ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3186 of 4909
« First < 2186268630863136317631823183318431853186 318731883189319031963236328636864186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 09:08 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
From Peter King's MMQB:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ns-peter-king/

:-)
Thought you might take a break from being stupid for the holiday. I was wrong...
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:24 AM 09-05-2022
Hackett is a football savant.

Yeah, and Kathy Bates is a swimsuit model
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:27 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Hackett is a football savant.

Yeah, and Kathy Bates is a swimsuit model
She's not? /blowmo
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:48 AM 09-05-2022
From Peter King's MMQB:

:-)
The shit show cannot start soon enough. Geno dropping an L on Dungver is gonna be hyfuckingsterical!!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:57 AM 09-05-2022
:-) Yeah, he wants a glorified yes man like Hackett instead of someone to actually coach him. That's also why Rodgers favored him so much.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:04 AM 09-05-2022
The Broncos have been revived by the ownership change. There are 4.6 billion reasons for optimism this year in Denver.
You could have just stopped there...

King is a NFL company man puppet..."34 year old Wilson screams 24"...yeah that's why Seahawk fans, that have watched him every week for 10 years, say his mobility has declined.

Hackett is a savant now? The HC calls the plays in GB. Since we are going to make shit up...Beinemy is a savant too.

There are some similarities between the two...both are Rah Rah coaches that more assistants than true OCs.

Hackett kind of made sense if Rodgers had been the play...system familiarity for his final few years. That familiarity concept is dead with Wilson...lots of scouting reports out there that Wilson can only run one style of offense.

There may be a fair amount of truth to his height being the main reason that he scrambles to the outside and neglects the middle of the feild...he cant see over the lineman.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:36 AM 09-05-2022
The last time the Broncos beat the Chiefs there were only 6 Star Wars movies
And Obama was still president.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:08 AM 09-05-2022
Can we as a society stop fucking saying, "There are X number of reasons why..." where X refers to a significant dollar figure or contract number or whatever?

No, there aren't actually 4.6 billion reasons for Donk optimism. Hell, I'd argue there aren't 4.6 reasons! Take a team that was practically guaranteed to win the Super Bowl from the start of the season like the 85 Bears. How many reasons could you come up with that would give you optimism for the team? Probably a huge handful. A few dozen even? If you're really grasping at straws and focused on every individual in the building, you might be able to churn out 100?

So if every reason for optimism was worth a dollar, does that mean the 85 Bears were only worth $100?

And I don't care what we're talking about. I'll turn it on the Chiefs, too. There aren't 500,000,000 reasons why Patrick Mahomes is a great QB. That's fucking ridiculous. An individual dollar isn't a fucking reason, numbskulls.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:13 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You could have just stopped there...

King is a NFL company man puppet..."34 year old Wilson screams 24"...yeah that's why Seahawk fans, that have watched him every week for 10 years, say his mobility has declined.

Hackett is a savant now?
Maybe he meant idiot savant?
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:18 AM 09-05-2022
No, there aren't actually 4.6 billion reasons for Donk optimism.
31 owners of the "good old boy" monopoly club just saw the value of their investment immediately increase by hundreds of millions thanks to the ridiculous amount Walton forked out.

Much like Mahomes' contract got Carr $40+ million a year...it cumulative.

Said club is very pleased with the Walton Broncos right now...you would be too.

Manufacturing a WC birth for a meddling franchise isnt a tall ask...they already handed them the easiest first 8 games as a welcoming gift.

We'll see how this plays out...but on paper, it's a last place, 7-10ish roster.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 09-05-2022
Colin nails it on this one

"I'm not here to crush him for it, I'm just telling you the reality of it. I wish Russell Wilson would have taken less money."

@ColinCowherd on potential ramifications of big extension pic.twitter.com/ACn60z6Y4W

— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 5, 2022

[Reply]
BlackOp 02:00 PM 09-05-2022
Looks like Judy Battista at NFL.com is doubling down on the fraudulent narrative agenda...I'll have some fun with her lies.

Denver was a playoff roster in need of a quarterback; Wilson was a Super Bowl-winning quarterback in need of a better roster. Their marriage makes the Broncos a legitimate threat to upend the Chiefs' six-year reign over the division. We might get deep shots to the Broncos' army of talented receivers and the kind of season we have always envisioned from Wilson.

1. "Denver was a playoff roster"

No players in CBS's top 100 other than Wilson. No probowl or all pros players. Won two games against teams with winning records. Lost Von Miller, Fant and Harris.

Her assessment checks out...Donks are loaded. Anyone with eyeballs can see they are brimming with talent and depth. *belch

2. "Wilson needed a better roster"

Along with what I've already pointed out...Seahawks averaged .5 YPC more than the Broncos. They had Lockett, Wagner, Adams and Metcalf, Their OLs were statically almost identical with Donks being bottom 6 in sacks allowed per dropback. They also lost a top 5 defensive mind in Fangio.

Again..checks outs..if making shit up is your game.

3. "Broncos' army of talented receivers"

Again with the narrative that Denver has an uber-talented WR room that doesn't actually exist...this puff piece was written AFTER Patrick went down too. Somehow she left this detail out...wonder why? Fant/Patrick accounted for 60% of their TD production...

So lets check out this "ARMY" of fictitious talent...

Starting WRs...

Courtland Sutton 776 2 TDs
Jerry Jeudy 467 0 TDS/ 3 career TDs
KJ Hamler 455 3 TD

WR 4,5,6...1 TD and 218 career yards amongst all 3.

Kendall Hinton 155 yards 1 TD
Montrell Washington 5th round rookie
Tyrie Cleveland 63 yards 0 TD

Chiefs WR, Hardman, averaged 5 yards less per game than Sutton...both had 2 TDs. Only difference is no one is pretending he is a pro-bowl #1 WR...and was essentially an afterthought until late in the season.

4. "The kind of season we have always envisioned from Wilson"

I'm not sure what this even means....that the vast array of WR talent, that only exists in these narrative builder's heads, is going to catapult Wilson into uncharted greatness? Does this simp not understand that the LOB was a top 3 all-time defense allowing 13 PPG?

What type of season have we "always envisioned' for Wilson"? Who is "we" exactly? Is this some lame comparison to Stafford...Wilson's greatness held back by conditions out of his control? That he's walking onto a team with a top 3 offensive mind..and a Donald, OBJ, Kupp and Ramsey type of roster?

I haven't seen this level of fake media horseshit ...maybe ever.

If it sounds like I'm repeating myself...it's because the media wont stop lying about them. They completely ignore anything that negatively impacts their unified narrative...no mention of losing Fant/Patrick/Miller or first time coaching staff....yet somehow the addition of Miller on the Bills makes Buffalo a SB favorite.

Whatever..

I guess the pragmatic scouting report of "Wilson simply moved from one 7-10 roster to another...one with inexperienced coaching and less offensive talent but a willingness to meet his contract demands" isn't inspiring enough.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:34 PM 09-06-2022
Peter King has Denver missing the playoffs :-)

[Reply]
BossChief 04:37 PM 09-06-2022
Simms says Denver is a 6-8 win team.

Oops
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:04 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Peter King has Denver missing the playoffs :-)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ns-peter-king/ :-)
Fyp
[Reply]
Page 3186 of 4909
« First < 2186268630863136317631823183318431853186 318731883189319031963236328636864186 > Last »
Up