ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 57
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:32 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
The way this played out, I think the chiefs respect sneed, but didn’t want to spend the money to keep him.
Which was the correct decision.

Sneed maybe only has one year left to play at an elite level with his knee issue.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:33 AM 03-23-2024
A seventh this year and a third next year sure doesn't seem like much for a player of his caliber, but whatever... this trains gonna keep on rolling regardless
[Reply]
wazu 08:33 AM 03-23-2024
Had hoped for more. I'm kinda okay with just getting a 3rd rounder but was really wanting that to be in 2024. We probably could've played this better but bottom line is the NFL is designed to make it very tough to keep a championship team together. The Chiefs are completely defying the odds by keeping this much of one together and maintaining a modern-day dynasty. Not everything can go our way. I trust that Veach will take the salary cap room and 3rd round pick and reload to keep it going.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:33 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
This isn’t a great trade, but we’ll be fine. Our Defensive Backfield has had a real next man up mentality for a while. I’m gonna trust they have a plan - why wouldn’t I?
This would be much harder to swallow at any other position
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:36 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again Meck - taken in concert with the Davis trade, if this was 'the best offer' then it's only because Veach overplayed his hand.

In no world is Carlton Davis more valuable than Sneed.

So even presuming I agree with everything else you said, Veach absolutely did not maximize his return here. If he had, there's no way he gets less for Sneed than Detroit gave up for Davis.

It was bad work by Brett. It happens but it's absolutely the case.
You keep babbling about Davis but did Davis require a new huge contract? NO!!!..did Davis have medical concerns? NO!!..so THE TWO SITUATIONS ARE NOT THE SAME!!.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:44 AM 03-23-2024
For all the people dissing the trade as a big failure.................. Do you not think that maybe, just maybe there are facts that influenced our return that are not public?

Maybe the Chiefs don't trust the knee to last 4 years? We have an injured player missing a year for repair. They have been there done that. Do you guys not remember? We paid a safety big money and never got a return and hurt our cap. Maybe just maybe they didn't want to take the risk again?

Maybe just maybe Sneed told the Chiefs in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't play on the tag next year. He was too afraid of injury to the knee and this is his only shot to get the bag. His knee gives out next year, he never gets the huge bag. Now the Chiefs have the money tied up and no player. Get no compensation.

He's not perfect but he does have a fantastic record of getting us DB's. In Veach we trust is still true today, At least for me.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:47 AM 03-23-2024
Well, that's underwhelming initially, but we don't know the full story (like it matters). IBVWT.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:50 AM 03-23-2024
Great trade for the Titans! Bravo!! That's how you get a rebuild going right there. Love that trade for the Titans. They stole Sneed, too easy.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:53 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Great trade for the Titans! Bravo!! That's how you get a rebuild going right there. Love that trade for the Titans. They stole Sneed, too easy.
Huuuuge steal...SURELY they vault themselves into wildcard contention!! Lot's of splashes! New head coach, the sure to be HoF Will Levis at QB! Look out AFC!
[Reply]
Brody Wa 08:53 AM 03-23-2024
If he continues to be a shutdown cornerback for 2 or more years then we got screwed with no grease and no reach around.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:57 AM 03-23-2024
Draft picks in 2025 is better. Chiefs will be in a reload type year where we need to get younger.
[Reply]
In58men 08:58 AM 03-23-2024
Chiefs fans of course over value their own players.

I remember the Marcus Peters meltdown like it was yesterday.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:58 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
If he continues to be a shutdown cornerback for 2 or more years then we got screwed with no grease and no reach around.
Depends on what we do with the assets that we got for him, especially that cap space.

I’ll feel a lot better if his play falls off a cliff like a lot of other DBs that have changed teams.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:59 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again Meck - taken in concert with the Davis trade, if this was 'the best offer' then it's only because Veach overplayed his hand.

In no world is Carlton Davis more valuable than Sneed.

So even presuming I agree with everything else you said, Veach absolutely did not maximize his return here. If he had, there's no way he gets less for Sneed than Detroit gave up for Davis.

It was bad work by Brett. It happens but it's absolutely the case.
Not sure what the expectations are here. As mentioned, Carlton Davis, Rasul Douglas and Jalen Ramsey were all 27/28 and traded for a 3rd recently within the last year. That market seemed to be set.

Is Sneed more valuable than Ramsey? I highly doubt that.

I think expectations are a bit unrealistic here for a player that played one really good season and has no pro bowl or all pro accolades on his resume.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:59 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
No. If the Chiefs utilize the new cap space $ and upgrade LT (through a variety of ways until August), strengthen the RB room, maybe acquire a vet WR, etc, they WILL three-peat. The additional cap space may also enhance the chances of extending other players they wish to keep next year and beyond, could likely result in a run equal to the Patriots. Less emotion, more 3-D chess.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 57
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up