View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 32 of 343
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I don't care which way they go. But the answer at LT is right here on the team if they choose not to pay highest money in the NFL for a LT in Brown. It's not like we have to draft a replacement.

Watch this and get back to me. One play at the 10:42 mark of the 3rd quarter wasn't the best. But other than that, the play at LT was outstanding this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNuDhzR37_I

Allegretti was outstanding at LG too.

Watch the game, offensive plays only with the focus on LT an LG, and tell me different. Don't just jump in with it is stupid to entertain the idea. This is with no practice either.
Why would you move an all pro G to T?
[Reply]
Coogs 07:55 AM 06-01-2022
I specffically said in the first line of the post that this was for the "how would we ever find a replacement if we don't resign Brown crowd". Watch the video OC. Don't say "I don't have too".

The line was fricking nails in this game at 4 spots. Tuney at LT. Allegretti at LG. Humphrey at C. Smith at RG. Remmers was a little shakey at RT, but not bad. If Kennard... or Nieng pan out at RT, that line would be great should the money get to high for signing Brown.

And yes, he is an all-pro at LG. Watch the video. He could be an all-pro at LT as well. Moves and plays just as good, if not better than Brown.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:09 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
You must be new 'round here...
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:16 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
If he's not good then that sucks. But having a known average to above average player is not a reason to pay him elite money just because you're scared of having to replace him.
Bingo
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I specffically said in the first line of the post that this was for the "how would we ever find a replacement if we don't resign Brown crowd". Watch the video OC. Don't say "I don't have too".

The line was fricking nails in this game at 4 spots. Tuney at LT. Allegretti at LG. Humphrey at C. Smith at RG. Remmers was a little shakey at RT, but not bad. If Kennard... or Nieng pan out at RT, that line would be great should the money get to high for signing Brown.

And yes, he is an all-pro at LG. Watch the video. He could be an all-pro at LT as well. Moves and plays just as good, if not better than Brown.
His short arms would give him alot of problems at T I'd guess off the top of my head. It's one thing doing it in a pinch, doing it full time though.

He's a pro and a technician so he'd figure it out. But the physicality element would be something that would probably be tough in the long haul.
[Reply]
TEX 08:22 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I was willing to do that, but he wanted it with no stipulations and I will honor that as he is right that injuries are a part of the game.
No man. There isn't a booking agency in the country that allows for injuries when betting on their over and under win projections. I can see it now, "I want my money back because Player X got injured!"...:-)
Injuries are part of the game. Especially football...Your injury stipulation is the same as me saying let's also have a stipulation that if the Chiefs add to the roster after we make the bet, that the vet is off. See how dumb that is?
You're the one that asked me if I wanted to bet on the Chiefs record. I took you up on it. Either you're going to bet on the record straight up, or you won't. Simple.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:43 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
By PFF's silly and subjective ratings system.

As I keep challenging people, list the LTs you KNOW are better right now and would roll with over him.
Here's my take:

Clearly Better
Trent Williams
David Bakhtiari
Jedrick Wills
Laremy Tunsil
Ronnie Stanley (when healthy)
Terron Armstead (when healthy)
Tyron Smith (when healthy)
Rashawn Slater
Garrett Bolles
Kolton Miller
Elgton Jenkins (when he's been there and would love to pick this kid up if he hits FA next year)

Similar Tier (You could argue slightly worse or slightly better at different points but generally they all end up in a similar lump for me)
Jordan Mailata
Andrew Thomas
Dion Dawkins
Taylor Decker
Donovan Smith
Joe Noteboom
Jake Matthews
Isaiah Wynn (when healthy)
Mekhi Becton (when healthy)
Charles Leno Jr.
Christian Darrisaw
George Fant

Clearly Worse

D.J. Humphries
Cam Robinson
Jonah Williams
Austin Jackson
Larry Borom

I do agree that getting your hands on a LT that is NFL-quality isn't easy in terms of where you generally need to get them. I don't agree that, if you do, getting one that is at least equivalent to Brown is hard. He's not that great but he's also not terrible. And that is why I have an issue with the thought that KC could pay him top-of-market value. The only reason I'm not 100% against it is that it will require decent draft capital to actually replace him when it could be spent continuing to address the defensive line.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:46 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
No man. There isn't a booking agency in the country that allows for injuries as part of their over and under win projections. :-)
Injuries are part of the game. Especially football...Your injury stipulation is the same as me saying let's also have a stipulation that if the Chiefs add to the roster after we make the bet, that the vet is off. See how dumb that is?
You're the one that asked me if I wanted to bet on the Chiefs record. I took you up on it. Either you're going to bet on the record straight up, or you won't. Simple.
It’s like you literally did not read what I said. I said I will honor it as injuries are a part of the game. Not sure really what was the purpose of all your additional text.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:47 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by neech:
Any disputes in the bet will be settled at the George Brett statue.
Lol. That would involve me driving east through Kansas which I loathe the thought of.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:48 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Were you around when someone suggested we move Eric Berry, All-Pro safety, to OLB? Lol. And that was back when we were in the 3-4 so the dude legit thought we should line up Berry as a pass rusher.

I loved Eric Berry but imagine all 210 pounds of him mashing up with a 300 pound RT for 60 snaps a game :-) it would have been a slaughterhouse.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:49 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Were you around when someone suggested we move Eric Berry, All-Pro safety, to OLB? Lol. And that was back when we were in the 3-4 so the dude legit thought we should line up Berry as a pass rusher.

I loved Eric Berry but imagine all 210 pounds of him mashing up with a 300 pound RT for 60 snaps a game :-) it would have been a slaughterhouse.
CP is all about moving people from the position they excel at to a position they wouldn’t and then replace that void and consider it a win.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I believe that was maybe the dog-pile that finally convinced Laz it was time to check out.

He was ADAMANT that Berry could/should be playing OLB. Just completely screwy.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:04 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Actually, it really doesn't matter all that much.

At least 75% of deals of any length in the NFL are backloaded. It's easier to speak in AAV while still knowing that a deal will be a couple of million lighter on AAV over the first 4 of the 5 years. The surprises are the incentive loading of short-term deals like JSS.

Nuts and bolts of a 24+ AAV deal is that you're probably paying at least that per in the meat and taters of the deal.

If year 1 is 17, then year's 2, 3, and 4 are probably about 24-25, and year 5 is inflated to about 30. You still end up with 22.5 AAV over the first 4.
Okay take Trent Williams contract for example:

2022 -$13,943,529
2023 -$26,270,000
2024 -$26,920,000
2025 -$29,370,000
2026 -$33,060,000

That’s…actually not that bad. Tunsil’s cap hit this year is $35 million (!!!) which is higher than any year of Trent Williams contract. But you can also see (according to OTC) his restructure in ‘23 and ‘24:

2023-$13,751,250
2024-$12,626,667

They could realistically cut him a check and lower his 2023 cap hit so they would only be paying one year of a high cap hit in 2024, which honestly by then probably won’t be top 5. Then in 2025 they can cut him and get significant cap relief.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:08 AM 06-01-2022
And really when you look at it this contract isn’t going to have high cap hits until probably 2024. By then Frank Clark is completely off the books, Chris Jones is off the books, Joe Thuney will probably gone too.

The only big contracts at that point would be Mahomes and Brown Jr…and maybe Kelce if he’s still playing. That’s it.

So basically money is opening up big time for a lot of flexibility.
[Reply]
neech 09:08 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Lol. That would involve me driving east through Kansas which I loathe the thought of.
Painfully boring drive indeed.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 343
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up