Page 32 of 54
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:36 AM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Can we now agree that Reva is a pretty damn good character?

Her actions and performance now line up completely with her motivations.
I would disagree with this, it was supposed to be a plot twist that she was actually going after Vader, but it was telegraphed from the very beginning. It's honestly probably not the actress's fault, but the entire character was handled poorly IMO.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:54 AM 06-16-2022
oh man

YES

crossing my fingers for a KC showing

https://www.cineplex.com/movie/obiwa...-season-and-qa
I used to live right around where they're having that Q&A at that theatre in Toronto. I'm sure it sold out in a minute.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:07 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I would disagree with this, it was supposed to be a plot twist that she was actually going after Vader, but it was telegraphed from the very beginning. It's honestly probably not the actress's fault, but the entire character was handled poorly IMO.

Spoiler!
It's already been blown wide open by the Holdo maneuver. At the very least in at least one of those situations Vader let them go with an ulterior motives in mind. If you REALLY need something to explain it away Vader is probably at or near his strongest point in the dark side during that moment due to his hatred of Obi Wan. Got fatigued once and couldn't do it again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!
For lack of a better term, his mana was depleted.

Force users aren't at 100% power all day every day.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:25 PM 06-16-2022
pretty much :-)

Yes absolutely! And that fight was the perfect indication of just how *boring* he finds all of these things without a challenge.

— Chris Kempshall (@ChrisKempshall) June 16, 2022

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:23 PM 06-16-2022
pretty much :-)

Anakin was always a flawed Jedi. The whole time before the turn to the dark side.

I know it’s a 30 year old question…… Did Obi-Wan really fail him? Would the great Yoda have been able to keep him from the dark side? From what we know of who he truly is, reinforced in this series, he was and is who he was always meant to be despite any intervention or training.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:29 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Anakin was always a flawed Jedi. The whole time before the turn to the dark side.

I know it’s a 30 year old question…… Did Obi-Wan really fail him? Would the great Yoda have been able to keep him from the dark side? From what we know of who he truly is, reinforced in this series, he was and is who he was always meant to be despite any intervention or training.
I don't know how much more Obi-Wan specifically could have done, but the prequels do a pretty good job of showing that the Jedi were stubborn and blind to what was right in front of them (Anakin's turn included).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:35 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't know how much more Obi-Wan specifically could have done, but the prequels do a pretty good job of showing that the Jedi were stubborn and blind to what was right in front of them (Anakin's turn included).
Sure, they should have seen it coming but they couldn’t have stopped it. It’s the baby hitler argument. The only way you stop Anakin from becoming Vadar is to kill him before he becomes Vadar.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 04:43 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's already been blown wide open by the Holdo maneuver. At the very least in at least one of those situations Vader let them go with an ulterior motives in mind. If you REALLY need something to explain it away Vader is probably at or near his strongest point in the dark side during that moment due to his hatred of Obi Wan. Got fatigued once and couldn't do it again.
No in neither case was he letting them go. The only time he let them go was in ANH when they left the death star as a way to find the rebel base. When he was chasing Leia, he continued chasing her & took her ship moments later. On Hoth he was so desperate to catch them he chased them into an asteroid field.

And I would prefer I not have to use a silly justification like "he's only strong enough to do it because of his hatred for Obi Wan" I'd prefer they just quit putting it into plots. It didn't really add anything IMO & quite frankly felt to me like something they felt they had to do in order to establish that Rey wasn't more powerful than Vader.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:43 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That was my thought as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 PM 06-16-2022

Ewan McGregor says he gets sent 'a lot' of homoerotic fan art of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker

"I don't know how it finds me ... You open the envelope, you think you're going to have to sign something, and you're like, 'Fucking hell!'" ��

(via @GQMagazine) pic.twitter.com/x5SKRv8dnv

— Culture Crave �� (@CultureCrave) June 16, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 PM 06-16-2022
Yikes.

This episode was bad. And the clearest demonstration yet of how much better the production values have been for The Mandalorian.

The graphics looked like bad SciFi Channel stuff, Christiansen looked 15 years older than he did last time we saw him. 3rd sisters ‘dramatic moment’…cringe. And folks - that’s a bad actress. Sorry Disney. I know it chaps your ass but she’s awful.

That was just real real bad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 PM 06-16-2022
“THEY CAN HOLE UP THERE FOR WEEKS!!!”

— defenses destroyed in 3 minutes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yikes.

This episode was bad. And the clearest demonstration yet of how much better the production values have been for The Mandalorian.

The graphics looked like bad SciFi Channel stuff, Christiansen looked 15 years older than he did last time we saw him. 3rd sisters ‘dramatic moment’…cringe. And folks - that’s a bad actress. Sorry Disney. I know it chaps your ass but she’s awful.

That was just real real bad.
:-)

There are times when opinions can be both true and false.

THIS ONE IS FALSE.

Highest rated episode of the season by a landslide.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:12 PM 06-16-2022
:-)

There are times when opinions can be both true and false.

THIS ONE IS FALSE.

Highest rated episode of the season by a landslide.

Haters gonna hate. Everyone I know loved the episode.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 54
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up