View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 310 of 343
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:53 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
OMG every line has holes if they have talent anywhere else on the roster.
just answering the 'drift' question, and making no other judgement.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:56 AM 01-22-2023
I've never liked Brown for an Andy Reid offense, I've been clear about that since it first became known that he was going to be available.

I think he would have value to several teams that run the ball and play-action pass.

That's not really what we do here.

It would be my hope that Veach tags and trades him, re-coups the 2nd in worth we spent for him, drafts an Anton Harrison to replace him and signs a RT. Or the reverse.

Watching Patrick hobble is not okay, I don't care who's fault it is. Keeping him healthy is EVERYTHING.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:02 AM 01-22-2023
He clearly isn't getting the job done out there, and now the all-world QB he was being paid to protect has a bad wheel due to his below average play. Tell him the team needs him at right tackle next season and offer him a contract worthy of the spot or wash your hands of him.

And also, OBJ and his soulmate agent are fucking idiots that cost themselves millions with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:28 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've never liked Brown for an Andy Reid offense, I've been clear about that since it first became known that he was going to be available.

I think he would have value to several teams that run the ball and play-action pass.

That's not really what we do here.
Do such teams really exist anymore? Chicago? I just don't think he's a LT in today's NFL.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:30 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I find it really hard to blame OBJ for Mahomes injury when

1 - OBJ pushed the pass rushers out and around Mahomes.

2 - Mahomes took 5 steps back in shot gun and was 10 yards from the LOS at one point.

3 - Mahomes had 4 seconds to get rid of the ball.

4 - Thuney was pushed 5-6 yards back and into the pocket. Hell you can see Mahomes try to go left but runs into Thuney and even kinda trips because he stepped on Thuney's heel.

I know you all wanna find a reason to shit on him, but this is maybe 5-10% on OBJ.
I don't agree with you often, but this is spot on... OBJ washed Arden Key up field and then continued to wash him to the other side of the pocket. You can hate OBJ, but to blame him for Pat's injury is just being obtuse when it comes to football.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:33 AM 01-22-2023
CP is never going to like any LT as the expectation will be to hold the rusher for 7 seconds or he's a piece of shit bust.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:36 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Do such teams really exist anymore? Chicago? I just don't think he's a LT in today's NFL.
Tons of them.

Jets, Titans, Baltimore, Steelers, Giants, Commanders, just off the top of my head.

Basically any team that doesn't have a top 5 QB still has to play this way to win.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:37 AM 01-22-2023
:-) Just stop. No one was harping on Brown nearly as badly last year, except for his ridiculous contract demands. It's been a lot worse this season because he's been a far worse player compared to last season.
[Reply]
TEX 10:38 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
CP is never going to like any LT as the expectation will be to hold the rusher for 7 seconds or he's a piece of shit bust.
Not true. But 2 seconds in OBJ's case would be good.
[Reply]
TEX 10:40 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He isn't good. He should be replaced for a better one. Veach knows this.
This guy gets it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:00 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not true. But 2 seconds in OBJ's case would be good.
Bullshit. CP hated Fisher, too.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:05 AM 01-22-2023
Bullshit. CP hated Fisher, too.
He was a case of "don't know what you got, until its gone" and we ended up kinda missing him

But no one is going to miss OBJ, at all
[Reply]
mkp785 11:05 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, there's a reason why Mahomes was drifting so far back. He was trying to compensate for his OTs getting manhandled on every passing snap prior.
He's always done that. Mahomes likes to freelance. He's Brett Favre, but better imo. Still, he likes to do that. Mahomes is never gonna just sit in the pocket like a Peyton Manning.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:05 AM 01-22-2023
I would be perfectly fine with a player of his caliber who was making reasonable money. What you can't have is his performance at $25 million a year. If a rookie comes in and gives a comparable performance on a rookie contract, that allows KC to allocate that money to more talent elsewhere.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:07 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He was a case of "don't know what you got, until its gone" and we ended up kinda missing him

But no one is going to miss OBJ, at all
OP has a hard on for OBJ, so there's one who will miss him. Dipshit would have Veach give in to his contract demands with a 6-year, $150 million contract.
[Reply]
Page 310 of 343
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320 > Last »
Up