team jumps up while another falls off.

I think for 3-4 more seasons the Ravens, if they retain Jackson, could genuinely enter the season setting a SB appearance as a makeable goal.
I know the Dak hate runs strong here, but I think the Cowboys are right there with those other 2 in the NFC simply because the 9ers dont' have a QB and the Eagles....man I just don't know it that sustains itself.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:35 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mmmmm.....$11 million in dead cap money next year. That's gonna be nice. Oh, and Williams will be 30 as well with another $12.7 in dead cap.

I do enjoy the prospect of the Chargers either starting two 30+ WRs with injury histories in 2024 OR eating $23 million or so in dead cap money.

Tasty stuff.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:37 AM 03-09-2023
Mmmmm.....$11 million in dead cap money next year. That's gonna be nice. Oh, and Williams will be 30 as well with another $12.7 in dead cap.

I do enjoy the prospect of the Chargers either starting two 30+ WRs with injury histories in 2024 OR eating $23 million or so in dead cap money.

Tasty stuff.
It's weird how their moves say they think they have a SB team when they never even win playoff games.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 03-09-2023

Tasty stuff.
I just don't get....why would they do that? Pull the bandaid off on Allen this year seems like the easy move right?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:37 AM 03-09-2023
I just don't get....why would they do that? Pull the bandaid off on Allen this year seems like the easy move right?
Their moves say they think they're right there even though nothing on the field ever says that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 03-09-2023
All this says is that they desperately want to win a championship before they have to pay Herbert. It's not going to happen but it's a nice thought.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:41 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's weird how their moves say they think they have a SB team when they never even win playoff games.
Their coach sucks ass.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Their coach sucks ass.
Between their all-in moves last year, and retaining Staley after it blew up in their face, they've pretty much closed their own window.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:57 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Just saw that the Cards are willing and wanting to trade down....

What are your thoughts on trading Jones to them in a package that gets us Jalen Carter at #3 plus Hopkins?

Something like this:

Cards get:
Chris Jones
2024 1st
MVS

Chiefs get:
#3 overall
Hopkins

Is Jones+2 1st rounders enough? Maybe have to add a 2nd?

Just thinking that the Cards need picks plus have a major need on the DL. They could draft Carter but they know that they would be getting the best DT in the league with Chris Jones. Carter hasn't stepped onto the field.

Veach does this to get Pat a weapon like Hopkins but more so to get a prospect like Jalen Carter that should go #1 overall if it wasn't for some off the field issues. Carter has the ceiling to produce like Jones but who really knows. Veach also gains that cheap rookie contract instead of paying Jones some $30M a year!!!

Would be a HUGE move for both teams
This trade is really bad, dude. I'm sorry.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:58 AM 03-09-2023
The Chargers GM was pretty upfront he didn't wanna cut Allen at the combine.
Probably didn’t want to see him come to KC and beat them otw to another ring.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:00 AM 03-09-2023
I actually think you CAN win a championship with Lamar Jackson.

But the lane is damn narrow and the kind of team you have to build is pretty specifically tailored to him. You'll need a top 5 TE, a strong running game, a powerful OL and a defense that at the very least starts strong.

Because in any given game, he's a nasty matchup. And yeah, I think he very easily could have a year where things just fall right and he at least makes a SB.

That's not the case with Daniel Jones.
I think he could win a championship in SF. Rat Jr would run him into the ground. But he’s get him as close to a title as anyone could I think.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:03 AM 03-09-2023
Sorry, but I don't see a SB team until Sherbert proves he's more than a QB that throws a pretty ball.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:07 AM 03-09-2023
I know the Dak hate runs strong here, but I think the Cowboys are right there with those other 2 in the NFC simply because the 9ers dont' have a QB and the Eagles....man I just don't know it that sustains itself.
The Cowboys are the NFC version of the Chargers. Loads of talent with a QB who puts up good numbers in the regular season and then folds in the playoffs. Both teams will be held back by those QBs despite everyone else getting the blame for their underperformance.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:08 AM 03-09-2023
What are our thoughts on Kaleb McGary?

Didn’t realize he was a FA until just now. He hasn’t been mentioned much.. was considered a bust up until this last year where he was one of the best RT in the league
[Reply]
staylor26 10:10 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
What are our thoughts on Kaleb McGary?

Didn’t realize he was a FA until just now. He hasn’t been mentioned much.. was considered a bust up until this last year where he was one of the best RT in the league
From what I understand, he's a great run blocker, but still struggles pass blocking. Not sure that he's a fit.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 258
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up