View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 319 of 343
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:45 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Da Bears traded #32 to Pittsburgh for Claypool.

As for Orlando, what we'll probably see is something somewhere in the middle of what you have here which makes it the continuing conundrum it's been.

Hendrickson isn't a super speed guy and neither is Hubbard, which helps but both ends are still good enough to just flat-out win against our tackles too. I'm hoping both tackles have outstanding days and continually win their matchups. That won't change my opinion on whether or not either should be here next year but I want most for KC to absolutely destroy Cincy.
Doggone it. Mock draft tools haven't caught up to that. That's what burned me there. I knew that. LOL.

I don't think the team SHOULD make its decision based on whether Brown plays well and KC wins the SB, but if both of those things happen, I think it makes it harder to walk from him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:11 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Probably top end of the scale. I could see a team like the Bears MAYBE being interested in him, which would put you at #32 or #64 in return, if player for pick is the swap.

How he plays tomorrow against the Bengals will be telling. If he steps up and keeps Mahomes clean while the Chiefs win, and the Chiefs end up winning the SB, I think KC is more likely to commit to him.

If he gets whipped consistently and Hendrickson is a real problem all day long and wrecks the game by himself... think that's out the window.
Tomorrow will make some decisions, IMO.

I mean there's a non-zero chance that Jones could play his way out of town. Not likely, but not impossible. If that DL gets stoned again I think blowing it entirely apart is a legit possibility.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:19 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Tomorrow will make some decisions, IMO.

I mean there's a non-zero chance that Jones could play his way out of town. Not likely, but not impossible. If that DL gets stoned again I think blowing it entirely apart is a legit possibility.
I asked my buddy at work this question:

Would a poor performance from the DL make it more or less likely that Jones is back?

On one hand, we know he’s a baller and trading him makes the DL immediately worse. It’s not like WR, where Mahomes elevates the talent. You need dudes on the DL. If the DL isn’t good enough with (arguably) the best DT in the game, then it’s hard to imagine the DL getting better without him.

On the other hand, if Jones can be taken out of games like this entirely then that’s also an argument that we need to spread the wealth by acquiring cap space and picks. One badass clearly isn’t enough.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:37 AM 01-30-2023
Polite golf claps for Brown Jr handling Hendrickson for the most part. Now, do it again.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:22 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Polite golf claps for Brown Jr handling Hendrickson for the most part. Now, do it again.
Good point. Hadn't thought about that until now but the whole D line was shut out for the most part.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:24 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Good point. Hadn't thought about that until now but the whole D line was shut out for the most part.
Eh, the lack of run blocking was incredibly concerning but Smith seemed to have a bad leg so hopefully a couple weeks of rest clears that up a bit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:36 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I asked my buddy at work this question:

Would a poor performance from the DL make it more or less likely that Jones is back?

On one hand, we know he’s a baller and trading him makes the DL immediately worse. It’s not like WR, where Mahomes elevates the talent. You need dudes on the DL. If the DL isn’t good enough with (arguably) the best DT in the game, then it’s hard to imagine the DL getting better without him.

On the other hand, if Jones can be taken out of games like this entirely then that’s also an argument that we need to spread the wealth by acquiring cap space and picks. One badass clearly isn’t enough.
I'd been on the fence about paying Jones or shopping for a Hill type haul.

Jones, in my opinion, silenced that discussion. You pay that man, and you build around him.

I think that means you move on from Brown, as he's not special, and you can't allocate 'special' money to replaceable level players.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:59 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd been on the fence about paying Jones or shopping for a Hill type haul.

Jones, in my opinion, silenced that discussion. You pay that man, and you build around him.

I think that means you move on from Brown, as he's not special, and you can't allocate 'special' money to replaceable level players.
Yeah, we literally were chipping his guy every play. If you have to do that for your LT, he's not worth $100+ million.

Also, you are spot on in saying there's no way we can keep both him and Jones. It's not really possible. With that said, it's a very easy choice.
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 AM 01-30-2023
Yeah, he stuck his pecker in ol Superturtle for all the shit talking all year.
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 01-30-2023
He plays LT guys. It's not like WR or CB or LB where you can grab a guy and plug him in.

He's gonna get signed or at the very least tagged this offseason.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:21 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, he stuck his pecker in ol Superturtle for all the shit talking all year.
Relax. He still had to get chip help and had the benefit of an officiating crew swallowing their whistles for all but the most egregious of holds, which he took advantage of. Containing Reddick under the watchful eye of Cheffers will be his most monument task yet.
[Reply]
O.city 08:23 AM 01-30-2023
Relax. He still had to get chip help and had the benefit of an officiating crew swallowing their whistles for all but the most egregious of holds, which he took advantage of. Containing Reddick under the watchful eye of Cheffers will be his most monument task yet.
Guy goes out and does what everyone asks him to do, then we excuse it away.

Almost like no matter what some of the guys do, we have it etched one way or another
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:28 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Guy goes out and does what everyone asks him to do, then we excuse it away.

Almost like no matter what some of the guys do, we have it etched one way or another
Hey, I came in and gave him a tip of the cap for a job mostly well done and left it at that. You're the one that had to be a smarmy douchefuck about it so unfortunately we have to delve further into it now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 01-30-2023
Hey, I came in and gave him a tip of the cap for a job mostly well done and left it at that. You're the one that had to be a smarmy douche**** about it so unfortunately we have to delve further into it now.
Lets rumble!!!!
[Reply]
Hoover 08:33 AM 01-30-2023
I'd be willing to give Jones a significant contract, BUT he needs to acknowledge that in time he's going to move to RT. This LT or bust BS of his needs to stop. He needs to be willing to do what's best for the team if he gets paid.
[Reply]
Page 319 of 343
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323329 > Last »
Up