View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 317 of 343
« First < 217267307313314315316317 318319320321327 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:24 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Orlando Brown since week 10: 17 pressures, 2 sacks.
Andrew Wylie since week 10: 21 pressures 3 sacks.

That's despite Andrew Wylie facing Mack against the Chargers and Crossby against the Raiders. Yeah, he still looks just a bit above replacement level to me personally.
Ok, you super football analyst... Now do how many times we chipped for Whylie... the answer won't fit your narrative.

But dang... 17 pressures in 9 games, even 21 for Whylie with chip help is not horrible. Looks like they are both getting better.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:25 PM 01-23-2023
Uh, you do realize Brown was getting a lot of chip help as well, right?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:28 PM 01-23-2023
https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comm...t=share_button

From late December. There's roughly a 5% difference between how much Wylie was left on an island compared to Brown
[Reply]
New World Order 07:29 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Now do since week 10... Do Saturdays game...

Also find the actual data, that tweet references nothing...
I don’t want to pay top dollar for a guy who’s good for 5 weeks
[Reply]
New World Order 07:30 PM 01-23-2023
I think we can all agree that Mahomes is fucking Houdini back there.

He makes our tackles look a lot better than they are
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:35 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I don’t want to pay top dollar for a guy who’s good for 5 weeks
It's 9 weeks, and nobody said top dollar. We are arguing the fact that he could be replaced by anyone and get the same production. Surely you don't agree with that like Superturtle?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:40 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I think we can all agree that Mahomes is ****ing Houdini back there.

He makes our tackles look a lot better than they are
and also worse...we don't have Charlie checkdown back there and he tries to extend plays and takes deeper drops (less than in the past), don't want to change his play, but it does make it tougher on the Tackles.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:54 PM 01-23-2023
It's 9 weeks, and nobody said top dollar. We are arguing the fact that he could be replaced by anyone and get the same production. Surely you don't agree with that like Superturtle?
I hope I'm wrong, but I think Brown is saying top dollar.

And if that is indeed the case, what would you do as GM?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:55 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I hope I'm wrong, but I think Brown is saying top dollar.

And if that is indeed the case, what would you do as GM?
GTFO
[Reply]
RunKC 07:58 PM 01-23-2023
Again I really hate it that the game on Sunday is highly dependent on how this mothefucker plays. He gave up immediate pressure on a 3 man fucking rush. That can’t fucking happen.

If he’s even average then we will score at fucking will on these assholes
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:20 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Again I really hate it that the game on Sunday is highly dependent on how this mothe****er plays. He gave up immediate pressure on a 3 man ****ing rush. That can’t ****ing happen.

If he’s even average then we will score at ****ing will on these assholes
Andy Reid better scheme everything to assume that OBJ is going to be a liability… can’t hope that reality away at this point.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:21 PM 01-23-2023
I just rewatched the game from Saturday... OBJ had a great game. I watched every snap... He slipped once and got beat inside once in the first half, and no, on Pat's injury he washed Key clear around to the other side of the pocket. The 2nd half he stoned Key the whole half. I encourage anyone else to watch the game as well, he was really good against a good front 7 in the Jags.
That makes me feel better. But he didn't exactly stone Key on the play Mahomes got injured.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:43 PM 01-23-2023
I just rewatched the game from Saturday... OBJ had a great game. I watched every snap... He slipped once and got beat inside once in the first half, and no, on Pat's injury he washed Key clear around to the other side of the pocket. The 2nd half he stoned Key the whole half. I encourage anyone else to watch the game as well, he was really good against a good front 7 in the Jags.
I think 'great' is strong, but he was absolutely solid.

I think this is the 2023 version of "Move Albert to Guard!!!"

People just never accepted the way Albert played. It was unorthodox and ugly as sin. And it damn sure wasn't Willie Roaf. But he was really effective. But the way he was effective was often pretty hideous to watch.

I noticed in re-watching that game that OBJ spent a lot of time with his arms out. And yeah, it looks like hell when he's doing that. But what he's doing is just taking an early set to protect inside while using his length to send a guy up the arc.

It's gross. I hate it. A lot of the time he looks like he's grasping at air but what you realize when you really watch the play is that there IS a method to it.

Again, I think there really are strong arguments on either side of this argument. I'm not sold on retaining him but damn man, I really am terrified about the idea of letting him walk as well. It could go REAL poorly. And Brown, if occasionally ugly in getting the job done, does actually get the job done a really high percentage of the time. And in an offense that seems tailor made to play into his weaknesses.

This is one of those times where I'm glad I'm not in Veach's chair.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:46 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That makes me feel better. But he didn't exactly stone Key on the play Mahomes got injured.
Pass blocking rarely 'stones' the rusher (unless the rusher in question is Frank Clark).

OBJ took his guy up the arc and created a pocket for Mahomes to move into. And then Mahomes didn't move into it; instead he moved to his right and held the ball looking to make a play.

This idea that "Mahomes makes plays outside the pocket so we need an OL that plays to that strength" is a little crazy to me. Folks - the OL's job is to FORM the pocket. If they've done that and then Mahomes leaves said pocket, that's on PM (for good and bad). You can't 'Mahomes proof' an offensive line.

As long as Mahomes is a guy that moves around back there trying to find plays downfield, plays like Saturday's will be a risk. It just is what it is.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:01 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think 'great' is strong, but he was absolutely solid.

I think this is the 2023 version of "Move Albert to Guard!!!"

People just never accepted the way Albert played. It was unorthodox and ugly as sin. And it damn sure wasn't Willie Roaf. But he was really effective. But the way he was effective was often pretty hideous to watch.

I noticed in re-watching that game that OBJ spent a lot of time with his arms out. And yeah, it looks like hell when he's doing that. But what he's doing is just taking an early set to protect inside while using his length to send a guy up the arc.

It's gross. I hate it. A lot of the time he looks like he's grasping at air but what you realize when you really watch the play is that there IS a method to it.

Again, I think there really are strong arguments on either side of this argument. I'm not sold on retaining him but damn man, I really am terrified about the idea of letting him walk as well. It could go REAL poorly. And Brown, if occasionally ugly in getting the job done, does actually get the job done a really high percentage of the time. And in an offense that seems tailor made to play into his weaknesses.

This is one of those times where I'm glad I'm not in Veach's chair.
I think we gotta trust Veach, he's earned it, but this is a tough one...
[Reply]
Page 317 of 343
« First < 217267307313314315316317 318319320321327 > Last »
Up