ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cincinnati Bengals (AFC Championship Edition)
TLO 08:59 PM 01-23-2022
Discussion
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:11 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well it wasn't unexpected for me. I haven't seen Watts play anything but poorly on defense. I've been saying for a year that he was worthless and he pretty much proved that the other night.

That being said, even Thornhill got caught cheating up a couple of times, leading to big plays.

They just can't let that happen again, regardless of personnel.
I know live I was thinking that Sorenson was likely involved in the coverage breakdowns, especially when they were moving the DBs around in the zone. Usually, in that morphing/disguised zone look, it's Danny boy either blowing his assignment or just being too slow to hit his assignment that's the problem.

I actually like Watts a bit if you're using him in the box safety/dime hybrid LB role. He's fast, he can hit, he tackles well, and he seems to read things OK in those spots.

But I don't want the guy playing deep, at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:13 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I know live I was thinking that Sorenson was likely involved in the coverage breakdowns, especially when they were moving the DBs around in the zone. Usually, in that morphing/disguised zone look, it's Danny boy either blowing his assignment or just being too slow to hit his assignment that's the problem.

I actually like Watts a bit if you're using him in the box safety/dime hybrid LB role. He's fast, he can hit, he tackles well, and he seems to read things OK in those spots.

But I don't want the guy playing deep, at all.
The funny thing is, I don't remember Sorenson breaking down at all on Sunday. He did a respectable job all things considered. Everybody around him was just terrible.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 02:15 PM 01-27-2022
The funny thing is, I don't remember Sorenson breaking down at all on Sunday. He did a respectable job all things considered. Everybody around him was just terrible.
It's scary when Sorenson is arguably the best player in the secondary for ANY game. We need to tighten things up for Sunday.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:16 PM 01-27-2022
Sorenson is going to look good when he’s playing around the 4th safety and 4th/5th CBs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:17 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Sorenson is going to look good when he’s playing around the 4th safety and 4th/5th CBs.
Yep.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:19 PM 01-27-2022
We were going to go after Allen and confuse the hell out of him.

Instead, we had to play vanilla with backup players.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:20 PM 01-27-2022
Exactly.

We don't need to run the ball more and more importantly, we won't run the ball more. That's not what this team does.
Yep, I actually think the Chiefs should not concern themselves with ball control or trying to keep the ball away from Cincy's offense.

Be as aggressive as possible on offense, attacking Cincy's mediocre defense and put the pressure on Burrow/their offense to keep up with Mahomes in a high pressure playoff game, with a bad offensive line, in the loud Arrowhead environment, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yep, I actually think the Chiefs should not concern themselves with ball control or trying to keep the ball away from Cincy's offense.

Be as aggressive as possible on offense, attacking Cincy's mediocre defense and put the pressure on Burrow/their offense to keep up with Mahomes in a high pressure playoff game, with a bad offensive line, in the loud Arrowhead environment, etc.
The Chiefs need to play their game. If the Bengals are going to play cover 2, the TOP will come, as it has in most of the games down the stretch. They don't need to run the ball to do that - short passes accomplish the same thing and quite frankly, would you rather run a draw with McKinnon or a bubble screen to Hardman? I'll take the latter every time.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:25 PM 01-27-2022

All season the Chiefs were trying to figure out which runs would work best for their spread formations so Kelce can remain split out.

Against the Bills they sprinkled in a Y-Insert run play to much success. And it's a play I think they keep getting to against the Bengals. pic.twitter.com/Nhg7XVmQCG

— Nate Tice (@Nate_Tice) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:51 PM 01-27-2022
The big CEH run was on a 3-Te set, too. Where they have Kelce and Gray flexed into the slots.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:15 PM 01-27-2022
a three TE set in the shotgun and they are defending pass :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:17 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
a three TE set in the shotgun and they are defending pass :-)
Wait until a defense lines up against that set to stop the run and the Chiefs pass instead...
[Reply]
Danguardace 03:20 PM 01-27-2022
Chiefs going to lose according to Greg Rosenloser
[Reply]
eDave 03:24 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Chiefs going to lose according to Greg Rosenloser
"If it sounds like I'm trying to convince myself the Bengals have a shot this week, well, you nailed it! ...if I'm going to love the underdog to cover, I may as well go all the way."
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:26 PM 01-27-2022
Who has the biggest chance for an upset during Wild Card weekend? The Steelers over the Chiefs.

Do the Chiefs have a chance against the Bills? No way.

Win against the Bengals incoming.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up