ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 258
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
tredadda 08:52 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Thornhill gets way more hate than he deserves. Both outside of here and on this board.
I think that is because it took him longer to recover from his injury than most thought it would. When healthy he was really good for us, but as is the nature of being a great team he is expendable.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:55 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Joey Porter Jr, fastest 40 on IG. When the question was Draft his answer…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cpf6F...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
What a great time to be a fan of this team. They have become the go to destination for so many because of the winning, coaching, and atmosphere.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:56 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
On a more serious note, are we bringing Houston home?
I would love that.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:59 AM 03-09-2023
Houston is a great fit for adding a vet DL ring chaser.

Bring him home.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:05 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:

Lamar Jackson getting the Eric Bienemy treatment. HOW CAN YOU NOT PAY THIS MVP CALIBER QB? HOW CAN SO MANY TEAMS BE PUBLICLY OUT ON THE MOST ELECTRIFYING (you're required to say "electrifying") PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY. WHY CAN'T THIS MAN GET A TEAM TO COMMIT TO HIM

Um, maybe it's because he's asking for guarantees that exceed the Watson contract and you have people like Daniel Jones breaking the market, and most teams don't want to screw themselves for a guy who isn't good enough to win in the postseason?
The good news is that those who don't just default to race or are ratings chasing talking heads know why he hasn't been signed. No team is going to give up multiple 1st rounders along with his rumored contract demands for a QB that is electric, but limited. He's one that has missed multiple games two years in a row. Once his legs are gone his limitations as a passer will show more. Teams don't want to take that gamble.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:06 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Houston is a great fit for adding a vet DL ring chaser.

Bring him home.
Would love to bring him home. Not sure if the bridge is burned with him or not after our first AFCCG.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
On a more serious note, are we bringing Houston home?
I still get the impression that the organization and Houston parted on pretty bad terms.

I've never gotten the feeling that either side is interested in a reunion.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Lamar Jackson getting the Eric Bienemy treatment. HOW CAN YOU NOT PAY THIS MVP CALIBER QB? HOW CAN SO MANY TEAMS BE PUBLICLY OUT ON THE MOST ELECTRIFYING (you're required to say "electrifying") PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY. WHY CAN'T THIS MAN GET A TEAM TO COMMIT TO HIM

Um, maybe it's because he's asking for guarantees that exceed the Watson contract and you have people like Daniel Jones breaking the market, and most teams don't want to screw themselves for a guy who isn't good enough to win in the postseason?
I actually think you CAN win a championship with Lamar Jackson.

But the lane is damn narrow and the kind of team you have to build is pretty specifically tailored to him. You'll need a top 5 TE, a strong running game, a powerful OL and a defense that at the very least starts strong.

Because in any given game, he's a nasty matchup. And yeah, I think he very easily could have a year where things just fall right and he at least makes a SB.

That's not the case with Daniel Jones.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:26 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Keenan Allen isn't going to be cut I guess.

The Chargers GM was pretty upfront he didn't wanna cut Allen at the combine.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:28 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I actually think you CAN win a championship with Lamar Jackson.

But the lane is damn narrow and the kind of team you have to build is pretty specifically tailored to him. You'll need a top 5 TE, a strong running game, a powerful OL and a defense that at the very least starts strong.

Because in any given game, he's a nasty matchup. And yeah, I think he very easily could have a year where things just fall right and he at least makes a SB.

That's not the case with Daniel Jones.
So basically Baltimore then.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Chargers GM was pretty upfront he didn't wanna cut Allen at the combine.
Glad to hear it.

Keep shoveling money into the furnace here, fellas. A 31 yr old WR w/ a history of lower body injuries is surely a GREAT investment.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 03-09-2023

Chargers GM Tom Telesco had previously made it very clear he was not trading Keenan Allen. This restructure is another reminder of that.

Allen and Williams are under contract through 2024. Their new 2024 cap numbers:

Allen: $34.7175M
Williams: $32.46M https://t.co/sELem3SWsf

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 9, 2023

[Reply]
notorious 09:32 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
:-)

Perfect.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Absolutely.

They're not gonna win 3 or 4 with him or anything because we've seen in their playoff runs that their path to victory is so narrow that it doesn't take much to take it off the rails.

But Baltimore would be one of maybe 5-6 teams in any given year that I think would have a legitimate shot at a championship? Obviously there's KC. I think Cincy and Buffalo still have open windows, though Buffalo's window is closing. The Eagles and maybe the 49ers out of the NFC?

I mean it's just not a long list of teams who can enter the season with legitimate SB aspirations. And every year 1 team jumps up while another falls off.

I think for 3-4 more seasons the Ravens, if they retain Jackson, could genuinely enter the season setting a SB appearance as a makeable goal.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:35 AM 03-09-2023
Saw the report about David Montgomery preferring us (apparently he loved Nagy).

You know, I wouldn’t mind him at all if the price was right. He is one elusive slippery little bastard that is quite good catching the ball.

[Reply]
Page 31 of 258
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up