ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3183 of 4905
« First < 2183268330833133317331793180318131823183 318431853186318731933233328336834183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 07:49 PM 09-03-2022
Look at this no panic MFer

via Gfycat

[Reply]
BlackOp 07:57 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
He should have two rings, and it’s not like those teams were winning in spite of him. Seattle had good teams then, not great ones, and Russ was a huge part of why they went to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Now this is hilarious.

Good, not great? They had an all-time great D, which ranked #1 in the NFL several years in a row. They had an elite running game, and quality WRs like Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin. They absolutely won in spite of his Alex Smith-like performances. How many QBs wouldn't win when their defense is holding playoff teams to 13 ppg? :-)

There was a reason for Carroll's philosophy. It worked. What happened after they let Russack have his way? Oh, it looked pretty good for a month or two, before teams adjusted and realized that this midget with declining athleticism was helpless against 2 deep coverage. Since then, his numbers fell off a cliff, he played terribly in a blowout playoff loss, and his overall record is 12-11.
Like I posted earlier...Seahawks approached Denver...not the other way around.

If they thought he was still a top franchise QB, there is no way they instigate this trade. It's why deals like this rarely happen...they knew he wanted top QB money and didn't think he was worth it.

That's the bottom line...no matter how the media wants to spin it. Seahawks had him on their team for 10 years...and under contract for 2 more seasons. Their actions tell you of what they thought him..it was time to move on.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 07:57 PM 09-03-2022
Terrible read....
Throws pick and then gets the shit knocked out of him....

via Gfycat

[Reply]
BlackOp 08:09 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Terrible read....
Throws pick and then gets the shit knocked out of him....

via Gfycat

That play encapsulates the RW offense...scramble around and throw to the outside.

Only issue is his rushing yards have declined by almost by half recently...and he paired up with an OL that was 6th worst in sacks per dropback. Wilson has always held onto ball too long...it's why he's one of the most sacked QBs.

I cant see anyway...that this combination works. On paper, it's a train-wreck waiting to happen.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:22 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Like I posted earlier...Seahawks approached Denver...not the other way around.

If they thought he was still a top franchise QB, there is no way they instigate this trade. It's why deals like this rarely happen...they knew he wanted top QB money and didn't think he was worth it.
Yeah, because Russ had a no trade clause. There were only three teams he was willing to sign off on. It would've been pure negligence for Schneider to not ask Denver if they were interested, especially since it was common knowledge that they were sniffing around Aaron Rodgers. Denver was also rich in draft capital and, most likely, had the highest pick to give up out of all three teams Russ said he would go to.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:44 PM 09-03-2022
So it took them a decade to realize that their philosophies weren't aligned?
No, but it eventually became obvious their differences were irreconcilable.

Hey, if you're content with paying a guy 50 mil/yr just to make the playoffs somewhat consistently, he's your man (and I suppose you are that desperate).
$42.28M per, over the next 7 years.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:04 PM 09-03-2022
All you have to do is look at the Chiefs from 1984 thru 2017. Taking castoff QBs and trying to convince the fanbase that this was the way.

Denver will be better because Wilson is better however when it comes down to crunch time, they will lose just like the Chiefs did.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 09:21 PM 09-03-2022
Let me officially start off the 2022 season with "F The Donkeys!!!" May your beer be warm and your quarterback ICE COLD.

"Let's RIDE!!!"

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:25 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
No, but it eventually became obvious their differences were irreconcilable.
What became obvious is that he can’t win playoff games without an all-time great defense and elite running game.

Maybe that’s why he came to the AFC West. To try to uncover the secrets of the great Mahomes.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:35 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
All you have to do is look at the Chiefs from 1984 thru 2017. Taking castoff QBs and trying to convince the fanbase that this was the way.

Denver will be better because Wilson is better however when it comes down to crunch time, they will lose just like the Chiefs did.
They will also lose because it's a haphazardly constructed team...and the new coaching staff has very little resources to mold it into their own.

It looks like a 'QB or bust"...**** the rest scenario.

Donks need a top 5 defense and an excellent pass-protecting OL to make the RW experiment work...especially as his mobility declines. They have neither...and as much as the media wants to lie...their skill position talent is below average.

It's literally a team void of pro-bowl/all-pro talent....maybe Surtain's trajectory gets him there.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:14 PM 09-03-2022
This is probably the least talented squad Russ has played on...ever. Last year's Seattle team maybe, but they had much better offensive weapons. He didn't impress...
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:49 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
This is probably the least talented squad Russ has played on...ever. Last year's Seattle team maybe, but they had much better offensive weapons. He didn't impress...
It's funny...I was reading an article about comprising an "all AFCW" team. I guess they felt sorry for the Donks as they gave them a single sympathy position on offense...Bolles. It could be argued both OBJ and Slater are better...but really it was the only position that they had a comparable player.

The only defensive players were Simmons and Surtain...3 out of 25 positions (including ST)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:24 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
Let me officially start off the 2022 season with "F The Donkeys!!!" May your beer be warm and your quarterback ICE COLD.

"Let's RIDE!!!"

And would you cry if I told you that I lied?
And would you say goodbye, or would you let it ride?

Try, try, try, let it ride

Would you let it ride?
Would you let it ride?
Would you let it ride?
Would you let it ride?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:57 AM 09-04-2022
Uh oh :-)
https://www.outkick.com/russell-wils...yers-noticing/
[Reply]
TEX 04:58 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Would you let it ride?
Would you let it ride?
Would you let it ride?
Would you let it ride?
DONKTARD Country, let's ride!
[Reply]
Page 3183 of 4905
« First < 2183268330833133317331793180318131823183 318431853186318731933233328336834183 > Last »
Up