ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 86
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:31 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
It’s widely known to enhance Phish performances.
You'll need more than weed for that.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:32 AM 09-28-2021
I am reminded of the immortal words of the general from War Games - "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good."

Clearly we need to add some talent. Hope he works out.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:32 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...ijuana-policy/

While this is an old article, it appears Josh is/was required to abide by the old rules to be reinstated.
They can't expect him to abide by that if weed is legal here.

That's plain ridiculous.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:34 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Still cost the Olympic snowboarded his gold medal. Total BS. Probably burned one the night before. There is no way on the first of the earth that being high on weed is going to make your athletic performance better.

I'd say it helps you deal with the aches and pains of the season but if your using it before the game, you're an idiot.
Might help with anxiety maybe help you find the "zone" but enhanced speed, reflexes , motor it does not.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:38 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I am reminded of the immortal words of the general from War Games - "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good."

Clearly we need to add some talent. Hope he works out.
Never hurts to add more talent, but he won't fix what ails this team. KC should and would be 3-0 if they stopped turning the ball over at a prolific rate and at the wrong times. They fix that and they can overcome some of the other issues, but having a healthy Gordon does make this team more lethal on offense.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 08:39 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
They can't expect him to abide by that if weed is legal here.

That's plain ridiculous.
Dude. No one expects him to abide by it. Still, he will be held to it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:41 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Never hurts to add more talent, but he won't fix what ails this team. KC should and would be 3-0 if they stopped turning the ball over at a prolific rate and at the wrong times. They fix that and they can overcome some of the other issues, but having a healthy Gordon does make this team more lethal on offense.
well sorry to break it to you - but not only do you not know - nobody knows exactly how this addition will impact KC's offense. Let it play out...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:48 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He's not a panacea that fixes all issues on the team, but if he's a solution to one of them (difficulty beating tight man press coverage), that's one fewer to worry about.

Having a large, physical receiver with some speed who can catch the ball in tight windows and wall guys off on slants and digs can only help.

Hopefully he has some things left in the tank and gives them another option when teams are pressing up.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:58 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
In these highlights from just a few years ago (2018, 2019), Gordon looked even better than I remember. This is better stuff than we saw from Watkins in his time with KC: https://youtu.be/dWW3bbBBWnc

I’m cautiously excited. Not gonna suspend him for weed so stay off the PEDs and it’s all about catching TDs.
Jesus the protection and pocket at 1:00 is ridiculous. Would love to see Patrick get that kind of pass pro.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:05 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He's not a panacea that fixes all issues on the team, but if he's a solution to one of them (difficulty beating tight man press coverage), that's one fewer to worry about.

Having a large, physical receiver with some speed who can catch the ball in tight windows and wall guys off on slants and digs can only help.

Hopefully he has some things left in the tank and gives them another option when teams are pressing up.
Would be nice to not have to rely on gimmicks in the red zone, I love a shovel pass to a o- linemen as much as the next guy but sometimes I rather go traditional.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:09 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Would be nice to not have to rely on gimmicks in the red zone, I love a shovel pass to a o- linemen as much as the next guy but sometimes I rather go traditional.
I love a shovel pass to Remmers. Awesome play and I'd like to see more plays like it. When we're up 35-10 with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:10 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I’d love to see some of those 4 TE sets in the red zone.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 09:23 AM 09-28-2021
Who long until he sees the field? Can he be ready this week?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:37 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Agreed. Having him can't hurt. It won't fix our biggest issues, but any additional talent is a plus. Again, we are far closer to 3-0 than many people think. We haven't been blown out at all this year. Since the 4th QTR of the Ravens game we have 5-6 turnovers (can't remember which quarter in the Ravens game Mahomes threw the INT). Hard to won like that, and even in spite of it we still could have won both those games.

Bringing in Gordon is a Veach move and I fully believe he would have done it even if we were 3-0. We did it with Bell last year even when we finished with the best record in the NFL.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:38 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Who long until he sees the field? Can he be ready this week?
I read somewhere that it'll likely be 2 weeks before he sees the field
[Reply]
Page 31 of 86
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up