ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 319 of 352
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323329 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:44 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I appreciate the updates from Catspause. I was banned in like 2010
Outside of not even making the tourney & playing in the NIT and losing, this tourney has been really rough on UK fans. Losing first round as a 2 seed, Duke/UNC/Villanova/KU making it to the Final Four & then KU winning it all has most of them on suicide watch.

One of the best threads over there is the realization that UConn (3), Duke (3), UNC (3), KU (2), Florida (2), Villanova (2) have more titles in the 2000's than Kentucky (1).
[Reply]
Pablo 08:47 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Outside of not even making the tourney & playing in the NIT and losing, this tourney has been really rough on UK fans. Losing first round as a 2 seed, Duke/UNC/Villanova/KU making it to the Final Four & then KU winning it all has most of them on suicide watch.

One of the best threads over there is the realization that UConn (3), Duke (3), UNC (3), KU (2), Florida (2), Villanova (2) have more titles in the 2000's than Kentucky (1).
I’ve spent the last hour reading their suffering and have really really enjoyed it. That thread was very nice and you can look at there ‘Who are we pulling for in the final 4’ one from last week too.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:50 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I’ve spent the last hour reading their suffering and have really really enjoyed it. That thread was very nice and you can look at there ‘Who are we pulling for in the final 4’ one from last week too.
I'll have to find that one!
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:11 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Boat_Racer:
some fans are so catty.

catty,

Catty, get it?

You know.....wildcats, tigers.....catty?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:32 AM 04-06-2022
Half of the board is on the "Fire Cal" movement. :-)
Yeah did I miss something other than choking vs St Peter's? Saw a bunch of them giddy thinking Cal could take the Lakers job and they would hire Jay Wright lol
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:39 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Rupps Rafters has come full circle: from calling Self a tourney choker, to begging the NCAA to strip his title. It’s glorious to watch this once proud fan base being reduced to KSU/Mizzouche levels of cope.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:42 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah did I miss something other than choking vs St Peter's? Saw a bunch of them giddy thinking Cal could take the Lakers job and they would hire Jay Wright lol
LOL!

Duke and UNC just promoted assistant coaches. UK is not pulling Jay Wright away from Nova. I’m certain both Duke and UNC at least asked around about Jay Wright.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:48 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
UK has the dumbest fanbase of any team in any sport. They think they should be winning titles every other year and when those expectations aren't met, they want to get rid of what they think the problem is.

Every single coach they've had didn't meet their expectations & they have wanted fired or gone.

There are some terrible fanbases out there, but UK is the worst by sheer numbers of fans & sheer amount of stupidity.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:06 AM 04-06-2022
Holy shit. The floor buckled which caused the injury.

So apparently the play that caused Bacot to miss the final seconds was a result of the wood floor literally buckling beneath his foot. Major yikes. Damn shame a moment like that potentially had so much consequence. @NCAA

pic.twitter.com/DltBgcGZOT https://t.co/24rhLnHWBu

— Pablo Escobarner (blue check) (@PabloEscoburner) April 5, 2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:18 AM 04-06-2022
That's apparently supposed to happen? :-)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-manufacturer

Or maybe the floorboards are just another way the NCAA keeps games close.

There's chatter about how both teams struggled from that end of the court, so now a few Kansas fans are also blaming the missed layups on a fault court.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:19 AM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Rupps Rafters has come full circle: from calling Self a tourney choker, to begging the NCAA to strip his title. It’s glorious to watch this once proud fan base being reduced to KSU/Mizzouche levels of cope.
Yeah they’re on their knees right now. Broken. Knowing that all of the nba ready recruits in the world don’t do you any good if your coach can’t actually coach.

Man this has been a fun tourney
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:21 AM 04-06-2022

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-manufacturer

Company that manufactured the court itself says that's normal. Of course, the company that manufactured the court would probably say it was normal regardless of what happened.

I did read Gottlieb saying it was normal too, though, and he'd probably be in a position to know.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:21 AM 04-06-2022

Fucking hell. That’s not the best look New Orleans.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:22 AM 04-06-2022
Nah, that deflection of the floor wasn't enough to cause what happened.

Bacot had already injured it in the last game, and it just gave out.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:22 AM 04-06-2022

I hate to break it to people, but this is what courts are designed to do, they give and flex. They all do, you just don’t watch basketball in super slo-mo pic.twitter.com/KRJMUfnSS3

— Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) April 5, 2022

[Reply]
Page 319 of 352
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323329 > Last »
Up