Page 31 of 112
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
staylor26 07:56 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He had a couple clutch sacks. It's not like he was wrecking the play on every town. Plenty of players could've done what he did.
No, he had 5 sacks in 3 games. He had 10 pressures in just one game.

You’re fucking clueless.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:56 PM 10-12-2021
He had a couple clutch sacks. It's not like he was wrecking the play on every town. Plenty of players could've done what he did.
Dude. What’s wrong with you? I think you should go back and watch those games.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:57 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nobody is saying that Pennel doesn’t deserve credit. He doesn’t deserve all of it though.

The issue here is somebody saying that Clark deserves no credit whatsoever for stopping Derrick Henry, when anybody that watched him in that game should know that’s bullshit.
Actually, the issue here is that Veach is a competent and capable GM. And he was responsible for Pennel AND Clark. So whatever split success people may want to attribute to each of them, Veach was responsible for the aggregate output as a talent evaluator.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:57 PM 10-12-2021
No, he had 5 sacks on 3 games. He had 10 pressures in just one game.

You’re ****ing clueless.
Someone on here said he had 5 pressures on Sunday Night.

If that's how they track pressures than i'm pretty sure you or I could get one.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:59 PM 10-12-2021
We could have kept Damien Williams, Justin Houston and Eric Fisher - and spent all that draft capital (CEH, Clark, Brown trade) and Frank Clark and Reed’s money on defensive depth. Like Ogbah.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:00 PM 10-12-2021
Someone on here said he had 5 pressures on Sunday Night.

If that's how they track pressures than i'm pretty sure you or I could get one.
Ah, okay. Willfully obtuse. Thanks for the fine discussion.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:00 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Actually, the issue here is that Veach is a competent and capable GM. And he was responsible for Pennel AND Clark. So whatever split success people may want to attribute to each of them, Veach was responsible for the aggregate output as a talent evaluator.
Well yea, but I already know Boss would agree with us there.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:00 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Dude. What’s wrong with you? I think you should go back and watch those games.
I just think it's ridiculous that people try and excuse away the hilarious bad Frank Clark contract because he had a couple good games. I'm pretty damn sure we win the Super Bowl with a replacement level DE that year.

We certainly didn't win because of Frank Clark and that in no way validates the ridiculous contract that that dipshit Veach gave him.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:03 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
We could have kept Damien Williams, Justin Houston and Eric Fisher - and spent all that draft capital and Frank Clark and Reed’s money on defensive depth.
Williams, yes. Agreed.

Houstin, hmmm. Who knows where that relationship stood at that point?

Fisher, nope. We couldn't have relied upon him to be back anytime soon. And it wouldn't have been fair to put Mahomes in that situation after the beating he took in the Super Bowl.

PS - anyone catch the strip sack Fisher gave up last night?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:05 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Williams, yes. Agreed.

Houstin, hmmm. Who knows where that relationship stood at that point?

Fisher, nope. We couldn't have relied upon him to be back anytime soon. And it wouldn't have been fair to put Mahomes in that situation after the beating he took in the Super Bowl.

PS - anyone catch the strip sack Fisher gave up last night?
Crazy how much better Williams is than CEH and we could have had him for a fraction of the cost and used that first round pick on an actual position of value.

Veach is clueless.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:06 PM 10-12-2021
I just think it's ridiculous that people try and excuse away the hilarious bad Frank Clark contract because he had a couple good games. I'm pretty damn sure we win the Super Bowl with a replacement level DE that year.

We certainly didn't win because of Frank Clark and that in no way validates the ridiculous contract that that dipshit Veach gave him.
No matter how many times you say this, it’s still fucking retarded.

Nobody is “excusing away” Frank Clark’s contract as it stands today. You continue to miss the fucking point.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:07 PM 10-12-2021
Bitching about what Veach did for the team in 19 is stupid. We won the SB! He is justified for making the moves he made. Does the contract suck now? Hell yes! Is Clark a bum these days? Hell yes!
[Reply]
-King- 08:07 PM 10-12-2021
Yea, because tackles themselves tell you anything.

Who got the TFL? :-)
Where do you think Pennel was making most of his tackles? Do you think that he was chasing guys down the field or do you think he was tackling for short gains or no gains?

Its so weird to even argue this. 5 yards per carry without him. 4.5 with him. That's a huge difference. And it's something you can give a lot of credit to Veach for because he's the one who found him midseason.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Where do you think Pennel was making most of his tackles? Do you think that he was chasing guys down the field or do you think he was tackling for short gains or no gains?

Its so weird to even argue this. 5 yards per carry without him. 4.5 with him. That's a huge difference. And it's something you can give a lot of credit to Veach for because he's the one who found him midseason.
You still don’t seem to understand that I’m not dismissing Pennel’s impact.

He’s not solely responsible for that improvement though. It was a new defense entirely with a new scheme and players.

This was in response to you saying that Clark “doesn’t get any credit” when he was fantastic in that game against the run. It was probably his best game as a Chief in terms of run defense.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:11 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Bitching about what Veach did for the team in 19 is stupid. We won the SB! He is justified for making the moves he made. Does the contract suck now? Hell yes! Is Clark a bum these days? Hell yes!
Pretty sad when Red Dawg can have a more nuanced discussion than you como…
[Reply]
Page 31 of 112
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up