View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 314 of 343
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316317318324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 03:33 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nobody. Cares. About. Hamlin.
This X 1000
[Reply]
Pablo 03:36 PM 01-22-2023
I do not care about him very much at all
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:37 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nobody. Cares. About. Hamlin.
I do if he can play LT
[Reply]
BossChief 05:08 PM 01-22-2023
Crazy how much weight this next game will have on Orlando’s future.

If he keeps Pat clean, he will get paid. If he shows -again- that he can’t handle speed rushers with power, difficult decisions need to be made because we will be in a season defining game against Cincy every year for the forseable future.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:09 PM 01-22-2023
Yep. This is the one, big boy. Do us all a favor and earn the $$$.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:13 PM 01-22-2023
No fucking T is going to be good enough for anyone here with our style of play. Our play calling makes it too easy for the pass rushers, because we just won't run the ball. Patrick Mahomes is much better than he was in 2019, but he drifts back too far more than he did back then.

Blocking guys on an island is pretty much impossible for offensive tackles when the pass rushers know they don't have to worry about stopping the run. They don't have worry about bending around the tackles, because Mahomes is going too far back. They can go as fast as possible and in a straight line to the QB. I don't think there is a tackle in the league that would over come that.

In 2020, the year that Mahomes started to drift way back (the IOL was atrocious, so I don't blame him) and he even made Mitchell Schwartz look bad. Here's a tweet from Geoff Schwartz

Alright y'all want to do this. I'll play along.

The ball is snapped on the 32. The LDE over the RT runs around the corner at the 21 yard line. That's 11 yards. The QB is supposed to drop no more than 10, and even that's pushing it. Then climb the pocket. The pocket is clean https://t.co/FSlCkwSQT8

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) October 12, 2020

The Chiefs OL isn't perfect. But this happens far more than you'd like to acknowledge. Pass protection is a balance between the blocking unit and the QB. Right now, there's no balance. Mahomes bails out of the pocket early. Next play the LG gets beat, etc...

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) October 12, 2020

Most of you don't have a clue what offensive line play should look like. No tackle is going to be good enough because it's really hard to stonewall a pass rusher every single play, but then add in these other variables and it's damn near impossible.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:15 PM 01-22-2023
I guarantee you that Brown looks like an All Pro if Mahomes has to stay in the pocket. As long as Mahomes isn't hurting so bad he can't even move to hand off the ball, then we will be fine.
[Reply]
TEX 05:17 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I guarantee you that Brown looks like an All Pro if Mahomes has to stay in the pocket. As long as Mahomes isn't hurting so bad he can't even move to hand off the ball, then we will be fine.
Bet not. I guarantee you that OBJ is gonna get his shit pushed in by Cincinnati. I hope Mahomes is still mobile enough to escape.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:18 PM 01-22-2023
I'd settle for not putting up an identical performance across an entire season to Wylie passblocking, but that's just me.
[Reply]
TEX 05:19 PM 01-22-2023
No ****ing T is going to be good enough for anyone here with our style of play. Our play calling makes it too easy for the pass rushers, because we just won't run the ball. Patrick Mahomes is much better than he was in 2019, but he drifts back too far more than he did back then.

Blocking guys on an island is pretty much impossible for offensive tackles when the pass rushers know they don't have to worry about stopping the run. They don't have worry about bending around the tackles, because Mahomes is going too far back. They can go as fast as possible and in a straight line to the QB. I don't think there is a tackle in the league that would over come that.

In 2020, the year that Mahomes started to drift way back (the IOL was atrocious, so I don't blame him) and he even made Mitchell Schwartz look bad. Here's a tweet from Geoff Schwartz

Most of you don't have a clue what offensive line play should look like. No tackle is going to be good enough because it's really hard to stonewall a pass rusher every single play, but then add in these other variables and it's damn near impossible.
Most of us here know what's not good enough. And what's not good enough is letting your guy beat you to the quarterback in less than 2 seconds.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:23 PM 01-22-2023
Hendrickson has a total 55 combined QB hits (18) and hurries (37). He also had 9 sacks in 16 games.

Keeping him under 4 combined hits/hurries is probably the reasonable bar…even with Mahomes hobbled.

I look for Andy to start the game with a few scripted runs right at Trey, with some screens and misdirection mixed in to try to slow down that rush.
[Reply]
mkp785 06:07 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd settle for not putting up an identical performance across an entire season to Wylie passblocking, but that's just me.
.......while asking for Trent Williams/ Laramy Tunsil money. Pretty insane if you think about it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:23 PM 01-23-2023
I know Chief Fan hates him, but Bills Fan appears to be looking for that upgrade. From 2BD:

Dion Dawkins - 24th rated tackle
Rodger Saffold - 74th rated guard
Mitch Morris - 24th rated center
Ryan Bates - 42nd rated guard
Spencer Brown - 76th ranked guard

David Quessenberry - 68th ranked tackle
Bobby Hart - NR (guard) - Only played 128 snaps this year
Greg Van Roten - 52nd ranked guard
Ike Boettger - NR (guard) - Only played 6 snaps this year due to injury
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:32 PM 01-23-2023
Go back and watch OBJ in the first half yesterday (before they gave him help on obvious passing downs). He was getting beat off the line repeatedly. The drop depth had nothing to do with it.

Then go watch Trent Williams vs. Micah Parsons - the quickest pass rusher in the NFL.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:06 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Go back and watch OBJ in the first half yesterday (before they gave him help on obvious passing downs). He was getting beat off the line repeatedly. The drop depth had nothing to do with it.

Then go watch Trent Williams vs. Micah Parsons - the quickest pass rusher in the NFL.
When I was watching, Parsons was destroying their RT on almost every down. I don't recall him rushing from the other side much.
[Reply]
Page 314 of 343
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316317318324 > Last »
Up