ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3158 of 4905
« First < 2158265830583108314831543155315631573158 315931603161316231683208325836584158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:13 AM 09-01-2022

pic.twitter.com/I4knbBI7LN

— RK (@RyanKoenigsberg) September 1, 2022

:-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:14 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Andy Reid is a very good coach with some major flaws (game management, an aversion to running the ball, often fails to make good adjustments after his opening script runs out). He wins a lot of regular season games and gets his team high seeds in the playoffs, but he gets outcoached a lot once he's in the playoffs. He's 8-3 in the playoffs with Mahomes as his QB. That's pretty ****ing good.

Denver has:

A more talented team (No, they don't. ONLY you believe this)
A much better GM (Again, no. Your GM hasn't won shit. Raise a couple trophies and then we can have a worthwhile discussion)
A bottomless bag of cash (Every team operates using the same salary cap, so this is not as big of an advantage as you'd like to think it is. This isn't MLB)
FYI, the above is why no one on here can take you seriously. You truly live in another world from the rest of us . . . . .
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:15 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
:-) And will still finish last.
Hey . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . they might get third. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:22 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Little brother will remain little brother.

Vain attempts at relevance. It’s over for the Broncos as long as Mahomes is around.
And I'd say Mahomes has another....15 years? Hell, maybe he'll push it into Brady territory. :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:24 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Dungver playoff history 23-19
Andy Bad Ass Reid playoff history 19-16

He has 4 less playoff wins than your whole franchise, and three less losses :-) He’ll have almost as many wins when this postseason is over. Yeah, he’s just ok. Lmao. Turd boy, back to the toilet.
Reid's record in conference championship games and Super Bowls (when they're not playing against fraud wild card teams at home) = 4-8
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:24 AM 09-01-2022
Andy Reid is a very good coach with some major flaws (game management, an aversion to running the ball, often fails to make good adjustments after his opening script runs out). He wins a lot of regular season games and gets his team high seeds in the playoffs, but he gets outcoached a lot once he's in the playoffs.

Denver has:

A more talented team
A much better GM
A bottomless bag of cash
Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:25 AM 09-01-2022
Imagine thinking the Broncos are a better team than the one that has hosted four straight AFC championship games...

DE-LUS-ION
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:25 AM 09-01-2022
Andy Reid is a very good coach with some major flaws (game management, an aversion to running the ball, often fails to make good adjustments after his opening script runs out). He wins a lot of regular season games and gets his team high seeds in the playoffs, but he gets outcoached a lot once he's in the playoffs.

Denver has:

A more talented team
A much better GM
A bottomless bag of cash
:-)

Can you imagine believing any of this?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:26 AM 09-01-2022
I don't know that ANYONE will ever age like Brady. Dude is fucking unreal. He actually got better last year than he has been in several years.

He had to have sold his soul to the devil or something.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:26 AM 09-01-2022
Reid's record in conference championship games and Super Bowls (when they're not playing against fraud wild card teams at home) = 4-8
How long do you think it took for Homo Hack-it, and WalRuss hugging before they went full blown Broke Back Mountain at Pile High??
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:31 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
I just disagree with you. Fans get tired of you quickly.

The example I always think of is the Red Sox in '04. I actually really pulled for them that postseason. Bunch of loveable losers, and all of that. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that now (especially being at Coors Field in 2007, when Jonathan Papelbon struck out Seth Smith to end it). I hate that team! There have been times when I hated them to an unhealthy degree.

Nobody cared about you guys before Mahomes. Oh, maybe they respected you. "That team is always pretty solid" - stuff like that. Now, fans are getting tired of you. Win another one, and you'll understand. Everyone loves a winner, as long as that winner politely steps aside, and gets back in line.

And the Chargers and Raiders? They lost their Super Bowls by a combined 97-47. Those of us old enough to remember the Raiders before they were pathetic still hate them. The Chargers? Aww. That's cute, What's to hate about the Chargers? They give us all an extra home game, each year.

In division rivalries, you up that hate - especially when two teams have been successful. Do you think we hate each other more than the Cowboys and Redskins (or whatever)? The Packers and Bears? The Bengals and Steelers and Ravens? The 9ers and Seahawks?

YOU believe the cheating thing. It's not even on the radar of most NFL fans. Mention John Elway to most fans, and their reaction is, "Man, all-time great - and I loved the way he went out."
KC is definitely hated by many already. People act like they've had a Patriot-like run. I see a lot of "I'm sick of these MFers" comments. People reach hard to find reasons for failure each year, and after each loss they're declaring the window closed.

Oh, it's just getting started, MFers!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:31 AM 09-01-2022
With Mahomes (which is what matters):

Loss: 2019 AFCCG against the Patriots - OT after losing the coin flip. Only lost because Dee Ford was offsides.
Win: 2020 AFCCG
Win: 2020 Super Bowl
Win: 2021 AFCCG
Loss: 2021 Super Bowl - Several OL injuries (not sure what Reid is supposed to do about that)
Loss: 2022 AFCCG - OT with a collapse, Reid deserves some blame here

So, 3-3 with Mahomes in that situation. 1 loss thanks to Dee Ford. 1 loss thanks to injuries. 1 collapse, which Reid owns part of.

That’s pretty damn good overall.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:33 AM 09-01-2022
As someone else already posted, nothing matters before Mahomes. This is his first go around with a generational QB and he has gone 8-3 with him. Generational QB's cover up a lot of warts.

Reid's teams have averaged 2 wins per post-season the last 4 years. No other coach or NFL team can say that. Only Sean McVay (7 wins) is close.

Mahomes is 27 and still ascending. Might as well get used to watching Andy win in the post-season A LOT . . . . . . . . until he decides to retire anyway.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:34 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
How long do you think it took for Homo Hack-it, and WalRuss hugging before they went full blown Broke Back Mountain at Pile High??
I'm sure they've tongue punched each other's fart boxes on several occasions
[Reply]
old_geezer 08:34 AM 09-01-2022
Broncos have Wilson for the next seven years; We have Mahomes. I'm very very happy. I don't feel the need to go to some other team's board to try to convince myself otherwise. Broncos should be good; We will be better. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3158 of 4905
« First < 2158265830583108314831543155315631573158 315931603161316231683208325836584158 > Last »
Up