ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 57
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

DaneMcCloud 06:54 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well you haven't "CP Friend Requested" me, but you're the living embodiment of Neg rep that's funny to read because you're a unhinged nutcase
:-)

Bastard

htismaqe 06:54 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yes. He was arrested and fired because of the post on ChiefsPlanet. He's a pilot and threatened to crash his plane carrying Elizabeth Warren a day before he was scheduled to fly her.

We were contacted by the FBI about it and required to preserve records of the posts.
How the fuck did they even find out about it? :-)
htismaqe 06:54 PM 10-08-2020
And I know stories of JDPrez, but that predates me.
Yeah, we're not going there.
Shiver Me Timbers 06:55 PM 10-08-2020
Now I kind of feel bad about calling BS..................

Ok It has passed
Shiver Me Timbers 06:55 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Bastard

this needs its own thread in RR
DaFace 06:56 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How the fuck did they even find out about it? :-)
Couldn't tell you on that one. I think the most likely scenario is that someone reported him (not CP report). But we have no idea.
htismaqe 06:56 PM 10-08-2020
Couldn't tell you on that one. I think the most likely scenario is that someone reported him (not CP report). But we have no idea.
Yeah, that's crazy.
Bwana 06:56 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How the **** did they even find out about it? :-)

Someone in DC saw his post and called the feds I assume.
Coach 06:57 PM 10-08-2020
I think Skip called someone's employer back in the day. Can't remember the specifics. And I know stories of JDPrez, but that predates me.
That one (Re: JDPrez) I thought maybe was it, but I just couldn't recall it. I'm not sure if that's even in the timeline when I joined, but it's probably is, since I joined in 2004 and the Planet was only 4 years old at the time.

Vaguely recall the Skip situation though.
htismaqe 06:57 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Someone in DC saw his post and called the feds.
Yeah, insanity.
WhiteWhale 06:58 PM 10-08-2020
The answers you seek are a few posts up, grasshopper.
Indeed, I missed them mushed between the dane, pat, and glorydaze pissing contest.

That... would do it.
Coach 06:58 PM 10-08-2020
Someone in DC saw his post and called the feds I assume.
Yeah, that I'd bet on too as well.
Bwana 06:59 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Indeed, I missed them mushed between the dane, pat, and glorydaze pissing contest.

That... would do it.

You weren't the only one.
Easy 6 07:00 PM 10-08-2020
Yes. He was arrested and fired because of the post on ChiefsPlanet. He's a pilot and threatened to crash his plane carrying Elizabeth Warren a day before he was scheduled to fly her.

We were contacted by the FBI about it and required to preserve records of the posts.
Holy. Shit.

I remember that post not so long ago, had NO idea it devolved into that
Bwana 07:01 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, that I'd bet on too as well.

Well I mean, it's pretty easy math.
Page 32 of 57
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up