Page 31 of 54
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:25 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wouldn't be Disney Star Wars without a ridiculous contrivance to move the plot along.

"That's right OBI-WAN KENOBI! I'm heading to TATOOINE! With a T! To check on that VERY SPECIAL BOY! It would really suck if the Empire were to hear this. That me, BAIL ORGANA, senator of ALDERAAN is conspiring with you, OBI-WAN KENOBI!! RENOWNED JEDI MASTER!!! And am now as we speak heading to TATOOINE to check on that VERY SPECIAL BOY who is definitely THE CHOSEN ONE!! BAIL ORGANA, SENATOR OF ALDERAAN, OUT!!!"
Luke's the Chosen Son
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:02 PM 06-15-2022
The flashbacks were done really well. There's always been a bit of a disconnect for me between Anakin and Vader. First time it's really felt like yes, they are one and the same.
My favorite part of the episode. A framing device that fit the structure of the story they were trying to tell in this one. The flashbacks were also tellingly depicted as Vader's memories rather than Obi-Wan's, which is also interesting.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:04 PM 06-15-2022
Wouldn't be Disney Star Wars without a ridiculous contrivance to move the plot along.

"That's right OBI-WAN KENOBI! I'm heading to TATOOINE! With a T! To check on that VERY SPECIAL BOY! It would really suck if the Empire were to hear this. That me, BAIL ORGANA, senator of ALDERAAN is conspiring with you, OBI-WAN KENOBI!! RENOWNED JEDI MASTER!!! And am now as we speak heading to TATOOINE to check on that VERY SPECIAL BOY who is definitely THE CHOSEN ONE!! BAIL ORGANA, SENATOR OF ALDERAAN, OUT!!!"
Pretty sure he also mentioned Owen's name as well, as if Organa couldn't make it any easier to figure out where to look if the message fell into the wrong hands :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:07 PM 06-15-2022
My guess is now the Third Sister sacrifices herself in some way in the finale to save Luke/Leia, figuring that their continued existence/force potential is the best way to get her final revenge on Vader.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:34 PM 06-15-2022
The flashbacks were done really well. There's always been a bit of a disconnect for me between Anakin and Vader. First time it's really felt like yes, they are one and the same.
I liked how they had Vader fight in the style of Anakin and not like old man Vader 10 years later.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:45 PM 06-15-2022
So apparently Andrew Stanton helped write the final 2 episode. Probably why as a whole this episode was vastly superior to everything that came before it.

Don't know if it was a fivehead play by Disney or they just accidentally stumbled onto flipping the concept of the female lead that gets pretty much everything unearned on its head but holy shit did it work either way. By the end I actually felt a bit bad for Reva because both Vader and Obi Wan used her as a pawn, unbeknownst to her, and she got absolutely wrecked for it. Just complete humiliation and everything she'd been accomplishing? Nope, Vader was pulling the strings all along.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:31 PM 06-15-2022
Best episode so far. Sure it had it's silly points, but overall very enjoyable.

A couple of things.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:53 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Spoiler!
I just saw that as Vader having so little respect for her/her skills and any potential for her to threaten him in the future that he doesn't care if she survives. He's letting her live with the shame of her failure.

Of course, I also expect his hubris in that regard to come back to bite him in E6.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:59 PM 06-15-2022
The robot sacrificial sheild got me in the feels. And then the next sacrificial play was done very well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:44 AM 06-16-2022
Unbelievably good episode.
Spoiler!

Has anyone noticed how each episode is mirroring an episode of the Skywalker saga?

Episode I: Strangers arrive on Tatooine. Kenobi meets/guards a young, gifted boy who lives his simple life with his family (Anakin/Luke).

Episode II: Kenobi hunts for the bounty hunters who have attacked a princess (Padme/Leia). The hunt leads through an urban cyberpunk planet (Coruscant/Daiyu).

Episode III: Kenobi faces off with Darth Vader. He gets burned in fire just as Vader got burned on Mustafar. Kenobi fails to rescue the child (Anakin/Leia). It's his low point.

Episode IV: Kenobi gets his act together and sets off to a military Imperial base to rescue Princess Leia (Death Star/Fortress Inquisitorius). The Imperials plant a homing beacon.

Episode V:
Spoiler!

Episode VI: There is still good in him/Obi-Wan once thought as you do? :-)

One thing I will say, they really need to quit with the shaky cam.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:49 AM 06-16-2022
That episode was so good I'm watching it again in 4k today.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:07 AM 06-16-2022
just gushing

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:31 AM 06-16-2022
Disney consistently drops the ball on this stuff the first time out.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 AM 06-16-2022
Can we now agree that Reva is a pretty damn good character?

Her actions and performance now line up completely with her motivations.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:04 AM 06-16-2022
oh man

YES

crossing my fingers for a KC showing

https://www.cineplex.com/movie/obiwa...-season-and-qa
[Reply]
Page 31 of 54
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up