ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 42
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Willie Gay booked for Damage to property [but he'll play]
Dante84 12:30 AM 01-20-2022
Booking attached.

Update below:

Willie will play on Sunday

Full quote from Andy Reid on Willie Gay: "I decided he’d play. I’m not going to get into the conversations. I’m not going to do that. I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard." https://t.co/muFit5wkAn

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 21, 2022

Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Attached: D648F019-EB02-4CBD-9E6E-79F4CE576C21.png (37.9 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:52 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by bobbything:
They also get federal money to enforce these types of situations. They could, instead, be incentivized to actually enforce DV laws when there's real violence against women rather than swinging the pendulum so far in the other direction.
Overcorrection is a cornerstone of 21st century American society. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:54 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I think that's part of the problem Willie's head is a little messed up by his own admission. I just hope he's getting the help he needs mental health is important
If he doesn’t play this weekend…it’s because of that. Not because of an off the field issue like wrecking a vacuum.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:55 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As I mentioned earlier, I know someone who happens to be white who punched a wall and damaged it during an argument with his SO.

He was charged and convicted of DV.

Many states and municipalities prosecute DV harshly - zero tolerance.

Why? Because there's too many cases where the cops do nothing because nobody was hurt and the victim later turns up seriously injured or even dead.
That's a trash method of law enforcement. We're concerned about crime X, so we go after laughable crime Y as if it's crime X, and we expect the public to be shocked and bereaved about crime Y as if it's crime X, even when victim Y was a damn Kirby vacuum cleaner.
[Reply]
kstater 04:55 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Oh...so the arrest report and charges brought are not correct? Where in them was it that he did anything more?

JFC.

Dude got pissed in an argument and broke some shit. Pretty fucking common. Why is that so hard to believe? Sometimes the story is just what is is.

No. I think that’s a likely outcome (at least I hope). But what I, and histimaque, and others, are arguing, is that from the cops perspective, arresting him for the vacuum, and getting him out of the situation, both to protect the woman from escalation, and protect him from escalating and making it worse for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:59 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
That's a trash method of law enforcement. We're concerned about crime X, so we go after laughable crime Y as if it's crime X, and we expect the public to be shocked and bereaved about crime Y as if it's crime X, even when victim Y was a damn Kirby vacuum cleaner.
Sorry man but when people die because of stuff like this, the powers that be are always going to overreact. Can't say that I like it but I understand why they do it and I understand why people would think it's warranted.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:01 PM 01-20-2022
And another thing to consider - not that I'm saying it's right but simply that it's a fact in our society - is litigation.

There are countless cases in this country where the authorities failed to act on a minor incident and the victim ended up seriously injured or dead. Those cases almost always end up in civil court with cities and states paying millions for perceived negligence.

In many ways, police departments are doing what they think they need to do to avoid additional trouble for all parties, including the American taxpayer.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:03 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And another thing to consider - not that I'm saying it's right but simply that it's a fact in our society - is litigation.

There are countless cases in this country where the authorities failed to act on a minor incident and the victim ended up seriously injured or dead. Those cases almost always end up in civil court with cities and states paying millions for perceived negligence.

In many ways, police departments are doing what they think they need to do to avoid additional trouble for all parties, including the American taxpayer.
All your points are well and good, but when you turn DV into a case of broken vacuum cleaners, every single person in the world is a criminal. It's too far. It loses the point, and it obfuscates the point, and it makes it a silly sideshow and it shouldn't be.
[Reply]
loochy 05:06 PM 01-20-2022
Since when can a MFer not break a vaccuum for fun?
[Reply]
kstater 05:06 PM 01-20-2022
All your points are well and good, but when you turn DV into a case of broken vacuum cleaners, every single person in the world is a criminal. It's too far. It loses the point, and it obfuscates the point, and it makes it a silly sideshow and it shouldn't be.

You also don’t have the benefit of what was said to the cops when they interviewed both Gay and his girlfriend. Generally speaking, they don’t just go in and arrest someone by just looking at a broken vacuum cleaner. There was likely cues they picked up on in the answers that led to believe it may be a domestic issue(not just domestic violence).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
eDave 05:10 PM 01-20-2022
I know of a guy who took a piss too close to a school, at night, and is now a registered sex offender as a result.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:12 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Since when can a MFer not breakfast a vaccuum for fun?
Do you at least pour some milk on it first? Or butter and maple syrup maybe?
[Reply]
wachashi 05:13 PM 01-20-2022
I can’t wait to listen to the true crime podcast detailing what happened on this fateful night.
[Reply]
njchiefs 05:16 PM 01-20-2022
My wife is an OCD cleaner. She has a different vacuum cleaner for every room in the house. I want to break every one of those m*%# f##%s.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:17 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
I know of a guy who took a piss too close to a school, at night, and is now a registered sex offender as a result.
I've heard that can happen too, and I'm in a way different part of the country than you are, so I'm inclined to believe it does happen. Imagine being the guy moving into the neighborhood and you gotta knock on your neighbor's door and say "I got drunk in college one time and pissed in public and so now I'm required to let you know that your young sons and daughters are in imminent danger, and if anything ever happens to them, I'm clearly the guy to start with. Cheers!"

True story eDave. I always heard those stories. So one time in college, I found myself having to pee so bad it was either soil my jeans or find a discreet place to do my business, regrettably, in public. I was scared cause I heard about it being a sex crime, but I couldn't soil myself ya know? Guess what happens? I get about 1/3 of the way midstream and the night sky lights up in lights of flashing red and blue. A cop has found me and I'm screwed. My heart sunk. I'm gonna be that guy.

What did I do? I pulled one of the biggest clutch moves of all time. I slightly turned my back on the heat while in the same motion tucking it back in and pulled my jacket over my waist to hide my unbuckled belt, and faced that officer with confidence. What, officer? What can I do for ya this fine evening?

I don't know how that didn't backfire but he let me go. There was a puddle where I was standing, but by the time that cop would have noticed, I was long gone.

These are the times we are living in.
[Reply]
penchief 05:17 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
My wife is an OCD cleaner. She has a different vacuum cleaner for every room in the house. I want to break every one of those m*%# f##%s.
Any tips on the best vacuum cleaner?
[Reply]
Page 31 of 42
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up