ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 315 of 333
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
myselff77 02:53 PM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
The interesting part to me is what the Chiefs think. They probably have more power than any team in the country right now and could ask for whatever they want. You know the Royals and Chiefs are talking about all this stuff but they don't go in on this together. Guessing they think that's too big of an ask?

Part of me wonders if they pitched this whole thing as "Move Royals here and do X, Y, Z to Arrowhead" it would be a slam dunk. Maybe they're just waiting to see what the Royals do and then build their ask around that. But you know it's coming, the Chiefs are going to ask for money soon and they're part of this process. But the Royals are taking the full-on lead in the community.
I think you got this right. The Chiefs know exactly what they want to do, and Step 1 involves the Royals moving so they can make use of all that space and finally develop the area around there into something.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:18 PM 11-16-2023
The royals can move to the TBones park at the Legends. Might fill that one up
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:49 PM 11-16-2023
If entertainment districts matched team performance then the Royals might be good staying put next to Taco Bell, Denny's and The Fellowship of Christian Athletes
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:04 PM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
The interesting part to me is what the Chiefs think. They probably have more power than any team in the country right now and could ask for whatever they want. You know the Royals and Chiefs are talking about all this stuff but they don't go in on this together. Guessing they think that's too big of an ask?

Part of me wonders if they pitched this whole thing as "Move Royals here and do X, Y, Z to Arrowhead" it would be a slam dunk. Maybe they're just waiting to see what the Royals do and then build their ask around that. But you know it's coming, the Chiefs are going to ask for money soon and they're part of this process. But the Royals are taking the full-on lead in the community.
Royals taking on the arrows politically since replacing the stadiums are tricky situation and the Chiefs come in to get in passed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:21 PM 11-16-2023
Wut? These situations have next to nothing to do with each other outside of the fact they currently share the same complex. The Chiefs are currently one of the top organizations in the most popular sport in the United States. The Royals by comparison are a bottom tier organization in a sport that's stagnating at best. If/when the Chiefs actually gets serious about a potential new stadium, there will be a mad scramble by every potential location the Chiefs float to give Hunt money hand over fist to put the new stadium and surrounding entertainment district there.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:25 PM 11-16-2023
Hell, the only thing that MAY save Sherman is if Mahomes becomes a public face for the effort since he's got money in the Royals
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:00 PM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
The Royals can collectively lick the underside of our jizz tubes. Clark Hunt can ask for the moon and he'll probably get it, and I sure hope he doesn't let this Skinflint Dipshit Sherman tag along on his nuts.
Damn, this mofo be spittin'!!!
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:06 PM 11-16-2023
Bobby Witt Jr. finished seventh in the AL MVP voting.

AL MVP voting

(Via @officialBBWAA ) pic.twitter.com/vHoKeuuv34

— Barstool Baseball (@StoolBaseball) November 16, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:53 PM 11-16-2023
Nicky Lopez going to the White Sox

Atlanta acquires reliever Aaron Bummer from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for RHP Michael Soroka, LHP Jared Shuster, INF Nicky Lopez, INF Braden Shewmake and minor-league RHP Riley Gowens.

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) November 17, 2023

[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:57 PM 11-16-2023
Bummer has a good reputation for being a high-leverage lefty and ground ball pitcher, but that's quite the haul in quantity for a guy who had a 6.79 ERA last year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:00 PM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Bummer has a good reputation for being a high-leverage lefty and ground ball pitcher, but that's quite the haul in quantity for a guy who had a 6.79 ERA last year.
If Soroka is healthy, that could be a good get for Nicky Getz's husband
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:28 PM 11-16-2023
This tweet is funny.

I'm surprised how many people on Twitter are talking about "the haul" the White Sox got for Bummer and I hope I meet them so I can change my crisp five-dollar bill and four ones for a crumpled old 20-dollar bill.

— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) November 17, 2023

[Reply]
tk13 11:54 PM 11-16-2023
It is a lot of guys but it's also Atlanta. Hard to get one over on them.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:46 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Mookie Betts, who has as good of a reputation as anybody in the game, got roasted by the media nut jobs for saying he was open to bringing Trevor Bauer back.

Bauer is a complete unlikable shithead. Doesn't make what happened to him right. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:22 AM 11-17-2023
Innocent until proven guilty is not a thing in America anymore. Social media eliminated that law.
[Reply]
Page 315 of 333
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325 > Last »
Up