View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 313 of 343
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:21 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Are you conveniently forgetting that they went after Trent Williams before that trade?
Thats no lie, Veach DID try to do better
[Reply]
mkp785 01:31 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Let's try to merge two fairly controversial topics for a moment.

Starting lineup 1 includes:

Josh Nijman and JJSS

Starting lineup 2 includes:

OBJ and Skyy Moore

Which do you prefer? Because from a cap standpoint, you're probably looking at similar enough figures as to not be worth arguing. And the latter scenario probably retains a 2nd round pick that you'd have to use to pry Nijman out of GB, but lets just set that aside for a moment.

Of those two scenarios - isn't the latter preferable? And I think it's even less risky.

Now again, I'm not saying I'd definitely pursue either one over the other. But I think you have to consider ALL possibilities right now. Because in the end, there's a real chance that OBJ returning, even on an inflated deal, is the least risky and potentially least bad of a set of mediocre options.
Well I think there's another component that weighs into this. I'm personally of the opinion that we can't afford both OBJ and Chris Jones so a decision will need to be made. While many will probably point out Jones lack of playoff success, I'll counter that he is an absolute BOSS in the regular season and could very well be the #1 DT in the league going forward.

We are unlikely able to have both him and OBJ on massive deals, so we sign Orlando and we likely lose Jones. Makes the decision easy for me especially when adding in Juju-who I think has fit in very well here and wants to stay. OBJ seems to be more or less luke warm about coming back here. He wants his money. Which I don't blame him, but it doesn't mean he needs to get it here. Especially when there's likely 2 other players (Jones/Juju) we'd lose as a result of giving it to him.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:34 PM 01-22-2023
This year's tackle class looks eerily similar to 2021.

These may not be direct comps but I'm putting them here as, perhaps, a reference for draft position.

Paris Johnson - Penei Sewell (7)
Peter Skoronski - Rashawn Slater (13)
Broderick Jones - Alijah Vera-Tucker (14)
Jaelyn Duncan - Alex Leatherwood (17)
Anton Harrison - Christian Darrisaw (23)

In any event, I'd feel pretty comfortable getting one of Johnson, Skoronski, or Harrison right around 15. If you gotta go up to 10, it's probably similar to the trade for Mahomes (3rd and next year's 1). If you can keep the cost down a bit, maybe a 3rd and next year's 2, that might get you to 14/15.

I'm all about paying the draft capital to fix LT. It has to be done. Orlando Brown is NOT the answer.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:35 PM 01-22-2023
You're not going from 31 to 10 without multiple 1's
[Reply]
mkp785 01:39 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I wonder how feasible that would be. KC would have to tag him first and then trade him. Teams know KC will need a LT and to trade him would not make much sense. Perhaps Veach has a trade lined up first before doing that, but teams could also call Veach’s bluff as KC wouldn’t want to play Brown on a second tag.
He doesn't suck. He is a above average LT, maybe even pro bowl/all pro quality......in the right system. That system unfortunately doesn't appear to be ours. I think he'd be great for teams that run the ball alot and even better if those teams don't have a mobile QB. Pittsburgh, the Titans and the Cheatriots come to mind. Chicago has a very mobile QB, but they run alot and can also very easily call designed runs for Fields, so I think they're a good fit too. Maybe Indy as well depending on what they do with their QB decisions.

Any of those teams will theoretically be competing for the same build out of their LT, so it's possible that 1 of them would be inclined to give a 2nd or maybe even more depending on how things go.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:57 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You're not going from 31 to 10 without multiple 1's
Well here's the nutshell of it... it ALWAYS takes "Multiple" 1s because you're trading in addition to the 1 you have in that year. So, this is a pretty vague statement.

If you think it takes multiple 1's beyond the 1st that's default included for this year, then that's simply wrong. If you're saying next year's and this year's then that's a different story.

It's going to take this year's 1, next year's 1, and at least a 3rd this year. I'm fine with that if you're going up thinking you're getting an elite LT. I don't think you need to get that high to get a quality tackle though. I don't expect Harrison, who is probably the top fit, to go that high.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:59 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Well here's the nutshell of it... it ALWAYS takes "Multiple" 1s because you're trading in addition to the 1 you have in that year. So, this is a pretty vague statement.

If you think it takes multiple 1's beyond the 1st that's default included for this year, then that's simply wrong. If you're saying next year's and this year's then that's a different story.

It's going to take this year's 1, next year's 1, and at least a 3rd this year. I'm fine with that if you're going up thinking you're getting an elite LT. I don't think you need to get that high to get a quality tackle though. I don't expect Harrison, who is probably the top fit, to go that high.
I like Harrison but let's be real. CP will want him dead when he gets bullrushed by Khalil Mack.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:01 PM 01-22-2023

Well it also depends on the team we're trading with. For example, some team that has only a 1st and no 2nd or 3rds will be more inclined to make a move down. We would just need to target team that are short of picks and have multiple holes.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:20 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
We got OBJ instead of whom? Whom would have filled that spot? Oh, and that trade... who would you not want on the team today, Bolton or Creed, if we don't make that trade?
Christian Darrisaw went at pick #23, trade up would have been doable. Eventually you have to count on your ability to find talent in the draft, trading multiple picks for expensive veterans hasn’t worked.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:22 PM 01-22-2023
I like Harrison but let's be real. CP will want him dead when he gets bullrushed by Khalil Mack.
When he’s a rookie making peanuts, I’ll give him a pass. A player who’s been in the league since 2018 and who wants to be the highest paid at his position gets held to a higher standard.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:43 PM 01-22-2023
Oh for sure. In year one he isn't going to be quite strong enough. I've compared him to Eric Fisher coming out. Athletic as hell but he's going to struggle with the bull rush for a couple of years. He may never be great with it but I think he's passable. Plus he won't be conceding the edge consistently to speed, which has been a major problem.

In either case, I'll be happy if KC at least works to fix RT if they are intent on keeping this Orlando kid.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:45 PM 01-22-2023
This year's tackle class looks eerily similar to 2021.

These may not be direct comps but I'm putting them here as, perhaps, a reference for draft position.

Paris Johnson - Penei Sewell (7)
Peter Skoronski - Rashawn Slater (13)
Broderick Jones - Alijah Vera-Tucker (14)
Jaelyn Duncan - Alex Leatherwood (17)
Anton Harrison - Christian Darrisaw (23)

In any event, I'd feel pretty comfortable getting one of Johnson, Skoronski, or Harrison right around 15. If you gotta go up to 10, it's probably similar to the trade for Mahomes (3rd and next year's 1). If you can keep the cost down a bit, maybe a 3rd and next year's 2, that might get you to 14/15.

I'm all about paying the draft capital to fix LT. It has to be done. Orlando Brown is NOT the answer.
I don’t want whichever one gruden would draft.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:48 PM 01-22-2023
Oh for sure. In year one he isn't going to be quite strong enough. I've compared him to Eric Fisher coming out. Athletic as hell but he's going to struggle with the bull rush for a couple of years. He may never be great with it but I think he's passable. Plus he won't be conceding the edge consistently to speed, which has been a major problem.

In either case, I'll be happy if KC at least works to fix RT if they are intent on keeping this Orlando kid.
I will GLADLY trade whatever OBJ brings in run blocking (not bloody much), for someone athletic enough to mirror speed rushers
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:50 PM 01-22-2023
Keep it up, Buffalo.

4 dudes plowing into your QB won't possibly have any consequences.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:50 PM 01-22-2023
Nobody. Cares. About. Hamlin.
[Reply]
Page 313 of 343
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317323 > Last »
Up