ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 35
« First < 212728293031 32333435 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Charles Omenihu
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:43 PM 03-14-2023

Breaking: FA DT Charles Omenihu is signing a two-year, $20M max deal with the #Chiefs, sources tell @theScore.

He's coming off his best season, tallying 16 quarterback hits and 28 initial pressures with #49ers. Omenihu's only 25 years old.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 15, 2023

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 01:35 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
You can take the player out of the Whiners..
Ya know, every once in awhile you say something coherent/entertaining. The rest of the time I’m completely lost. But, this was pretty good.
[Reply]
O.city 01:37 PM 02-26-2024
He'll be extended or released.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:43 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
He'll be extended or released.
You think so? I could maybe see a release but not an extension. I think they're perfectly content to let him play out his second year for peanuts even if they only have him for half the season and the playoffs.

Doesn't he have to pass a physical to be released, though? How would that work with the injury?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:28 PM 02-26-2024
Yeah my jaw nearly hit the floor seeing him bitching already, just an appalling lack of self awareness about his circumstances

As others have already said, I fully expect Veach to get whatever he can out of the guy next season, and quickly move on from someone already crying about money

If you suddenly don't like your lot in life with the World Champions... you can coal mine, moonshine, or take it on down the line
[Reply]
Basileus777 04:34 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Geez, I thought there was talk of possibly extending him? Can't he keep his mouth shut until he maybe gets a whiff of what they have in mind?
He's not interested in a team friendly deal, he's frustrated he got hurt before his contract year.
[Reply]
O.city 04:35 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
You think so? I could maybe see a release but not an extension. I think they're perfectly content to let him play out his second year for peanuts even if they only have him for half the season and the playoffs.

Doesn't he have to pass a physical to be released, though? How would that work with the injury?
Yeah, they can save money with a cut, he probably isn't gonna play much this year until Nov/December anyway and isn't likely to be 100%.

If he wants to bitch about it, let him try to find a deal on the market.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 04:54 PM 02-26-2024

Don't know if I'd call a almost 11 million cap hit for a dude with a bum knee peanuts
[Reply]
Warpaint69 04:55 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, they can save money with a cut, he probably isn't gonna play much this year until Nov/December anyway and isn't likely to be 100%.

If he wants to bitch about it, let him try to find a deal on the market.
Save $8.24 million with a $3.75 dead if released
[Reply]
O.city 04:55 PM 02-26-2024
He wants to be paid like the class below Nick Bosa. He's not signing a team friendly type thing here in KC, cut him lose.
[Reply]
O.city 04:55 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
That 8 million would buy you a nice DE on the market.
[Reply]
kcclone 05:10 PM 02-26-2024
He’s a big boy, and knows how it works in the NFL. We got him cheap because of his own doing. Now he’s hurt (bad luck).

It sucks for him, but you’re not getting paid in that situation and he should know that.

Keep that chip on your shoulder and prove it again next year and someone will pay him.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:18 PM 02-26-2024

He can be released.

See, e.g., Eric Fisher.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:18 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Dang, that might be the move to make. No offense Charles, but we’re trying to 3-peat here. We need that 8 million for a guy who will be on the field.

Then again, he did come up huge in the playoffs when healthy. Tough call, wonder how they will approach it.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:37 PM 02-26-2024
I’m afraid that young man may have talked himself right off the team.
[Reply]
Bump 06:17 PM 02-26-2024
let him ball out for us next year (idk how his injury might affect next season though) and someone else can give him a huge contract.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 35
« First < 212728293031 32333435 >
Up