ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 247
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:33 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Bills fans by and large think Mahomes is who he is because of the system, they think he runs up his TD totals with passes that shouldn’t count as TD passes (I’ve seen them propose new stats for it), they think we are the luckiest team ever and get all the ref breaks, they consistently say Mahomes is the luckiest QB with missing INTs, we don’t care about morals and support abusers, and they absolutely love claiming Mahomes never makes challenging or contested throws and that his guys are always schemed wide open.

The lesson here is if you want to continue liking the Bills don’t read anything that 90% of their fan base says about the Chiefs players and organization.
Bills fans are similar to Chiefs fans in some ways. Decades of futility have led to an inferiority complex that is proving difficult to shake. The primary symptoms are an obsession with what the media and other teams' fan bases are saying about you, and a gripping fear that it's all going to fall apart at any moment.

You can spot a victim by the way he is constantly trying to convince himself that other teams' successes are smoke and mirrors, but his team's success is real and durable (even though his words tell you that he secretly doubts this).
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:40 AM 09-21-2022
The NFC is okay at the top, but the AFC is much deeper.

Now when Rodgers/Brady retire or decline, it's going to be insanely imbalanced.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The NFC is okay at the top, but the AFC is much deeper.

Now when Rodgers/Brady retire or decline, it's going to be insanely imbalanced.
The Bucs and Packers have more holes this year than they did in previous years. Rams too.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:43 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Bucs and Packers have more holes this year than they did in previous years. Rams too.
Bucs are dealing with a ton of injuries.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Bucs are dealing with a ton of injuries.
And Tom Brady being a punk bitch.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:45 AM 09-21-2022
I would expect the Bills to grudge f@ck the Chiefs early in the year. Playoffs who knows? Injuries plus the maturation of the Chiefs last few draft classes will surely be a different team in January. I never cared much for a team that peaks in September, but Buff looks like the real deal to me, and we all agree they are starving.
[Reply]
the steam 11:55 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Bills fans by and large think Mahomes is who he is because of the system, they think he runs up his TD totals with passes that shouldn’t count as TD passes
That isn't entirely false. If the Bears gm had more than a room temperature IQ and properly drafted Mahomes who knows how it works out. It's completely unprovable but I doubt he would have won any SB's or MVPs, but I still think he would be a top tier NFL QB.

As far as stat padding goes that has always been one of Andy's trademarks going back to his days in Philly. Passing in goal line situations when it is completely unnecessary. But it is a copy cat league and now pretty much everyone does that so what's the big deal? Rodgers comes out shotgun empty on 1st and goal from the 3, Vince Lombardi would turn over in his grave. In 2022 QB stats are inflated for all teams not just us.

I admit Mahomes has had a lot of dropped INTs but it is not unique to him. The last few years you see tons of dropped INTs league wide. You never used to see this happen so consistently and I have no clue what the cause of this is.

Bottom line is Bills fans can chirp about empty stats all they want, it is not gonna bring them a SB, that has to be done on the field and the Bills have yet to prove they can win the big game. Allen will put up monster numbers then shrink in the playoffs. Watch and see
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:55 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by JustRyan:
This was true in 2019. Not so much now.

Have you seen this video? 5 minutes of tight window Josh Allen throws

youtu.be/a8OwaLppkEE
I wasn't saying it never happens. The implication was that he's constantly throwing into tight windows and Mahomes never does. That's completely absurd. You could make a longer video of Mahomes doing this.

Along with a bunch of cross-body throws, side arm throws, and balls that sailed 70 yards through the air.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:56 AM 09-21-2022
And Tom Brady being a punk bitch.
When is he not?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
When is he not?
Great point.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:01 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I would expect the Bills to grudge f@ck the Chiefs early in the year. Playoffs who knows? Injuries plus the maturation of the Chiefs last few draft classes will surely be a different team in January. I never cared much for a team that peaks in September, but Buff looks like the real deal to me, and we all agree they are starving.
Ric Flair famously said “To be the man you have to beat the man”. Buffalo is on year three of hype as “the most dangerous team in the NFL”. Two years in a row they have failed to beat the man when it mattered most. Once they do that then they should get the mega hype they are currently getting. They are a really good team, just not an unstoppable juggernaut.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:03 PM 09-21-2022
Great point.
I will caveat that he is not as douch-y when he wins a SB and gets SB MVP honors because his defense bails him out.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:04 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I wasn't saying it never happens. The implication was that he's constantly throwing into tight windows and Mahomes never does. That's completely absurd. You could make a longer video of Mahomes doing this.

Along with a bunch of cross-body throws, side arm throws, and balls that sailed 70 yards through the air.
Sorry, didn't have time to watch the video... was watching 5 minutes of Alex Smith throwing the deep ball.
[Reply]
notorious 12:05 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Sorry, didn't have time to watch the video... was watching 5 minutes of Alex Smith throwing the deep ball.
:-)
[Reply]
notorious 12:07 PM 09-21-2022
I'm not going to throw shade on Allen. Opposition does that shit on Mahomes and it's horribly wrong.

Allen is a baller, and Buffalo is a damn good team that should be the favorite to win the SuperBowl.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 247
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up