ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 316 of 3903
« First < 216266306312313314315316 3173183193203263664168161316 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 12:18 PM 03-16-2020
NJ putting in an 8pm curfew across the board for the most part
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:19 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
NJ putting in an 8pm curfew across the board for the most part
I honestly think a lot of these measures are a direct result of St Patrick's Day being tomorrow.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:19 PM 03-16-2020
The biggest problem is if you have minor symptoms but aren't sure if it is Covid there isn't a way to be sure. So you go quarantine yourself with your family members and infect them. Then one of them doesn't have minor symptoms and then dies.

That's why testing being available is the most important problem we are facing and right now we're woefully unequipped for it.

It doesn't help that a CT scan is part of the deal to know for sure and those are wildly expensive and time-consuming in this country and forget it if you don't have health insurance. Not getting political, these are the facts.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:19 PM 03-16-2020
NJ at least saying businesses can do business until 8 but they have to adhere to the 50 people limit. But they can also do take out and carryout services after 8.

Much better than Illinois that just shut down all restaurants and bars period.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:21 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The biggest problem is if you have minor symptoms but aren't sure if it is Covid there isn't a way to be sure. So you go quarantine yourself with your family members and infect them. Then one of them doesn't have minor symptoms and then dies.

That's why testing being available is the most important problem we are facing and right now we're woefully unequipped for it.

It doesn't help that a CT scan is part of the deal to know for sure and those are wildly expensive and time-consuming in this country and forget it if you don't have health insurance. Not getting political, these are the facts.
Define minor symptoms? Then we might agree. Until then you'd have everyone bum rushing the hospitals every time they cough.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:22 PM 03-16-2020
I guess we'll finally get answers to life long questions.....

How accurate was the Oregon Trail simulator?

Some people spent all of their money on TP, I spent all of mine on bullets and gas for my oxen.

TP guys won't make it to Ft Smith....
[Reply]
sedated 12:22 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Get off the computer. Turn off the T.V.

Go do something else all day. Do you game? Go do that.

Unplug, or plug into something that's not Virus talk all day.
That is a bit of the problem - there is little else going on other than virus talk. You can read books, watch Netflix/movies, or play video games. That's pretty much it.

Some of us aren't big on those and unwind socially, can't do that for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:23 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Define minor symptoms? Then we might agree. Until then you'd have everyone bum rushing the hospitals every time they cough.
I mean, I understand but other countries have drive-thru tests and hopefully they are fast-tracking that development. The idea that there are hundreds of thousands of infected people who haven't shown symptoms yet walking around and spreading this is what is putting the world on lock-down.

Here's a thread, political opinions within are not my own.

FINAL UPDATE (thread): My #COVID19 test came back positive.

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support. It means a lot to my family and me.

I am almost back to 100%. I’m lucky enough not to fall in the vulnerable category and, for me, it was just like the flu. 1/

— Daniel Goldman (@danielsgoldman) March 15, 2020

[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:24 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So I can't get in to speak to my counselor for over a week. I wouldn't mind hearing some advice from you guys on things I can do to alleviate this stress and anxiety regarding this disease.

I'd like to stay up to date on the current information, but I do feel like I'm overloading myself right now with TOO much information.

Why can’t you see him?

Anxiety is all about control, specifically an inability to control things that are of concern. You are seeking information out of belief it helps you feel better but that’s not going to happen. You tell yourself its for the sake of knowledge to try to feel better. That’s the rub though. You are actually just making the anxiety worse because no matter what you read you cannot control the situation. Avoidance isn’t necessarily the answer either though as the kind of anxiety you are experiencing will consistently lead to unwanted and intrusive thoughts.

You have to understand how it’s working in your mind. Ultimately you are given the information. You decide how to handle it. The question to ask yourself then is, does being in a constant state of stress and anxiety about the situation and what you read actually change anything about it? Anxiety is about a desire to control. You will reduce anxiety when you accept the limits of what you control.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:25 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
That is a bit of the problem - there is little else going on other than virus talk. You can read books, watch Netflix/movies, or play video games. That's pretty much it.

Some of us aren't big on those and unwind socially, can't do that for the foreseeable future.

Here's a warning from somebody who knows:

Frozen 2 sucks
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:25 PM 03-16-2020
It is truly amazing to me that some people on here are still not taking this virus seriously. Truly unbelievable
[Reply]
petegz28 12:27 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It is truly amazing to me that some people on here are still not taking this virus seriously. Truly unbelievable
There is a difference between not taking it seriously and completely panicking. The media and talking heads are making it sound like that if you get it you're dead. That's their tone. And when you shut down everything you feed that tone.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:28 PM 03-16-2020
If I jerk off onto a face, will they get Covid-19 too?

Asking for Scho's hookers.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:29 PM 03-16-2020
WA state shutting down "entertainment" businesses period for 2 weeks. No curfews. Just closed.
[Reply]
FAX 12:29 PM 03-16-2020
Speaking of handling this self-isolation/voluntarily-quarantined stuff and the impact of big business on our miserable, disgusting, increasingly temporary lives ...

I propose that Amazon makes all their movies free of charge for 60 days. Comcast, too.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 316 of 3903
« First < 216266306312313314315316 3173183193203263664168161316 > Last »
Up