ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3108 of 4915
« First < 2108260830083058309831043105310631073108 310931103111311231183158320836084108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:33 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
In the only series Quinn Meinerz played this preseason - against the Bills’ first team DL - Denver averaged 4.3 yards per carry. What do you think is going to happen when we plug in the rest of our starting OL and Javonte f’ing Williams?
Guess what? RBs are becoming irrelevant. This isn’t 1945 anymore. KC and Buffalo are arguably the best teams in the AFC and their run games are MEH at best. The LAR won the SB last year and it was not because of their vaunted run offense. No one cares about Javonte outside of Denver fans and fantasy football people.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:34 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
What make you think your running game will better than last year? You have the same mediocre OL...it took Williams breaking a shit-ton of first contact just to have an average YPC.

I think he's a good RB...one of the 2-3 players that would improve the Chiefs off your entire team.
We nearly had two 1,000 yard rushers last year. Imagine how deadly our running game will be now that teams have to respect the best deep passer in the league.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:35 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
They're going to finish last. Again.
If their pre-season coaching is any indication...you may be correct.

NFL Corporate has a hard-on for appeasing powerful owners...I'll be keeping track of drive sustaining penalties/ game altering calls for the Donks ...down and distance, overall score at the time, point spread, over/under...and if the fouls were warranted.

They have a number of prime-time games later in the year...if they are as bad as I think they are going to be...it'll take some real behind the scenes work to keep them relevant.
[Reply]
TEX 09:38 AM 08-23-2022
We nearly had two 1,000 yard rushers last year. Imagine how deadly our running game will be now that teams have to respect the best deep passer in the league.
Won't matter. You'll still finish last.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:42 AM 08-23-2022
I want the media to keep artificially hyping the Walton Donks...words are cheap. I want their fans to have hope...then watch reality slowly eat their souls.

There arent enough illegal contact penalties to bail them out...flags sustained two of their initial drives but only netted 6 points.

Anyone that watched them last weekend knows they'll be lucky if they are even marginally improved. That was a poorly coached team...it was kind of shocking. I think Fangio was masking some real deficiencies on their defense.

Losing Patrick and Fant is going to have an effect. They led their team in TDs...and Albert O might not even make the final 53. They are averaging less than 2 YPC in consecutive games...and their starting OL is bottom 5 in pass protection...all of this isn't painting a very positive picture.

Wilson without a top running game and a leaky OL is not how you win with him....
It's truly comical that people are arguing that Wilson has an embarrassment of riches. They lost two of the three most productive receiving weapons from a bad offense and are returning a total of 4 TDs among their core receivers.

Reality: They have a WR corps that hasn't accomplished squat but has decent potential, nobodies at TE, and talented RBs who probably won't be hugely productive due to a weak line.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:45 AM 08-23-2022
"Imagine" a QB that used to be mobile...who's game was predicated on buying time behind a new OL that was 27th in sacks allowed per dropback? That was playing a last place schedule too. Imagine trying to make this QB into a pocket passer?

Your WRs dont scare anyone...no matter what the NFL puppets try to sell. Wilson needs a valid play-action to be a threat...1.9 YPC over two games isnt going get anyone to bite.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:50 AM 08-23-2022
Let us know when you get the "best deep passer in the league "
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:57 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Let us know when you get the "best deep passer in the league "
Weird, it seems like you would have heard that the Broncos traded for Wilson.

"Far and away the best deep passer has been Russell Wilson."

https://bestballstats.com/2021/08/25...-deep-passers/
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:06 AM 08-23-2022
Russ, Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Javonte, Gordon, Albert O and Dulcich are going to GO OFF this year

:-)

[Reply]
BlackOp 10:08 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

If I were a DC...I'd dare the Donks to try to run it on me...and focus on the outside thirds of the filed. Make Wilson nickle and dime over the middle...

AFCW has some good pass rushers...and Wilson holds the ball looking for the hero ball.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:10 AM 08-23-2022
Here's what a recent Broncos report looks like:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Under a beautiful azure Colorado sky, the Broncos’ offense was ugly for a while Thursday morning.

During a red-zone period, both the first- and second-team offense couldn’t find the end zone once. Pressure poured in on Russell Wilson. At one point, the defense logged what would have been a sack in game conditions, but given the chance to extend the play, he fired for the pylon … and Ronald Darby intercepted the pass.

“Those first two periods, that was all defense,” Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett.

But it was also the offense breaking down.

“The defense is playing really well, and the offense has to step up. That wasn’t good enough. They didn’t do good enough,” Hackett said, rattling off mental errors, missed blocks and drops as things that went awry.

“And it wasn’t just one guy,” Hackett added. “It was a combination of everybody.”

Then, after the period, Wilson gathered the entire offense. And when it was time for a two-minute, move-the-ball period, Wilson opened by hitting Brandon Johnson down the left sideline for a 39-yard connection, setting up a touchdown.

This is how I expect their games vs KC to go. Denver's O sputters and fails to reach the endzone in the first 3-4 series. Suddenly, Wilson completes a bomb down the sideline and Knowmo has a gif posted within minutes, along with the obligatory :-)

Before Broncos fans have finished high-fiving and shaking their heads, Mahomes has engineered another methodical TD drive for a two score lead.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:35 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
“And it wasn’t just one guy,” Hackett added. “It was a combination of everybody.”
Weird...he just said the same thing about the defense in the Bills game.

I said a few weeks ago...everything would have to break almost perfect for the Donks out of the gate. Scheme working on both sides of the ball...Wilson looking in sync with the offense.

It looks like is going to be ruff sledding for both sides...especially with no real game-speed implementation. It's almost like they know it's not ready and are intentionally trying to hide it as long as possible.

Not attempting to iron out some kinks in a preseason game is bizarre...waiting for when the games matter to do it. Maybe it'll get a few more suckers to invest in season ticket licenses.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:40 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

Well, if a random blogger said it a year ago, it must be true…
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:44 AM 08-23-2022
If I were a DC...I'd dare the Donks to try to run it on me...and focus on the outside thirds of the filed. Make Wilson nickle and dime over the middle...

AFCW has some good pass rushers...and Wilson holds the ball looking for the hero ball.
Dare them... hell, with Williams and Gordon at RB, I see a whole lot of focus on those RBs and Williams is a nice receiving threat. Denver was the best rushing offense in the AFCW last year and with Williams going into Y2, he will be the focal point. They have the makings of a 2,400 yard rushing duo and that will go a long way to open things up for the passing game. And, it keeps the defense fresh.

They'll struggle at times, no doubt about it. But, there is a lot of upside in what that offense can produce. And, considering the teams they'll face, they will need that running game to set the tone to keep those prolific offenses on the sideline as long as they can.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:56 AM 08-23-2022
I just want to reiterate how strange it is the the Donks have to play Seattle in their first game.

Patton's entire credibility is on the line in week one. Normally...you wouldn't face the team you essentially banked the next 3-4 years on in a trade.

He HAS to be sweating bullets...and might be part of the reason for not letting the starters play. That's a lot of pressure on everyone within the organization...

If Seattle wins with Geno Smith...and Wilson looks out of sync....hoo-boy. The national/local press will have some fun.
[Reply]
Page 3108 of 4915
« First < 2108260830083058309831043105310631073108 310931103111311231183158320836084108 > Last »
Up