ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 315 of 3903
« First < 215265305311312313314315 3163173183193253654158151315 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:04 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So I can't get in to speak to my counselor for over a week. I wouldn't mind hearing some advice from you guys on things I can do to alleviate this stress and anxiety regarding this disease.

I'd like to stay up to date on the current information, but I do feel like I'm overloading myself right now with TOO much information.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:05 PM 03-16-2020
So I can't get in to speak to my counselor for over a week. I wouldn't mind hearing some advice from you guys on things I can do to alleviate this stress and anxiety regarding this disease.

I'd like to stay up to date on the current information, but I do feel like I'm overloading myself right now with TOO much information.
Get off the computer. Turn off the T.V.

Go do something else all day. Do you game? Go do that.

Unplug, or plug into something that's not Virus talk all day.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:05 PM 03-16-2020
Please Stay Home! - Rich Eisen

https://youtu.be/YAoc-JGrciA
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:06 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Go for a nice walk, work out, and ejaculate. Not necessarily in that order, or at the same time.

Yes, this thing is real and it's here. But, unless and until we see exponential growth, and deaths, just use common sense precautions as much as you can, and carry on as best you can.
A good way to look at it is this, if you wanted to catch the virus intentionally almost every one of us would have no idea how to actually accomplish it.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 12:07 PM 03-16-2020

Take a deep breath, relax. Like I mentioned earlier, the likelihood you become infected with COVID-19 is *very* low. Even if you do happen to contract Coronavirus, you will, in all likelihood, have very, very mild symptoms, if you are symptomatic at all. You are not in a high risk category. I am assuming you are in either KS or MO, which means your potential for exposure is much less than the general population given our lack of population density. Be glad *preventative* measures are being taken--and practice those measures yourself. You're good to go.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:09 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Confirmed numbers are low because they are not testing and will not test unless you show all the symptoms or have been in documented contact with someone who has tested positive.

Just about everyone will be exposed at some point to this virus.
Being exposed to COVID-19 is different than contracting the virus and having medical complications.

The vast majority of Americans who are exposed to COVID-19 will have no symptoms.

80% of those who contract the virus will have minor symptoms that can be self-treated without hospitalization/medical care.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:10 PM 03-16-2020
TLO just accept that you are a nervous wreck and accept yourself as being crazy. Just be you and you arent bad or broke.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:10 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Being exposed to COVID-19 is different than contracting the virus and having medical complications.

The vast majority of Americans who are exposed to COVID-19 will have no symptoms.

80% of those who contract the virus will have minor symptoms that can be self-treated without hospitalization/medical care.
Right now literally 99.98% of active cases are considered mild.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:11 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Seems to me then all that was necessary was to quarantine older people and people with compromised immune systems and everyone else move on with their daily business.:-)
[Reply]
FAX 12:11 PM 03-16-2020

I know the feeling, Mr. TLO. I know it very well, in fact.

I'm not good at giving advice (mainly because I never took much), but I can share my experience.

It helps to unplug and activate. Unplug the teevee and the computer and your phone (basically every appliance other than your toaster oven) and get physically active even if that just means turning the pages of a book.

FAX
[Reply]
petegz28 12:13 PM 03-16-2020
So I find it odd that the news media that is telling you to stay away fro people are out reporting among people. Like this Fox lady walking around the floor of the NYSE. Not to report the market but to show you how they are taking temperatures of people.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:13 PM 03-16-2020
NJ shutting down all schools for 2 weeks and saying it will be longer.
[Reply]
Spott 12:14 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So I find it odd that the news media that is telling you to stay away fro people are out reporting among people. Like this Fox lady walking around the floor of the NYSE. Not to report the market but to show you how they are taking temperatures of people.
I wish they would close the NYSE for a while.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03-16-2020, 12:15 PM
This message has been deleted by Hammock Parties.
BigRedChief 12:16 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Hey - shoutout to the mods for their work in this thread.

It’s been contentious at points - but this has honestly been a great resource to find great sources and share fears and discussion about this - especially compared to some of the cesspits I’ve encountered on Facebook and Reddit.
yep, there can’t be 100% non-political tints to the posts in this thread. It’s the nature of the discussion. Some leeway that’s usually not allowed in the lounge was merited. A discussion of something that effects us all helps everyone.

They have set the line to not cross. And everyone, or most are self-modifying their views and posts to stay under that line.:-)
[Reply]
TLO 12:17 PM 03-16-2020
I certainly do appreciate the ChiefsPlanet community. I'm going to try to unplug from media as much as possible, and focus on the things I know I can control. (Good hygiene, TRYING to reduce stress levels, etc, etc.) I'll keep myself informed, (particularly at the local level), but I'm going to make a concerted effort to not absorb every piece of information out there.

Thanks everyone
[Reply]
Page 315 of 3903
« First < 215265305311312313314315 3163173183193253654158151315 > Last »
Up