View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 316 of 343
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320326 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:42 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Hey Dumb****er... Watch Saturday's game again and only OBJ... Then post again...
I've watched him get his ass beat like a drum enough to last me a lifetime, thanks. Hopefully he can finally do SOMETHING to slow down Hendrickson this Sunday but after he's been baby shaken twice by him already I'm not exactly holding my breath.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:45 PM 01-23-2023
This data?

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...rs-improvement
Can we stick to actual statistics, please, and not arbitrary grades regurgitated by PFF. In case you need a reminder, after Mahomes thoroughly eviscerated the Cardinals week one for 360 yards and 5 touchdowns, PFF spent the entire week after arguing why they were right to grade him as the NINTH best QB in the league that week. Sorry, but after that I legit couldn't give a shit less what they 'grade' players.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:49 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I've watched him get his ass beat like a drum enough to last me a lifetime, thanks. Hopefully he can finally do SOMETHING to slow down Hendrickson this Sunday but after he's been baby shaken twice by him already I'm not exactly holding my breath.
Quit being an emotional vagina and watch THIS game... You say he's terrible and barely replacement Tackle worthy. That means your just stupid or obtuse or probably both, look at the link above. Will he stone Hendrickson this Sun, not sure, but a replacement tackle would get rolled worse.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:50 PM 01-23-2023
Can we stick to actual statistics, please, and not arbitrary grades regurgitated by PFF. In case you need a reminder, after Mahomes thoroughly eviscerated the Cardinals week one for 360 yards and 5 touchdowns, PFF spent the entire week after arguing why they were right to grade him as the NINTH best QB in the league that week. Sorry, but after that I legit couldn't give a shit less what they 'grade' players.
Then share your data, or show me how he got worked on Saturday, or shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:52 PM 01-23-2023
Quit being an emotional vagina and watch THIS game... You say he's terrible and barely replacement Tackle worthy. That means your just stupid or obtuse or probably both, look at the link above. Will he stone Hendrickson this Sun, not sure, but a replacement tackle would get rolled worse.
We already have a replacement level player starting. Andrew Wylie. And the data shows that over the entire season they both performed their jobs to a rather disappointing level, spending most of the season alternating the lead on who allowed the most pressures on Mahomes overall while Mahomes did his best to dodge duck dip dive and dodge it all to an astonishing 10% of pressures resulting in sacks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:53 PM 01-23-2023
Then share your data, or show me how he got worked on Saturday, or shut the fuck up.
I have. Multiple times in this very thread in fact. If you guys are going to hand wave it away every time I really don't see why I should be bothered to post it AGAIN but if you really want it that badly I'm sure I can oblige.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:56 PM 01-23-2023
Pressures per pass block.

Creed Humphrey 2.5% (8th out of 25 centers)
Joe Thuney 3.1% (15th out of 45 guards)
Trey Smith 4.8% (27th out of 45 guards)
Wylie 7.4% (46th out of 54 tackles)
Orlando Brown Jr. 7.4% (47th out of 54 tackles)

Of 25 qualifiers, Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes had the BEST Pressure to Sack Percentage in the NFL at 10.8%.

His tackles, Orlando Brown Jr. (47) and Andrew Wylie (49) both finished top 4 in pressures allowed.

Despite the worst tackle play in the NFL, Mahomes didn’t take sacks. pic.twitter.com/ZCfxwBGAwL

— Pranav Sriraman (@PranavSriraman) January 16, 2023

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:57 PM 01-23-2023
I have. Multiple times in this very thread in fact. If you guys are going to hand wave it away every time I really don't see why I should be bothered to post it AGAIN but if you really want it that badly I'm sure I can oblige.
:-)...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:58 PM 01-23-2023

Now do since week 10... Do Saturdays game...

Also find the actual data, that tweet references nothing...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:05 PM 01-23-2023
Now do since week 10... Do Saturdays game...

Also find the actual data, that tweet references nothing...
Why in the world would I care about a cherry picked stretch of time where he got to play

Chargers without Bosa
Rams with no EDGE talent whatsoever
Broncos twice after they'd traded away Chubb and Gregory was off doing what brokedicks do.
Seahawks that also have fuck all when it comes to EDGE talent
Raiders without Jones

Yeah, no. If he couldn't perform well against that stretch of bumpkins them all hope would be lost for him.
[Reply]
KCJake 07:12 PM 01-23-2023
Can we all just agree that he’s average??? And that he doesn’t deserve 20 million per year???
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:13 PM 01-23-2023
Why in the world would I care about a cherry picked stretch of time where he got to play

Chargers without Bosa
Rams with no EDGE talent whatsoever
Broncos twice after they'd traded away Chubb and Gregory was off doing what brokedicks do.
Seahawks that also have **** all when it comes to EDGE talent
Raiders without Jones

Yeah, no. If he couldn't perform well against that stretch of bumpkins them all hope would be lost for him.
well? Top 3 since then. No one here is saying he's a top 5 LT all year, or should be signed for huge money, but to say he's terrible and could be replaced by anyone is just flat out wrong.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:14 PM 01-23-2023
Well, now, look-nobody is more against signing OBJ to a huge contract than me.

But let's be fair.

Mahomes' play style does put a LOT of pressure on the OT's.

Now, Wylie, I think I've been clear in my opinion of, which is that Wylie blows goats.

Brown, on the other hand, I just think is 1)not a great fit for this style of offense and 2)wildly unrealistic in his salary demands.

We just can't afford to pay top of the market price for middle of the pack production. We did that with Clark, and look how it's hand-cuffed us on the defensive line.

But I don't know the best path to take this offseason. I expect we'll tag him again and roll on one more year.

Maybe we can tag him and find a trade partner. I don't know.

But he's not really like a bottom feeder LT. He's a mid level type talent.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:14 PM 01-23-2023

So by that logic, Joe Thuney is a middle of the road guard. I don't really see it that way but I don't have a tweet with no reference material to back that up.

I'm certainly not defending Brown or Wiley but Brown has gotten much better as the season progressed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:18 PM 01-23-2023
Orlando Brown since week 10: 17 pressures, 2 sacks.
Andrew Wylie since week 10: 21 pressures 3 sacks.

That's despite Andrew Wylie facing Mack against the Chargers and Crossby against the Raiders. Yeah, he still looks just a bit above replacement level to me personally.
[Reply]
Page 316 of 343
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320326 > Last »
Up