« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
WhamBlock 02:05 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have plenty of football knowledge.
There's literally zero proof of this anywhere on this forum.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:05 PM 01-15-2019
Am I suppose to be jazzed about a defense that on the road is like the worst in the league?

They also really don't get much pressure, so is their gameplan to pray that Mahomes just fucks up like in the first game? Odds are that won't happen again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:06 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by WhamBlock:
You will see it a lot more often on Sunday in obvious passing situations. This takes an incredible amount of communication to pull off successfully - and indeed, when we use the amoeba front, you will see all of our defenders communicating with one another - and it's why we saw it more and more as the season went on. The Patriots are known for building their playbook throughout the season and constantly adding to it.
:-)

This is getting almost comical. No team in the NFL communicates on the field. No team in the NFL builds on their playbook and adds to it during the season.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:06 PM 01-15-2019
There's literally zero proof of this anywhere on this forum.
You didn't look then. Either that, or you can't read. :-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:06 PM 01-15-2019
WhamBlock/LGOLED is wicked smaaaht you guys
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:07 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Am I suppose to be jazzed about a defense that on the road is like the worst in the league?

They also really don't get much pressure, so is their gameplan to pray that Mahomes just fucks up like in the first game? Odds are that won't happen again.
No, they're going to run a paramecium or flagellate or something on obvious passing plays. LOL
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 02:07 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:

I think we're supposed to shit ourselves with fear because Tom has a chip on his shoulder or something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
I think we're supposed to shit ourselves with fear because Tom has a chip on his shoulder or something.
Exactly.

Bow down, peasant! The gods of football are here!
[Reply]
Mecca 02:09 PM 01-15-2019
Like this cold weather shit, shouldn't Pats fan be concerned? An old noodle arm isn't gonna like super cold weather.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 02:10 PM 01-15-2019
Finally an intelligent post.

I agree that the Chiefs aren't reliant on RBs catching passes, but the reason it will be important for us to limit that aspect is because it has been our weakness in the past. Although we've had some good performances in that respect this season. Our secondary is a very strong unit, so as long as we can minimize the damage against our LBs in coverage, that will be key.
NE is going to do the same thing they did the first time they played at Gilette earlier int he season. Every time the Chiefs went empty, they checked and blitzed six. They just did the same thing against SD. That tells us that they are not comfortable with the secondary in coverage. If NE doesn't blitz, it won't be pretty. They do not have a four man rush. I haven't heard that term 'amoeba' defense in about 10 years lol. You want to walk 5-6 guys around the line of scrimmage to try to fool the pass protection, be my guest.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:11 PM 01-15-2019
10 times used all game, which was our highest usage of this defense this season.

Thanks for actually doing some research and supporting my earlier claim. I'm proud of you.
The ravens run it better than anyone. Mahomes was frustrated at times but he was more successful than most qbs against it. Seahawks do it too. So mahomes and Reid have both seen it and I'm sure are addressing it. But even if mahomes misreads it, he's lethal at reading and reacting to things post snap, and improvising out of it. It's a factor. Maybe it impacts a few plays. But it's not some front that worries me as game changing.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:11 PM 01-15-2019
You will see it a lot more often on Sunday in obvious passing situations. This takes an incredible amount of communication to pull off successfully - and indeed, when we use the amoeba front, you will see all of our defenders communicating with one another - and it's why we saw it more and more as the season went on. Communication on the field tends to improve (for every team) the more they play and gel. The Patriots are known for building their playbook throughout the season and constantly adding to it.
Hey moron run any scheme you want you guys don't have the speed on defense to stop us
[Reply]
bobbything 02:11 PM 01-15-2019
You will see it a lot more often on Sunday in obvious passing situations. This takes an incredible amount of communication to pull off successfully - and indeed, when we use the amoeba front, you will see all of our defenders communicating with one another - and it's why we saw it more and more as the season went on. Communication on the field tends to improve (for every team) the more they play and gel. The Patriots are known for building their playbook throughout the season and constantly adding to it.
Okay (?)

Maybe I’m reading too much into this but, if I’m correct, you guys are going to buck your own trend and hold the third highest scoring offense of all time to the lowest output they have had all season (which would require you guys to hold said offense to fewer points than you give up on average), while simultaneously scoring at least 26 in a place where they average 17?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
NE is going to do the same thing they did the first time they played at Gilette earlier int he season. Every time the Chiefs went empty, they checked and blitzed six. They just did the same thing against SD. That tells us that they are not comfortable with the secondary in coverage. If NE doesn't blitz, it won't be pretty. They do not have a four man rush. I haven't heard that term 'amoeba' defense in about 10 years lol. You want to walk 5-6 guys around the line of scrimmage to try to fool the pass protection, be my guest.
In obvious passing situations, though. OBVIOUS.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:11 PM 01-15-2019
Translation for all you Chiefs' fans that aren't getting "amoeba" defense:

"amoeba" defense = Jesse Haynes

[Reply]
Page 32 of 142
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up