ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3159 of 4915
« First < 2159265930593109314931553156315731583159 316031613162316331693209325936594159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:34 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
With Mahomes (which is what matters):

Loss: 2019 AFCCG against the Patriots - OT after losing the coin flip. Only lost because Dee Ford was offsides.
Win: 2020 AFCCG
Win: 2020 Super Bowl
Win: 2021 AFCCG
Loss: 2021 Super Bowl - Several OL injuries (not sure what Reid is supposed to do about that)
Loss: 2022 AFCCG - OT with a collapse, Reid deserves some blame here

So, 3-3 with Mahomes in that situation. 1 loss thanks to Dee Ford. 1 loss thanks to injuries. 1 collapse, which Reid owns part of.

That’s pretty damn good overall.
Dude, don't waste your breath.

He wants to talk about the 4-8 record without acknowledging that the guy has been to TWELVE conference championship games with 2 different teams over a period of two decades.

Andy Reid is a first ballot HOF-er. BlowMo is a dumbshit.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:35 AM 09-01-2022
I wonder why he didn't go for the fully guaranteed shit that Watson got? He got 165 but he could have gotten 200 or more if he wanted. Is he just being nice or just grabbing what he can fast because in a year they will not try and sign him.

Question is what Watson are they getting? The one that got to 2 SB's or the one we have seen lately. Wilson has never been able to carry a team with his arm, that's why he's never gotten any real MVP consideration. He had Lockett and Metcalf and but now he certainly has worse in Denver for weapons. His best years were with Lynch banging out yards and a very tough defense. He uses his legs less and less as well.

He is certainly much better than what they had but with the youth at QB in the AFC it will tough sledding.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:38 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

He wants to talk about the 4-8 record without acknowledging that the guy has been to TWELVE conference championship games with 2 different teams over a period of two decades.

Well, he's no Paul Hackett (I mean, Nathaniel) . . . . . . . . does it really even matter?

Just the latest floating turd in the punch bowl for Denver.

Another new one will be along in a couple years . . . . . . . .
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:40 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Reid's record in conference championship games and Super Bowls (when they're not playing against fraud wild card teams at home) = 4-8
Denver's record in SBs: 3-5.

147 points scored, 259 points allowed. Avg score: 32-18.

And you had Elway or Manning in all but one of them. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:40 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Here's the thing, though:

Wilson could (I don't personally think he will, but that's neither here nor there) be a Top 5 QB in the NFL in 2022 (statistically, anyway) and it likely won't even matter. The Donkos are still currently the 3rd (some would argue 4th) best team in the division. And you've got 2 years of a 'cheap' contract and then that big extension kicks in . . . . . . and Russ will be turning 36.

So unless he is going to age like Tom Brady (has anyone ever done that?), is it really 'worth it'? Time will tell, I guess . . . . . . .
Oh and I totally agree here... the AFC overall and the AFC specifically has the nucleus of all the young badass QBs right now. Mahomes and Herbert show no signs of slowing down, so regardless of what we want to say about Carr... Wilson could be top notch and he could still be the 3rd best QB in the division.

Deal is, you need a top QB to even have a chance and since Denver selects QBs poorly early in the draft and bypasses guys like Allen... you gotta pay a guy like Wilson that has a good pedigree and is soon to be 34.

The NFL protects QBs more now than they did 20 years ago. So rather than watch QBs limp away at the age of 36-37, we're starting to see them play longer.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers... are those guys now. I would hazard a guess that we'll start to see more QBs playing until their 40.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:47 AM 09-01-2022

I've acknowledged that Reid is a very good coach. He obviously has a formula/belief system that leads to a ton of regular season wins. It just doesn't seem to translate into winning Super Bowls.

I mean, going to 9 conference championship games and only coming away with one SB trophy kind of raises red flags. He was outcoached in the Super Bowl he did win, but Mahomes and Reek bailed him out.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:51 AM 09-01-2022
I've acknowledged that Reid is a very good coach. He obviously has a formula/belief system that leads to a ton of regular season wins. It just doesn't seem to translate into winning Super Bowls.

I mean, going to 9 conference championship games and only coming away with one SB trophy kind of raises red flags. He was outcoached in the Super Bowl he did win, but Mahomes and Reek bailed him out.
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 09-01-2022
You have a placeholder coach that's there to serve the new QB you just gave the brinks bank to, who failed to win without an elite defense at his last stop.

And you are talking about Andy Reid, the best coach in the league?

What's the purpose here?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 09-01-2022

Not making the playoffs at all is what raises red flags. You should know, your team has mastered that lately.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
You have a placeholder coach that's there to serve the new QB you just gave the brinks bank to, who failed to win without an elite defense at his last stop.

What's the purpose here?
Their coach was brought in to lure Aaron Rodgers.

Wilson is Plan B. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:56 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

What's the purpose here?
Also, a HC that was obviously hired to lure Rodgers.

His purpose is clearly to be a total :-) show.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:00 AM 09-01-2022

Lol just beat me to it.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:01 AM 09-01-2022

It's a fairly decent Plan B though.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:01 AM 09-01-2022

Peyton Manning was 14-13 in the playoffs and got carried to a SB by a defense in 2015.

He was a loser in January and February his entire career until 2015.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:02 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's a fairly decent Plan B though.
This is true.
[Reply]
Page 3159 of 4915
« First < 2159265930593109314931553156315731583159 316031613162316331693209325936594159 > Last »
Up