ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****NCAA Tourney Thread****
Pablo 06:18 PM 03-10-2021
Conference tourneys are in full swing, local schools going currently and the next couple days.

Madness is underway, next couple of weeks should be fun.

Viewing schedule and scoreboard in link:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...rackets-scores

[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:28 PM 03-25-2021

Grand Canyon basketball standout Oscar Frayer died in a car accident early Tuesday morning, according to a release from the school. He was 23 years old.

His older sister, Andrea Moore, and a third person in their vehicle were also killed in the crash. https://t.co/lUpscabsVK

— ESPN (@espn) March 26, 2021

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:23 AM 03-26-2021
Tragic

RIP
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:23 AM 03-26-2021

Sources: Marquette is closing in on hiring Texas' Shaka Smart as its next head basketball coach.

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) March 26, 2021

[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:33 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
huh???

Does Smart have ties to Marquette?

Seems odd to leave UT for marquette.....
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:35 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
huh???

Does Smart have ties to Marquette?

Seems odd to leave UT for marquette.....
He has 2 tourney wins since the VCU FF.

He is from Wisconsin.

Lower expectations.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:51 AM 03-26-2021
Texas coaching is tough because it's so political down there. The head coach has to make time to please the donors on top of trying to win.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:54 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
He has 2 tourney wins since the VCU FF.

He is from Wisconsin.

Lower expectations.

I guess he is from Rhode Island.

I think the early tourney exits did him in and the writing was on the wall.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:58 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Texas coaching is tough because it's so political down there. The head coach has to make time to please the donors on top of trying to win.
Yep. Shaka made this move before UT could fire him. They didn't have an NCAA tournament win during his tenure, despite a number of NBA talented players on the teams
[Reply]
alanm 11:09 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Gonzaga is a mid major. At least based on the classic definition. They've just been good for so long, it's easy to consider them a big time school. But they play in the West Coast Conference. I hope they win at least one after all this time.

Other than that, the only true Cinderellas are Loyola (who is an 8 seed and coming off an Elite 8 run a few years ago) and Oral Roberts which would be the coolest thing ever if they won. Everyone else that's a lower seed is kinda "meh" factor. I guess Oregon State but would anyone really be excited if they won (other than their fans) ? UCLA can **** off with their 11 seed. They're still the historical royalty of the sport.
Creighton?? I really expect them to be overlooked by Gonzaga. If the Jays get hot..
[Reply]
Pants 01:07 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Yep. Shaka made this move before UT could fire him. They didn't have an NCAA tournament win during his tenure, despite a number of NBA talented players on the teams
Yeah, who has done less with that much talent? Shaka fucking sucks.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:07 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Gonzaga is a mid major. At least based on the classic definition. They've just been good for so long, it's easy to consider them a big time school. But they play in the West Coast Conference. I hope they win at least one after all this time.

Other than that, the only true Cinderellas are Loyola (who is an 8 seed and coming off an Elite 8 run a few years ago) and Oral Roberts which would be the coolest thing ever if they won. Everyone else that's a lower seed is kinda "meh" factor. I guess Oregon State but would anyone really be excited if they won (other than their fans) ? UCLA can **** off with their 11 seed. They're still the historical royalty of the sport.
Loyola isn’t a Cinderella. They should’ve been seeded hire.

By every metric, this team is better than 2018 team.

Them beating Illinois shouldn’t be a huge surprise.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 01:32 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Yeah, who has done less with that much talent? Shaka ****ing sucks.
Ut fans would throw Rick Barnes into that category but at least he made it to the final 4 a couple of times.
[Reply]
Pants 01:42 PM 03-26-2021
Ut fans would throw Rick Barnes into that category but at least he made it to the final 4 a couple of times.
Yeah, Rick Barnes couldn't beat Bill Self but at least he had success in the tournament. I guess not winning it all with fucking KD on your team is unforgivable, but Shaka is still worse.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:33 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Smart should have had plenty of tire for politics because he wasn’t focusing on winning.

Originally Posted by Pants:
Yeah, who has done less with that much talent? Shaka fucking sucks.
Dude has made a motherfucking mountain of money off a fluke KU win/FF run. You know they hired him because “he knew how to beat KU”.

Fuck that fraud.

Barnes is like John Fucking Wooden compared to Smart.

Fuck that douche Puke.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:49 PM 03-26-2021
I guess since KU got their poop packed, I'm on the Loyola bandwagon for the rest of this tournament.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up