ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3114 of 4909
« First < 2114261430143064310431103111311231133114 311531163117311831243164321436144114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:29 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
My "owl on the branch' assessment of why this is happening...and the disingenuous media front stems from the sale of the team.

Your spoiled/entitled football brat owners put the team up for sale...Walton buying your team didn't happen overnight. Patton was still at their beckon call...he worked for them.

I think part of the negotiation was contingent on bringing in a "name brand" QB....they tried for Rodgers and he ultimately balked. Then you see Wilson in Goodell's SB suite...one months later, he's traded to the Donks. Three months later...Walton buys them for a record amount.

This was, IMO, the reason for the crazy-ass deal...Patton was doing as he was instructed...and Seattle took them to the cleaners. It wasn't a "football" move per se...it was facilitated as part of the sale. To make the team more appealing to a non-football business man like Walton (he cant even pronounce the commissioners name...think about that). The previous owners just clowned your entire fan-base....they got a record 4.6 billion and rode off into the sunset.

They've deliberately hamstrung your franchise for a few years...

Now Goodell/NFL corporate is disingenuously trying to over-hype the transaction...and have given the mouthpiece their narrative for the off-season. Kind of a "soft cover up". They want the fans to see this as a good "football move" thing...all the while it was really done solely for business purposes and to jack up the asking price.

Now...we'll see this manufactured pre-season hype filters into actual games/officiating ...inventing a success story for the new owner.
I dunno... the first 9 or 10 times I read this in previous posts weren't effective, but the narrative is developing better. Keep going and you might have be convinced.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:31 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I think the Broncos are gonna suck so bad this year.
You are correct in your assumption
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:32 PM 08-24-2022
I haven’t lurked any Broncos content. Do they even have an active board? Are Broncos fans expecting to finish first in the division?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:35 PM 08-24-2022
It doesnt help that they traded away Fant and Miller...and now Albert O seems to be on the bubble.

Patrick went down...could this be the first time Jeudy and Sutton last an entire season together? They produced all of 2 TDs in 27 combined games last year.

I think the mouthpieces just assumed Hackett was going to have them "firing on all cylinders" out of the gate....and the mere presence of Wilson would fix everything.
It really is almost unfathomable that they're hyping this as the most talent Wilson's ever had. TWO TDs by the top two receiving weapons? That's one game for Metcalf and Lockett. :-)

An OL that will probably fall somewhere between below average and average, and TEs that will likely be below average.

I guess we're supposed to believe that these guys are just waiting to explode with the right QB. They act like they had Tyler Palko throwing them the ball. Bridgewater went 11-5 with a mediocre Minnesota organization, and 5-0 a few years ago. I think it's rational to expect a liiiitle more production.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:44 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I haven’t lurked any Broncos content. Do they even have an active board? Are Broncos fans expecting to finish first in the division?
The mange was their last refuge. Now the few remaining donktards hang out on opposing teams boards and try to convince them how great the last place :-), who have lost their last 13 straight games to the Kansas City Chiefs, have no pro bowl players, have new first time coaches, a new system, declining qb, have finished last in their own division 6 years running and very little top tier talent are
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:04 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I dunno... the first 9 or 10 times I read this in previous posts weren't effective, but the narrative is developing better. Keep going and you might have be convinced.
I dont think you understand how disingenuous/slimy the NFL is...or how much behind the scenes finagling is going on.

Goodell wanted the ownership issue to be resolved...Walton didnt want to invest in a team with a void at QB...especially in the AFCW.

Rodgers was the play...and it's why you have Hackett as a HC. Moods being in Goodell's SB suite wasn't an accident...it was fall-back salesmanship/recruitment. They needed him to be onboard to move forward...as Rodgers declined.

Follow the time-line...

The fake hype ties into it...there is a deliberate agenda behind it. The football "experts" didn't just start uniformly lying out of nowhere.

You dont think your previous owners were smarmy enough to orchestrate this? I think it's exactly what they would do...to get as much $$ as possible.
[Reply]
mdstu 03:29 PM 08-24-2022
I dont think you understand how disingenuous/slimy the NFL is...or how much behind the scenes finagling is going on.
I think what he is trying to say is:

He heard you the first 20 times you said it.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:40 PM 08-24-2022
The Bronco defense doesn't have the bodies or the people to stop the run. The recipe to beat the Bronco will be easy for a team that can run the ball.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:42 PM 08-24-2022
The Bronco defense doesn't have the bodies or the people to stop the run. The recipe to beat the Bronco will be easy for a team that can run the ball.
Doesn't matter, a ref like Bill Vinovich can help you get to the SB and win it with the worst football players in the world.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:44 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Doesn't matter, a ref like Bill Vinovich can help you get to the SB and win it with the worst football players in the world.
I don't think Peyton Manning ever won a game that guy refereed
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:47 PM 08-24-2022
I don't think Peyton Manning ever won a game that guy refereed
No, but the Patriots did.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:49 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by mdstu:
I think what he is trying to say is:

He heard you the first 20 times you said it.
He should be hoping what I said is correct...it gives Patton an out for engineering such a ill-advised trade...that his hand was forced by previous ownership.

If MHM is capable of being pragmatic...he'd question why ownership, knowing they are currently in the process of selling the team, would sign off on a mega-trade impacting future ownership for years, right before the deal...unless this is what the prospective owner requested.

Walton is going to be on the dole for Wilson's $250 mil contract...yet the trade was announced a few months before the sale was finalized.

Essentially, Moobs was acquired as a chess piece to finalize the sale...not for actual strategic football reasons. The Rodgers/Hackett combo was the actual strategic play...that died...so they had to move on to plan B.

Now the NFL has to artificially inflate/promote the back-up plan...
[Reply]
staylor26 03:59 PM 08-24-2022
I guess KnowMo took a week vacation?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:04 PM 08-24-2022
That’s your reasoning?

The Chiefs have had poor run defense practically every year.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:15 PM 08-24-2022
He should be hoping what I said is correct...it gives Patton an out for engineering such a ill-advised trade...that his hand was forced by previous ownership.

If MHM is capable of being pragmatic...he'd question why ownership, knowing they are currently in the process of selling the team, would sign off on a mega-trade impacting future ownership for years, right before the deal...unless this is what the prospective owner requested.

Walton is going to be on the dole for Wilson's $250 mil contract...yet the trade was announced a few months before the sale was finalized.

Essentially, Moobs was a acquired as a chess piece to finalize the sale...not for actual strategic football reasons. The Rodgers/Hackett combo was the actual strategic play...that died...so they had to move on to plan B.
I think it’s both… yes a quality QB makes the buy more attractive. They also needed a better QB, so they got one.
[Reply]
Page 3114 of 4909
« First < 2114261430143064310431103111311231133114 311531163117311831243164321436144114 > Last »
Up