ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3191 of 4916
« First < 2191269130913141318131873188318931903191 319231933194319532013241329136914191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 09-07-2022
That kind of regression happens when you win the league AND SB MVP in your first season as a starter...

It must suck watching Mahomes own the Broncos over and over.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:32 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Montana was 37 and had thrown 21 passes combined in the previous 2 seasons when he started for KC. Wilson is 33 and has thrown 958 passes over the past 2 seasons. I’m not sure I see the comparison.

Also, if we get blown out in the AFCCG, it will obviously be by Allen.
Yeah, it obviously won't be the QB who has swept Allen and played in that game every year of his career. That's not possible.

Btw, don't compare Montana to Sir Sacked a Lot.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:35 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Yeah, it obviously won't be the QB who has swept Allen and played in that game every year of his career. That's not possible.

Btw, don't compare Montana to Sir Sacked a Lot.
Again, I'm not the one who brought it up. You seem to have a problem with me responding to Chiefs fans when they make comparisons.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:36 PM 09-07-2022
Speaking of regression (passer rating by year):

So Mahomes has been a little up and down like all young QBs, while Wilson is steadily dropping like a plump, aging QB?

Checks out.

If you gave Wilson another decade, do you think he'd be able to match the accomplishments of Mahomes' first four years?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:40 PM 09-07-2022
Again, I'm not the one who brought it up. You seem to have a problem with me responding to Chiefs fans when they make comparisons.
No, you just implied that multiple come-from-behind playoff victories and a loss in the AFC Championship is a low bar for Wilson and the Broncos. :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:44 PM 09-07-2022
No, you just implied that multiple come-from-behind playoff victories and a loss in the AFC Championship is a low bar for Wilson and the Broncos. :-)
I did what now? I only posted what they had done right before joining their new team. I fear you're inferring much more than I implied.
[Reply]
TEX 12:47 PM 09-07-2022
I did what now? I only posted what they had done right before joining their new team. I fear you're inferring much more than I implied.
Naw, you're you, so he's correct in his thinking.
[Reply]
TEX 12:49 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That kind of regression happens when you win the league AND SB MVP in your first season as a starter...

It must suck watching Mahomes own the Broncos over and over.
Is there a stronger word than "own?" :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Is there a stronger word than "own?" :-)
I tried but couldn't think of anything better or more succinct to describe the level of domination the Chiefs exercise over the Broncos.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:59 PM 09-07-2022
10 turnovers. 7 INTs. Maybe you can figure it out.

BTW, in the corresponding 4 game stretch by Mahomes, he had 2 fumbles, so just one fewer than Wilson.
Actually, Mahomes lost one fumble in that stretch. So you cherry-picked the most turnover-heavy stretch of Mahomes' career and he still falls short by multiple TOs.

Plus it's been noted by analysts that most of those picks were actually quality passes that were bobbled by the receiver (As shown by a return to the norm with 5 picks over the final 11 games).

You weren't seeing this, for example:

Darious Williams picks off Russell Wilson in the end zone! @RamsNFL ball!

📺: #SEAvsLAR on FOX
📱: NFL app // Yahoo Sports app: https://t.co/p1akRoFoep pic.twitter.com/m9KvnOpxtt

— NFL (@NFL) November 15, 2020

:-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:25 PM 09-07-2022
Actually, Mahomes lost one fumble in that stretch. So you cherry-picked the most turnover-heavy stretch of Mahomes' career and he still falls short by multiple TOs.

Plus it's been noted by analysts that most of those picks were actually quality passes that were bobbled by the receiver (As shown by a return to the norm with 5 picks over the final 11 games).

You weren't seeing this, for example:

:-)
Fumble recoveries are random, Mahomes still put the ball on the ground. What's actually funny about that play is that Mahomes recovered the fumble and then threw the interception anyway.

I chose 4 games to match what was presented in the article. If you actually extend it for all of Mahomes' turnover streak, he had 10 INTs and 5 fumbles in a 7 game stretch. Wilson has never had a stretch of 7 games with so many turnovers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 09-07-2022
Fumble recoveries are random, Mahomes still put the ball on the ground. What's actually funny about that play is that Mahomes recovered the fumble and then threw the interception anyway.

I chose 4 games to match what was presented in the article. If you actually extend it for all of Mahomes' turnover streak, he had 10 INTs and 5 fumbles in a 7 game stretch. Wilson has never had a stretch of 7 games with so many turnovers.
He's never thrown for 5000 yards or 50 TD's in a season either.

Safe is safe.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:53 PM 09-07-2022

Your Mahomes whataboutism isn't working.

You still need to address Wilson's poor play last year. If you're content to wave your hand and go, "Injuries! It was injuries!" that's fine and all, but this article has a differing opinion, and you seem to be doing a poor job of refuting it by insisting on a bad stretch by Mahomes.

Nobody in the building (front office OR coaches) said those things about Mahomes. They did about Wilson.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:14 PM 09-07-2022

Bottom line....you cherrypicked a stretch that still fell short by two turnovers. What a mic drop!

Nevermind that it was an unprecedented period of crappy luck and most of those throws were actually on the money. Call it an excuse, yada yada....bottom line is that Mahomes has proven himself before and after. It's not likely to happen again.

What you're failing to see is that this was the period during which Russ got what he wanted. They finally "let Russ cook!" And that's what happened. If KC had unleashed Mahomes and that was the result, maybe your comparison would make a little sense.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:18 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Your Mahomes whataboutism isn't working.

You still need to address Wilson's poor play last year. If you're content to wave your hand and go, "Injuries! It was injuries!" that's fine and all, but this article has a differing opinion, and you seem to be doing a poor job of refuting it by insisting on a bad stretch by Mahomes.

Nobody in the building (front office OR coaches) said those things about Mahomes. They did about Wilson.
Did you read the article? It wasn't talking about last year. His stretch of "poor play" was a season and a half ago, and he has played much better since.
[Reply]
Page 3191 of 4916
« First < 2191269130913141318131873188318931903191 319231933194319532013241329136914191 > Last »
Up