ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 112
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:30 PM 10-12-2021
We waived Fountain, never used him, and released Tim Ward.

That's a noticable minus for Veach. Could have been worse had Gore been claimed. I of course believe in Veach but I'm fair. Nobody is without flaw.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:35 PM 10-12-2021
19 isn't the problem, there's an argument over Clark but yea.

We have more of a problem by literally not turning over enough of the roster. We have to many special teams only guys for one..

For 2 the only difference in the Chiefs defense today and in 19 is it's older.

There hasn't been enough change so all they've done is get worse.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:42 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Pretty sad when Red Dawg can have a more nuanced discussion than you como…
Look, I appreciate what Clark did during that run. He played well for three days. He helped us win. I still think we would've won without him, but he undoubtedly played a role.

My main thing is that I am deeply concerned about the direction of this franchise. We have the QB in place. I'm not sure where we stand on the coach long term and I don't think we have the answer at GM right now.

So major question marks at two crucial spots.

Reid is in declining health, he won't be here much longer and frankly I'm beginning to wonder how much gas he has left anyway. A succession plan needs to be formulating in Clark's mind.

As far as the GM, Brett Veach ain't it guys. I'm embellishing a bit but I honestly think the guy is a turd.

He whiffed on Frank Clark and gave him a fuck ton of money, he whiffed on the entire 2018 draft. He whiffed on the entire 2019 draft. Sneed looked promising last year but seems to have regressed this season. Besides that, 2020 looks like a bust. 21 has some good pieces in Creed and Trey Smith, and Bolton isn't bad but the jury is still out in the long run.

He dumped a bunch of money into the defense and it's the worst in the league, he's failed to replace Kareem Hunt, he's failed to provide Mahomes with viable weapons outside of Hill and Kelce and he's had 3 years to do it.

At best the team has stagnated under his watch, but now the backward slide looks like it's beginning and we're an injury from Hill or Kelce away from it getting REAL ugly.

This team has very little talent outside of the superstars John Dorsey drafted. Those guys will only be able to carry us for so long. When they can't anymore, then what? Veach hasn't been able to infuse any significant talent into this team on his own. There's no one waiting in the wings. The cupboard is startlingly bare.

And that's my biggest issue with Veach. Anyone can find a Mike Pennel, or a Bashaud Breeland. Small moves to supplement a team. But Veach hasn't added IMPACT players to this team. Mathieu has been good, but besides that, we haven't added an elite player to this roster since Veach took over. And you need those guys to win big in this league.

You can hate John Dorsey all you want, but he added Kelce, Hill, Mahomes, Jones, Schwartz, Hunt and Peters in 5 years. 7 elite players. And 6 of those were drafted. Two were first round picks and none of them were higher than 10th overall. So I don't want to hear any excuses about where Veach has been picking.

The way Veach is handling the draft and this roster is not sustainable, it WILL catch up to us, and it's going to be what ends up wasting Mahomes' prime which is an absolute shame.

We've all been willing to put our heads in the sand while we've been winning big on the back of Dorsey's players. We've tricked ourselves in believing that Mahomes doesn't need anyone else and can do it all on his own.

But he needs help and Veach simply isn't giving him enough. I know no one wants to hear it, but don't say I didn't warn you.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 PM 10-12-2021
I know you think that long post somehow contains more nuance due to it’s length, but it’s just as retarded as your other takes in this thread.

You’re an idiot.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:01 PM 10-12-2021
I know you think that long post somehow contains more nuance due to it’s length, but it’s just as retarded as your other takes in this thread.

You’re an idiot.
Keep riding Veach all the way to the bottom. I'm not gonna stop you.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:04 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Keep riding Veach all the way to the bottom. I'm not gonna stop you.
I don’t feel as strongly as I did when I made this thread, but I also have no doubt Veach is a good young GM that is getting better and better every year (particularly in the draft).

Keep sucking Dorsey’s dick though.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:29 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Look, I appreciate what Clark did during that run. He played well for three days. He helped us win. I still think we would've won without him, but he undoubtedly played a role.

My main thing is that I am deeply concerned about the direction of this franchise. We have the QB in place. I'm not sure where we stand on the coach long term and I don't think we have the answer at GM right now.

So major question marks at two crucial spots.

Reid is in declining health, he won't be here much longer and frankly I'm beginning to wonder how much gas he has left anyway. A succession plan needs to be formulating in Clark's mind.

As far as the GM, Brett Veach ain't it guys. I'm embellishing a bit but I honestly think the guy is a turd.

He whiffed on Frank Clark and gave him a **** ton of money, he whiffed on the entire 2018 draft. He whiffed on the entire 2019 draft. Sneed looked promising last year but seems to have regressed this season. Besides that, 2020 looks like a bust. 21 has some good pieces in Creed and Trey Smith, and Bolton isn't bad but the jury is still out in the long run.

He dumped a bunch of money into the defense and it's the worst in the league, he's failed to replace Kareem Hunt, he's failed to provide Mahomes with viable weapons outside of Hill and Kelce and he's had 3 years to do it.

At best the team has stagnated under his watch, but now the backward slide looks like it's beginning and we're an injury from Hill or Kelce away from it getting REAL ugly.

This team has very little talent outside of the superstars John Dorsey drafted. Those guys will only be able to carry us for so long. When they can't anymore, then what? Veach hasn't been able to infuse any significant talent into this team on his own. There's no one waiting in the wings. The cupboard is startlingly bare.

And that's my biggest issue with Veach. Anyone can find a Mike Pennel, or a Bashaud Breeland. Small moves to supplement a team. But Veach hasn't added IMPACT players to this team. Mathieu has been good, but besides that, we haven't added an elite player to this roster since Veach took over. And you need those guys to win big in this league.

You can hate John Dorsey all you want, but he added Kelce, Hill, Mahomes, Jones, Schwartz, Hunt and Peters in 5 years. 7 elite players. And 6 of those were drafted. Two were first round picks and none of them were higher than 10th overall. So I don't want to hear any excuses about where Veach has been picking.

The way Veach is handling the draft and this roster is not sustainable, it WILL catch up to us, and it's going to be what ends up wasting Mahomes' prime which is an absolute shame.

We've all been willing to put our heads in the sand while we've been winning big on the back of Dorsey's players. We've tricked ourselves in believing that Mahomes doesn't need anyone else and can do it all on his own.

But he needs help and Veach simply isn't giving him enough. I know no one wants to hear it, but don't say I didn't warn you.
He didn't just add a few pieces to the defense. He turned Suttons worst in the league 3-4 into a legit super bowl 4-3 defense in one offseason. Even if guys like Clark, Hitchens, Fuller, Pennel, Wilson, okafor, breeland had short lived successes here, they were instrumental to winning a super bowl. They were a legitimately excellent defense in our super bowl postseason run and veach is primarily responsible. And our defense last season was a big part of our super bowl run too.

It's hard to call guys like Clark a bust when it's hard to imagine winning a super bowl without them.

But it came at a price. We mortgaged lots of picks and dollars. Next year he gets to wipe much of that slate clean. He deserves the space to transition into a new era.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:47 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He didn't just add a few pieces to the defense. He turned Suttons worst in the league 3-4 into a legit super bowl 4-3 defense in one offseason. Even if guys like Clark, Hitchens, Fuller, Pennel, Wilson, okafor, breeland had short lived successes here, they were instrumental to winning a super bowl. They were a legitimately excellent defense in our super bowl postseason run and veach is primarily responsible. And our defense last season was a big part of our super bowl run too.

It's hard to call guys like Clark a bust when it's hard to imagine winning a super bowl without them.

But it came at a price. We mortgaged lots of picks and dollars. Next year he gets to wipe much of that slate clean. He deserves the space to transition into a new era.
I'm not sure how much of a clean slate it's going to be. Mahomes, Tyreek, and Kelce are all going to have higher cap hits in the future. Much higher than right now in the case of Mahomes. It seems like a lot of the "bad" money on guys like Clark/Hitchens is just going to shift to the Big Three (Mahomes in particular).

It's pretty obvious that Veach is very aggressive and he gave a strong effort to fix the OL during this past offseason. I hope he can do something similar with the defense, WR corps, RB corps. So far there have been a lot of busts in those areas lately. He has his work cut out for him. I hope he can have major success fixing these issues.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:52 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I'm not sure how much of a clean slate it's going to be. Mahomes, Tyreek, and Kelce are all going to have higher cap hits in the future. Much higher than right now in the case of Mahomes. It seems like a lot of the "bad" money on guys like Clark/Hitchens is just going to shift to the Big Three (Mahomes in particular).

It's pretty obvious that Veach is very aggressive and he gave a strong effort to fix the OL during this past offseason. I hope he can do something similar with the defense, WR corps, RB corps. So far there have been a lot of busts in those areas lately. He has his work cut out for him. I hope he can have major success fixing these issues.
1. The cap is going to explode at some point.

2. Veach was trying to make the most out of having Pat on a rookie deal. I wouldn’t expect this team to have 1 1st round pick over the next 4-5 years like they did the last 4. It will be a completely different plan for the next 5 years. They will build this team through the draft.

3. Absolutely attacking the OL this offseason obviously hurt our WR group and defense, but with that set for the foreseeable future, they can now focus on WR and defense.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:53 PM 10-12-2021
That first round pick can't be Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:56 PM 10-12-2021
Hopefully it's a pass rushing defensive end. Alot of things will fall into place once theres production from that position
[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That first round pick can't be Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
Umm I’m pretty sure they aren’t drafting a RB in the 1st any time soon.

That was also coming off a SB win with almost the entire team returning. We can argue whether they should’ve made that luxury pick, but that’s completely different than what we will be looking at the next couple of years.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:59 PM 10-12-2021
I don’t feel as strongly as I did when I made this thread, but I also have no doubt Veach is a good young GM that is getting better and better every year (particularly in the draft).

Keep sucking Dorsey’s dick though.
You are arguing with a guy who's avatar is a picture of Wolverine looking at Dorsey, a GM that has been fired by not one, but two franchises and currently can't get a GM job. There's an old saying about arguing with fools.

In regards to Veach, he isn't perfect but he has done a fairly good job so far. He has missed on picks as all GMs do. What I think is fascinating and overlooked in the Clark situation is how he was signed to a five year deal that is more like a three year deal. If Clark performed like Veach hoped he would, we get five great years out of him. If he doesn't then we cut bait after three with almost no financial impact. No one (outside armchair GMs with the benefit of hindsight) could have predicted Clark would fall this far this fast. He's at an age where he should be hitting his prime.

It's funny to me that Veach's haters talk about he sucks drafting with high picks and then wig out when he trades those picks away. I guess it's just easier to look dreamily at a former GM who was fired twice. At least the Ballard drums have been silenced given how bad Indy is this year. I genuinely wonder who his haters would prefer outside of the twice fired Dorsey.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:04 PM 10-12-2021
Umm I’m pretty sure they aren’t drafting a RB in the 1st any time soon.

That was also coming off a SB win with almost the entire team returning. We can argue whether they should’ve made that luxury pick, but that’s completely different than what we will be looking at the next couple of years.
Blowing a first round RB pick is just insane though. Had they taken Higgins or Shenault that's wat more defensible.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:06 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Blowing a first round RB pick is just insane though. Had they taken Higgins or Shenault that's wat more defensible.
Nobody was bitching about the pick at the time. If CEH played like he did that first game against the Texans we wouldnt even be discussing this.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 112
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up