ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 86
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:52 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
I wonder how much Josh Gordon ever did his strength and conditioning work.

That would be interesting to know. 30 years old is not too old if he has been doing quality strength and conditioning work.

I wonder what the plan is as far as living arrangements and if he will have personal assistants with him all the time.

He might be better off if they make an apartment for him at Arrowhead or something.
He won't have much early on in the way of stats.

First game probably go 4 for 20 or something.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:53 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Who long until he sees the field? Can he be ready this week?
The prediction I've seen is ready for WFT.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:55 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The prediction I've seen is ready for WFT.
No reason he cannot be in for a small set of packages against the Bills. Even if he just runs slants everytime.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:56 AM 09-28-2021

https://gfycat.com/aggressivelonegrayreefshark
Josh Gordon arriving at Arrowhead for his first practice.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:57 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
No reason he cannot be in for a small set of packages against the Bills. Even if he just runs slants everytime.
Good thing we have professional football coaches who will make that determination instead of you.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:59 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Josh Gordon arriving at Arrowhead for his first practice.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:02 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Thank you, on my phone. But Gordon has ARRIVED.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:02 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I trust Andy and Veach-- they have earned the benefit of the doubt.

However, if future reflects past-- how have these past-their-prime signings worked out for us recently? Did McCoy, Suggs, or Bell significantly impact the outcome of the last two seasons? Wisniewski was much needed help for sure-- but I am skeptical that a 30 year old Josh Gordon is what we need right now. I am the most casual of fan and watch purely for enjoyment, but this doesn't give me wood.
Suggs helped, without question. McCoy and Bell came into a situation at RB that is debatably different from what Gordon is entering with the Chiefs WR situation.

The Chiefs have a self-proclaimed "WR2 by committee" right now. That's not gonna cut it, especially when it appears teams have solved Tyreek and it's become apparent the offense is going to need 40+ points per game if February is the goal. If you have a guy like Gordon sitting there who can be had for cheap and possibly seize full control of that WR2 spot, then you have to take that chance. Period.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:04 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Britt Reid could use a gig.
Nigga gone be hitting rehab first. Again.

Guaran-teed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:05 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Suggs helped, without question. McCoy and Bell came into a situation at RB that is debatably different from what Gordon is entering with the Chiefs WR situation.

The Chiefs have a self-proclaimed "WR2 by committee" right now. That's not gonna cut it, especially when it appears teams have solved Tyreek and it's become apparent the offense is going to need 40+ points per game if February is the goal. If you have a guy like Gordon sitting there who can be had for cheap and possibly seize full control of that WR2 spot, then you have to take that chance. Period.
I don't know why this is so hard for folks to understand...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:06 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Who long until he sees the field? Can he be ready this week?
Like I said, he could be ready but I wouldn't expect much in the way of stats.

Maybe 4 catches for 20 yards or something...
[Reply]
penguinz 10:25 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Like I said, he could be ready but I wouldn't expect much in the way of stats.

Maybe 4 catches for 20 yards or something...
Good thing we have professional football coaches who will make that determination instead of you.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:28 AM 09-28-2021
My thoughts after processing for a day:

- I love it. It's another ZRM (Zero Risk Move) by Veach.

- This offense, as dynamic as it already is, has a gaping hole at the X position, and Veach, Reid, and everyone else important knows this. It is why we went after WR's in FA.

- It's a champagne problem that only the best offense in the league has, but having a large, sure-handed WR is critical for us countering defenses in 3 ways:

1- It helps us counter the over-top coverage everyone has playing as of late, since PM will have to be focusing on what's available in front of the safeties. This is why Kelce has been such a great counter to Tyreek. Which leads me to point 2.

2- Because the high/low of Tyreek/Kelce has been so effing good, defenses are doubling Kelce and Tyreek and forcing us to go elsewhere, including to the run game (point 3). The counter for going elsewhere deep is that we have Mecole's speed. The counter for going elsewhere underneath isn't on the roster.... there's no one big enough, fast enough and sure-handed enough to rely on. Sammy was nice, but never available. Pringle, DRop & Kemp ain't it. Bell (too slow), Jody & Gray (too green) ain't it.

3 - Taking the ball out of PM's hands, and putting it in any one else's, is a win for the defense. Even if CEH was a top 3 RB, they're still taking it away from Pat (greatest ever to do it), so it's a win. CEH clearly isn't a top 3 RB, and has fumbled twice now, justifying what the defenses are doing. Having that last hole of a #2 underneath target (who, by the way, can also **** you up deep) filled is so huge for this offense.

In summary:
This offseason, we acted like the O-Line was the final piece Patrick needed to go HAM and break all the records. While it may have been the biggest piece (since it's a five-headed monster) that buys Patrick more time, it wasn't the final piece. The final piece is a large-bodied, sure-handed, fast target.

Is Gordon it? I hope so, but probably not given his history. Can he give us ~16 games until we can draft one or get one in FA next year?

If so, it's time to stunt on these hoes.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:28 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
In these highlights from just a few years ago (2018, 2019), Gordon looked even better than I remember. This is better stuff than we saw from Watkins in his time with KC: https://youtu.be/dWW3bbBBWnc

I’m cautiously excited. Not gonna suspend him for weed so stay off the PEDs and it’s all about catching TDs.
"If" he can get open and catch the ball like this, it will greatly benefit this offense . The kid had hands, separation at the LOS and speed in his prime. I will settle for 2 of those 3, hands and separations!

Getting somebody to go with Kelce to get open off the LOS is hugh in getting a quicker read/react release for Pat and keeping Pat upright from the pass rush!
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 10:30 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
"If" he can get open and catch the ball like this, it will greatly benefit this offense . The kid had hands, separation at the LOS and speed in his prime. I will settle for 2 of those 3, hands and separations!
yup

my concern from a career perspective he is 50% when targeted. However I don't know if that stat factors in bad throws
[Reply]
Page 32 of 86
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up