ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 313 of 488
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317323363413 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
He’s definitely not going to cost Tyreek money lol.

That’s absurd
If you give up Tyreek compensation, what do you think his agent would be demanding?
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:52 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
How did 30 and 50 turn into 5 guys?
That wasn't very clear...depending on the mock engine, those are the type of players that could be legit choices at 29, 30, and 50. Names like Wyatt and Ojabo might be long gone of course, but if there is a run at QB, it is possible a very good player at a position of need falls to the Chiefs. Happens to varying degrees nearly every year.

It seems The Plan is to build a team with no holes...they chiefs were burned in the last two years with gaping holes at OL depth, safety, and Edge. Now that they have draft capital unlike the previous several years, BV will build a team that is fast, inexpensive, and deep (2022-and '23 drafts) will allow them build a talent pool that can seamlessly dislodge vets like Chris Jones that get ridiculously expensive. Turning around and trading cheap draft capital for guys n 2nd contracts, when it is a DEEP wr class makes no sense to me.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:52 AM 03-29-2022
He’s definitely not going to cost Tyreek money lol.

That’s absurd
Hes going to command top end money. Not exactly Tyreeks per sei. But right up there and im sure similar compensation.
[Reply]
In58men 08:54 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Hes going to command top end money. Not exactly Tyreeks per sei. But right up there and im sure similar compensation.
Mahomes didn’t restructure this offseason, so I’m sure shit can be done. Getting McLaurin wouldn’t mean it’s all doom and gloom.
[Reply]
O.city 08:55 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
That wasn't very clear...depending on the mock engine, those are the type of players that could be legit choices at 29, 30, and 50. Names like Wyatt and Ojabo might be long gone of course, but if there is a run at QB, it is possible a very good player at a position of need falls to the Chiefs. Happens to varying degrees nearly every year.

It seems The Plan is to build a team with no holes...they chiefs were burned in the last two years with gaping holes at OL depth, safety, and Edge. Now that they have draft capital unlike the previous several years, BV will build a team that is fast, inexpensive, and deep (2022-and '23 drafts) will allow them build a talent pool that can seamlessly dislodge vets like Chris Jones that get ridiculously expensive. Turning around and trading cheap draft capital for guys n 2nd contracts, when it is a DEEP wr class makes no sense to me.
If the plan is to build a team with no holes.....it's a plan destined to fail.

It's just not possible. They aren't making 12 draft picks this year. Best case scenario you hit on what, 5 of them?

Picks are for acquiring talent. However that happens. Trade, use the pick, trade the pick etc.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:55 AM 03-29-2022
Mahomes didn’t restructure this offseason, so I’m sure shit can be done. Getting McLaurin wouldn’t mean it’s all doom and gloom.
I'm not saying it is. It just doesnt make sense to send one top guy off for another.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:55 AM 03-29-2022
"Why throw darts when McLaruin is already proven?"

Because we have 8 darts, not 3. And my darts are a lot cheaper.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:56 AM 03-29-2022
I think McLaurin is the only WR that fits the mold. Trade for him on his rookie deal, work an extension now that won't break the bank. I can also see why Washington would want to make a deal for a late first rounder as they hunt for a QB of the future.

But if I were talking to them it would be about Montez Sweat. He's been mentioned in trade discussions before. They can't pay him and then Chase Young right?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:56 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
If the plan is to build a team with no holes.....it's a plan destined to fail.

It's just not possible. They aren't making 12 draft picks this year. Best case scenario you hit on what, 5 of them?

Picks are for acquiring talent. However that happens. Trade, use the pick, trade the pick etc.
THIS.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:56 AM 03-29-2022
McLaurin is probably a pipe dream. It will probably be someone we aren't even thinking of.

Like someone who was injured recently and forgotten but is on the mend. Other than the obvious Michael Thomas type.

I should check the injured wide receivers last season
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:56 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If you give up Tyreek compensation, what do you think his agent would be demanding?
McLaurin isn't going for what we got Hill for. Adams was only a 1st and 2nd and he's considered a top 3 WR in the game.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 03-29-2022
I'm not saying it is. It just doesnt make sense to send one top guy off for another.
You could make that switch and save 7 or 8 million dollars a year.

It's all a shell game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:58 AM 03-29-2022
It does when you factor in cost and age.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:01 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It does when you factor in cost and age.
ALSO THIS.

DK is a pipe dream, but would also be 4 years younger and about $8-10M a season cheaper - as an example.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:01 AM 03-29-2022
And I know we don't have much locked up in the WR beyond next year, but that position group is really the least of my concern, especially with a draft coming up. Its the DE position that would keep me up at night. You add someone like Montez Sweat and you're half way home. Give them 1st (30) and another pick and suddenly they can release Sweat and get their QB. Nice deal for them.
[Reply]
Page 313 of 488
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317323363413 > Last »
Up