ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 34
« First < 212728293031 323334 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:14 PM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No he does not.

Jeez, you guys with your hyperbole.
This place is nuts with the shit they latch on to. DJ just layed out a good case and everyones igonoring it and acting like the fucking skys on fire and falling without Smith.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:20 PM 01-08-2024
No he does not.

FWIW, Reid did compliment Morris in the postgame Presser
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:24 PM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean it really is a question of how much weight you put on the LV game.

Because really, 12 pressures in 4 games is tolerable. It'll play. Especially for a rookie mid-rounder; it shows someone who may grow into a solid LT.

10 of those 22 pressures game in that Raiders game where I wouldn't have been noticeably worse than he was. Was that game so incredibly awful that it should supersede anything he's done in the games around it? Because around that game, notably the Bengals, Packers and Patriot games, he's been starting caliber. Needs a little help still, but someone you can put in there, plan around and run a good offense.
I thought he held up well against Trey Hendrickson, too, who is a premier RE.

He hasn't learned how to lose slowly yet. If he can do that, Morris could be a solid starter.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:18 PM 01-08-2024
No he does not.

Go back and watch the Raiders and Bengals games dipshit
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:19 PM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Every passing play, huh?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:21 PM 01-08-2024
I've said this the whole time outside of one game. He's been next level awful. An absolute turnstile.
Has he?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:22 PM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
This place is nuts with the shit they latch on to. DJ just layed out a good case and everyones igonoring it and acting like the fucking skys on fire and falling without Smith.
Speaking of Smith, any updates?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:23 PM 01-08-2024
SOMEBODY is a dipshit.

It ain't me.

Morris had a shit game against the Raiders. The entire OL had a shit game against the Raiders, even Humphrey. All of them. Should we shitcan ALL of them? Or do we chalk it up as a bad day?

Morris did pretty well against Hendrickson in the Bengals game. He got him a few times, but overall, Morris held his own.

If you expect a rookie LT to stonewall a guy that had what, 17 sacks for an entire game then your expectations are absurd.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:29 PM 01-08-2024
SOMEBODY is a dipshit.

It ain't me.

Morris had a shit game against the Raiders. The entire OL had a shit game against the Raiders, even Humphrey. All of them. Should we shitcan ALL of them? Or do we chalk it up as a bad day?

Morris did pretty well against Hendrickson in the Bengals game. He got him a few times, but overall, Morris held his own.

If you expect a rookie LT to stonewall a guy that had what, 17 sacks for an entire game then your expectations are absurd.
I don't expect him to be the second coming of Orlando Pace, just not to get his shit pushed in on every down. Which HE DOES.

They eventually started shifting protection TO THAT SIDE against the Bengals because it was clear he couldn't do it by himself. Go watch the damn game.

I'm also not saying that he can't develop into a solid player. I am saying 100% we cannot go to the SB and win it with him starting. Facts.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:30 PM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I thought he held up well against Trey Hendrickson, too, who is a premier RE.

He hasn't learned how to lose slowly yet. If he can do that, Morris could be a solid starter.
They shifted protection to help him after he was getting beat badly early in the game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:33 PM 01-08-2024
I don't expect him to be the second coming of Orlando Pace, just not to get his shit pushed in on every down. Which HE DOES.

They eventually started shifting protection TO THAT SIDE against the Bengals because it was clear he couldn't do it by himself. Go watch the damn game.

I'm also not saying that he can't develop into a solid player. I am saying 100% we cannot go to the SB and win it with him starting. Facts.
He does NOT. That's a wild exaggeration. There are no FACTS in that statement at all.

The Raiders game was bad, nobody argues that.

The Bengals game was NOT bad, at all considering he was one on one with a guy that's been a holy terror all year. The other games, he's been serviceable.

You're wildly exaggerating because you don't have a leg to stand on otherwise.

And Orlando Brown ****ing sucks for a pass first offense, as The Bengals found out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:34 PM 01-08-2024
They shifted protection to help him after he was getting beat badly early in the game.
they gave an occasional chip. Once again, you're exaggerating.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:35 PM 01-08-2024
He does NOT. That's a wild exaggeration. There are no FACTS in that statement at all.

The Raiders game was bad, nobody argues that.

The Bengals game was NOT bad, at all considering he was one on one with a guy that's been a holy terror all year. The other games, he's been serviceable.

You're wildly exaggerating because you don't have a leg to stand on otherwise.

And Orlando Brown ****ing sucks for a pass first offense, as The Bengals found out.
I said Orlando Pace. Reading is hard.

We shifted protection after the sack he gave up. Go watch the game.

Which was a smart move but my point is, he is clearly outmached and Hendrickson, while really good, isn't Garrett.

I'll stand by what I've said. We won't sniff the SB with Morris starting.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:39 PM 01-08-2024
I said Orlando Pace. Reading is hard.

We shifted protection after the sack he gave up. Go watch the game.

Which was a smart move but my point is, he is clearly outmached and Hendrickson, while really good, isn't Garrett.

I'll stand by what I've said. We won't sniff the SB with Morris starting.
We're probably not going to the Super Bowl for any number of reasons.

I watched the game. And I don't have to make wild exaggerations and make up stuff to prop up my argument.

As DJ posted, statistically, if you want to weigh the Raiders game heavily and judge on that, yeah, he's a real problem. Of course, the entire offensive line had their worst game as a group. So, take that however you want, I guess.

Other than that admittedly poor game, he's been serviceable. This is a fact, backed up statistics beyond just a guy who likes to call people who disagree with him dipshits on a message board's opinion.
[Reply]
srvy 03:18 PM 01-08-2024
No he does not.

The guardian of the man code gets a little carried away. Chiefs Planets chicken little.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 34
« First < 212728293031 323334 >
Up