ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 56
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:56 PM 06-15-2023
:-) what an odd couple

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:54 PM 06-15-2023

Didn’t expect to cry during Dial of Destiny and while I knew I’d probably like it, I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did. #IndianaJones pic.twitter.com/CgvlwOmBRt

— Blast Points (@blast_points) June 15, 2023

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:47 PM 06-15-2023
I just read Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny.

Great tale. Unlike this upcoming movie.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:17 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Watch the video. It's a solid movie IJ fans are going to love.

You can't re-invent the wheel in a franchise's 5th iteration.

He also confirmed that DOESN'T happen.

You are truly obsequious to Kathleen Kennedy
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:40 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
U GAIS

#IndianaJones AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY delighted me. I remain a devout LAST CRUSADE girl, but this one is fun and crazy with nonstop action and some genuine surprises and a neat story. Do you like Indiana Jones? You’ll like this one.— Kate Erbland (@katerbland) June 8, 2023

I really dug #IndianaJones and the Dial of Destiny! A far better and more impactful finale than Crystal Skull. Harrison Ford still effortlessly embodies this character. Takes some wild swings some will likely hate, but I did not.— Eric Goldman (@TheEricGoldman) June 8, 2023

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny made me feel like I was 9 years old again. Just a fun, nostalgic, action packed blast. As good as the first 3? God no. A film that feels wholly in the language of those with some whole new twists? Hell yes. pic.twitter.com/puYbnmFRF8— Germain Lussier (@GermainLussier) June 8, 2023

Okay so I just saw INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY and I had a GREAT time. The plot is in-****ing-sane and I was into all of it. I just spent two hours laughing and clapping.— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) June 8, 2023

Mike Ryan is a big chiefs fan and I think from KC. I generally like what he has liked. Hope that's the case here. He keeps saying the plot is audacious but he was into it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:23 PM 06-15-2023
This truly feels like if you love Indy, you will love this.

Cannes cunts be damned.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:29 PM 06-15-2023
http://grouchoreviews.com/reviews/5282

Originally Posted by :
a deeply committed Ford here gets a chance to wash the bad taste of Crystal Skull out of everyone's mouths, and he hasn't lost a step since 2008. In fact, he weirdly seems to have gained one, perhaps because the screenwriters and Mangold have devised action sequences credible for Ford's advanced age rather than ones that constantly beggar belief.
Originally Posted by :
Not to put to fine a point on it, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (as screened at San Francisco's magnificent Metreon IMAX theater) gave this critic one of the most satisfying moviegoing experiences of his life—or as Helena describes it, "A final triumph...Indiana Jones, back in the saddle."

Mangold's film burnishes the Indiana Jones legacy by crafting a fulfilling and moving finale for the character, with an ending that will give true fans the chills.

Indy's latest and last magical mystery tour only provides fan service by being a great Indiana Jones movie, and I won't knock it for that (callbacks are few and organic).

Even with Lucas and Spielberg stepping down to executive producer status, this movie truly, madly, deeply understands the character of Indiana Jones and the choices he'd make.

Don't let anyone—film critic or otherwise—tell you this is anything less than a great Indiana Jones movie. Congratulations, Disney. I can't wait to get on this ride again.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:42 PM 06-16-2023
This is gonna suuuuuuck.

Did #IndianaJones director James Mangold consider having Shia LaBeouf involved in the film?

"When I came on, I wanted to capture that wonderful energy between Indy and an intrepid female character." https://t.co/nh6ZRSfNcI pic.twitter.com/WGXDjYddJb

— Variety (@Variety) June 15, 2023

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:39 PM 06-16-2023
Yeah, modern day writers and directors aren't going to recreate what Marion, Willie, Elsa, and Sophia Hapgood had with Indy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:58 PM 06-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This is gonna suuuuuuck.
sounds like a personal problem

most people like it
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:09 PM 06-16-2023
this is gonna be awesome

Originally Posted by :
For starters, the other major extended action sequences feature more practical effects and locations while also appearing more elaborately conceived, such as a chase segment through a parade and protesters that culminates with Indiana Jones amusingly riding a horse down a subway tunnel, thrillingly avoiding trains while crossing between tracks.

Then there is the menacing Mads Mikkelsen playing a villain who does get the kill the occasional character, setting the stage for some danger and urgency to be felt.
Originally Posted by :
it also climaxes in a genuinely bonkers 45 minutes taking the story and action to pleasantly preposterous heights. Not only that, but the filmmakers also reach an emotionally moving conclusion in touch with the story’s central themes.

[Reply]
Cheater5 07:23 AM 06-17-2023
This will be forgotten schlop in under 60 days, buried in the queue next to ‘The Librarian’ franchise of milquetoast adventure movies. Its’ cinematic tombstone will have one word; Irrelevant, which is arguably worse than Crystal Skull’s which reads— Unnecessary.

Lucasfilm’s dignity is in the freaking gutter.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 10:45 AM 06-17-2023
I had this sinking feeling of impending doom when I found out Phoebe Waller Bridge had a big role in the movie. I haven't forgiven her for voicing that horrid fembot in Solo, and can't imagine any movie starring her that doesn't suck.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:02 PM 06-18-2023
Just found this :-)

fuck your RT score

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_man_of_steel
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:58 AM 06-19-2023
this is gonna be one of those 90% audience scores

My spoiler-free review of #IndianaJones and the Dial of Destiny. pic.twitter.com/DLyeT98Dem

— Justin Bradford (@justinbbradford) June 17, 2023

[Reply]
Page 31 of 56
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up