ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 39
« First < 222829303132 33343536 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
loochy 02:12 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
What would be a good low protein diet meal prep?
Well, unfortunately, it would be low meat and low dairy. I don't think you'd have to go NO meat or NO dairy, but you probably don't want to be eating a bodybuilding type diet with 200+ grams of protein daily.

Take care of your kidneys though, because they don't really heal themselves well (like your liver does)...
[Reply]
In58men 02:22 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Come on, bruv, that is need-to-know information lol

Your doc didn't seem too worried?
He asked what I’ve been eating and drinking, asked if large consumption of red meats or sugary drinks, protein supplements etc etc. Once I mentioned creatine, he said that’s it and to cut it out immediately. I meal prep with ground turkey, black beans, and rice. 3 lbs of ground turkey lasts me 5 days, so my protein intake isn’t wild.

You’re right I should have asked more questions, it was a zoom meeting and my mind was racing. Once he said cut out the creatine I just automatically thought that was it (and it could be). Just felt uneasy after hanging up.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:22 PM 11-08-2022
Kidney function is not usually reported as a percentage? What was the BUN, creatinine, calculated eGFR

Previous values would be helpful too

The correlation between creatine and decreased GFR is very debatable
[Reply]
loochy 02:22 PM 11-08-2022
So this is cool, my kidneys are functioning at 71%. Doctor wants me to cut the creatine completely out of my diet.
So what test did they do on you for this? Was it just something like eGFR / BUN / creatinine? If so, yeah, those can be skewed by creatine, hydration level, and recent intense exercise. If it was just eGFR, then you really shouldn't worry. They'll just retest later and you'll probably be good. If that next test comes back with less than desirable results, your doctor will order more specific and accurate tests.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:26 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
So what test did they do on you for this? Was it just something like eGFR / BUN / creatinine? If so, yeah, those can be skewed by creatine, hydration level, and recent intense exercise. If it was just eGFR, then you really shouldn't worry. They'll just retest later and you'll probably be good. If that next test comes back with less than desirable results, your doctor will order more specific and accurate tests.
An eGFR of 71 is also normal. Not to mention eGFR underestimates kidney function in individuals with more muscle mass
[Reply]
In58men 02:39 PM 11-08-2022
Here are my results, with my low protein meal prep I eat everyday, do you think it probably is the creatine? I take creatine after every workout, 4-5 times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
SupDock 03:03 PM 11-08-2022
Here are my results, with my low protein meal prep I eat everyday, do you think it probably is the creatine? I take creatine after every workout, 4-5 times a week.

There should be another area that lists GFR or eGFR
[Reply]
In58men 03:09 PM 11-08-2022
This?

[Reply]
loochy 03:12 PM 11-08-2022
Yeah, that's just high creatinine and it's barely out of range. Don't worry about it. Just stop the creatine, keep drinkning water, and don't do a heavy workout a day or two before you go back in. You don't even need to change your diet or anything.

That 72 egfr does not mean you only have 72% kidney function. It's just an estimated ratio based on the other measured values.
[Reply]
In58men 03:14 PM 11-08-2022
Yeah, that's just high creatinine and it's barely out of range. Don't worry about it. Just stop the creatine, keep drinkning water, and don't do a heavy workout a day or two before you go back in. You don't even need to change your diet or anything.
So don’t lift heavy? I’m literally at the gym right now lifting heavy lol.

[Reply]
loochy 03:15 PM 11-08-2022
So don’t lift heavy? I’m literally at the gym right now lifting heavy lol.

Just not in the two or three days right before your next test. Lifting hard causes muscle breakdown and will cause an artificial high spike in creatinine.
[Reply]
In58men 03:15 PM 11-08-2022
Just not in the two or three days right before your test.
Ohhhhh before I do blood test, awesome thanks. I’ve been pretty nervous as you can probably tell.

[Reply]
In58men 03:18 PM 11-08-2022
Just not in the two or three days right before your next test. Lifting hard causes muscle breakdown and will cause an artificial high spike in creatinine.
I really do appreciate the advice, thanks brotha.
[Reply]
-King- 04:14 PM 11-08-2022
I think I'm the only one in the world that just hates working out biceps. Every single bicep exercise (which are all basically a variation of a curl) are boring as fuck. Preacher curls. Boring. Low weight, high rep. Boring. High weight low rep. Boring. 21s. Boring. Dumbbell curls. Boring. Hammer curls. Boring.

I have to force myself to get through working out biceps.
[Reply]
loochy 04:18 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think I'm the only one in the world that just hates working out biceps. Every single bicep exercise (which are all basically a variation of a curl) are boring as fuck. Preacher curls. Boring. Low weight, high rep. Boring. High weight low rep. Boring. 21s. Boring. Dumbbell curls. Boring. Hammer curls. Boring.

I have to force myself to get through working out biceps.

what's your split/when do you work bis?

Maybe try an arms day and do supersets of biceps and triceps. It feels great to have both pumped at the same time. Your arms will feel giant
[Reply]
Page 32 of 39
« First < 222829303132 33343536 > Last »
Up